Author Topic: Pembrokeshire coast path  (Read 12537 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Pembrokeshire coast path
« on: May 16, 2011, 11:04:20 pm »
Here are a few snaps from previous trips walking the Pembrokeshire coast path. Hope to return later in the year to walk another section.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Pembrokeshire coast path
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 08:17:19 am »
Lovely pastel colours in those pebbles.  $good$

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 03:12:22 pm »
The last photo brings back memories, Hollins.  I have a lot of photos of rocks and sea from my walk along the Pembrokeshire coast path. 

Offline hollins

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 04:18:36 pm »
I did a super walk today in perfect weather from Solva to St David's along the coast path.
Here are a few pics.

Offline hollins

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 04:23:19 pm »
A few more....

Offline Hugo

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 04:47:32 pm »
Lovely photos Hollins and the weather seems good too.   When we were in Tenby, we had a coach trip to St Davids and passed through Solva and just wish that the coach would have stopped there as it looked so pretty
Instead we had to spend a couple of hours in Cardigan.
Two hours in Cardigan on a Sunday afternoon was just two hours too much!       *tumble*

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 08:29:33 pm »
  Shame about you being disappointed on your coach trip. I am coming in the defence of the coach driver/operator because I've been down that road, literally. I don't know Solva but I lived in Tenby for most of the first five years of my life, and I do know Cardigan. If Solva is a pretty little village there is a fair chance that the residents don't welcome coaches. They like the passengers but they don't like what brings them. I don't know if this applies here, but it might do.
   On the other hand Cardigan would have coach parking, and the shoppers amongst the passengers usually moan if they get less than their two hours. No time, too far to walk fast etc etc.
   This is the problem. Its hard to satisfy 50 passengers often with different expectations.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 09:42:50 am »
I did like the coach trip Mike and we saw a lot of the area including St Davids which is another attractive village but Cardigan on a Sunday wasn't for me.
It was closed and was  just like Tombstone in the Western pictures     *tumble*    most of the passengers including myself were OAP's and many had walking difficulties and there was just nothing to see and nowhere to go other than to cafe's.
As for Solva, what we saw we liked and it did seem to cater for the tourist trade but the drivers do have to cater for the majority and we accept that but the two hours in Cardigan didn't spoil the overall outing.

Offline hollins

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 01:18:35 pm »
There is quite a large car park in Solva but not big enough for coaches I don't think. The road up to Upper Solva and St David's is very narrow too. I was on a smallish bus yesterday and the driver had to back up quite a way for an oncoming lorry.
I bought a takeaway crab sandwich in Solva for my walk and ate it on a lovely beach.
I am enjoying city life, albeit the smallest city in Britain, St David's.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 10:00:18 pm »
   Give my regards to Gumfreston Farm about a mile inland from Tenby. Lived there from six months to five years old. Hope Ive spelt it correct, thats how its pronounced

Offline hollins

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 05:45:37 pm »
They are building a new lifeboat station at St David's.

http://www.stdavids-rnli.org.uk/26th-april-2015-progress-update/

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 09:09:54 am »
Looks like the RNLI are having to replace a number of their Lifeboat Stations in order to accommodate the new, larger Lifeboats. I saw the one at Morfa Nefyn being rebuilt a year or two back.

Offline hollins

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 08:50:29 am »
We have been walking another section of the coast path between St David's and Broad Haven.
Here are a few of my favourite pics.

Offline hollins

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 08:52:42 am »
A few more....

Offline hollins

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2018, 06:26:15 pm »
We have had another holiday in Pembrokeshire but this time really unlucky with the weather.
A sea mist hanging around on exactly the line of the coast path not to mention the cold rain and wind!
Here are a few salvaged snaps.