Author Topic: Have Your Say: Reviving the High Street  (Read 26589 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Have Your Say: Reviving the High Street
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2011, 05:31:20 pm »
Yet again in a comment to this Forum we see that word "undesirables"!

NO ONE IS NESSECCERILY IN THE POSITION THEY ARE IN DUE TO THEIR OWN FAULT!  AND THERE IS NO NEED TO REFER TO PEOPLE WITH DRUG OR ALCOHOL OR HOMELESS PROBLEMS IN SUCH A MANNER.

In this country there are, even in this town and probably in your street, those who have such problems and maybe if lady luck had not smiled on you, you could be one of them yourself.
I'm struggling to see how it can be the fault of anyone else if someone has a drug problem? Everyone has a choice whether or not to use drugs that first time. Personal responsibility and all that.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2011, 06:14:23 pm »
In my opinion having known and spoken to various people with issues concerning drug abuse, in the majority of cases with a few exceptions the blame can be firmly left at the feet of another person.  Drugs and especially class A drugs are often used for the first time as an escape from the everyday hell they face or have faced during their lives.  Once you get that buzz and the feeling of peace it makes it a lot harder to crash land back into reality.  Not forgetting drugs such as Heroin, Smack, Crack and Cocaine are incredibly addictive, these type of drugs consume your whole being and any shred of will power left is drained.  I am lucky as I am strong minded person but I will say this given the circumstances (which I don't need to speak of on here) if my will was not so resilient I kid you not and I mean this I could quite easily have turned to class A drugs or alcohol.  I shouldn't say this but the only drug that used to calm me down was cannabis and I'm not talking the dangerous hybrid skunk that's around now I'm saying just a bit of pot  :roll: 
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2011, 07:55:41 pm »
I'm struggling to see how it can be the fault of anyone else if someone has a drug problem? Everyone has a choice whether or not to use drugs that first time. Personal responsibility and all that.

I think Pendragon sums one particular aspect of getting hooked very admirably.  Then there are the "pushers" who pursuade kids to "try one" instead of a cigarette!.  Some, who once they have started going downhill, just cannot stop.  The expert is the one who has been there, not the one who has never experienced it.   Such can count themselves lucky!   
££$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2011, 08:19:34 pm »
I don't think there's many people on here who haven't been offered drugs at some point, I know I certainly have. Being as my brain is my second favourite organ, I didnt want to wreck it and naturally refused. Everyone else has the same choice.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2011, 08:41:04 pm »
I can't help it DaveR what's your first favourite then  _))*

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2011, 11:17:00 pm »
 ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2011, 11:36:03 pm »
I can't help it DaveR what's your first favourite then  _))*
I think Mr. M.E. has already answered for me...  :laugh:

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2011, 11:53:38 pm »
;D
Fair play ME that's exactly what I thought  _))*

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: New Irish bar opening soon??!
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2011, 08:29:30 pm »
I haven't actually been in since the new change - but is their anything remotely Irish about it?
Doesn't look like it to me.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2011, 09:33:20 pm »
 ;D Mick. _))*

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2011, 10:11:42 pm »
He doesn't work all the time though  :P

I was suprised to see them having a northern soul disco on a Saturday  ???

Would have thought the Dublines, Tones type thing would have been more apt!

Offline dingo20

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2012, 04:22:17 pm »
Why don't Conwy council introduce free rates on new shops opening on the high street. I've seen it working in ther part of the country quite successfully?

Offline viv

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2012, 10:49:48 pm »
During a recession the businesses that survive are those that provide a quality product with excellent customer service because people want true value for their money in getting a product that will last.  Is this what you find in Llandudno?

When the new Conference Centre was built several years ago now (In the days of the Tourist Board) there was a call for a new 5* Hotel to cater for upmarket guests.  However it was agreed that it would then take business away from existing hotels. So grants were made available to Hotels to upgrade. Most of the Hotels decided that they were not prepared to match the grants as they could not be guaranteed that their investment would enhance their businesses.  They chose instead to stick with the Turkey and Tinsel Brigade via the pensioners' coach parties as they felt that these contracts were reliable. But as a previous poster has said, these demographics do not benefit the town as the coaches whisk them off to other areas and the hotels also provide their own entertainment.  Meanwhile the younger people of the town and young family visitors are poorly catered for, and they are the ones who spend. For once you can't blame the council for that - just people who like to cling to the past.  The younger ones go out of town to the Parc to spend their money - or even further afield.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2012, 06:59:46 am »
This is why i agreed with Travelodge,they always have offers so people decide thats a good offer lets have a break,as at the moment Llandudno has;nt one so people go where the hotels are,its all about bringing in the trade and we are failing.CCBC treat coach companies poorly,sending them on wastless journeys around the town when there maybe only ten in for the day,instead of letting them stay on Broadway.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2012, 08:02:32 am »
You're a bit out on the coach numbers Wrex.   We can get over 120 coaches a day, especially around Bank Holidays.  If you give licence to use the Mostyn Broadway park on some days, you have to let it be used for ALL days, and that just won't work.   

Z**
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero