Author Topic: Nantwich  (Read 4516 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Nantwich
« on: May 12, 2011, 12:35:03 pm »
We've just come back from Nantwich after having a two night stay at Alverston Hall, part of the Warner's group of Hotels.  The last part of the journey was horrendous with torrential rain,flooded roads and hailstorms but once we arrived the weather improved.  On the second day we had a look around the shops before spending a couple of hours in the Bridgemere Garden Centre. It's a few years since I last went there but the place is massive there now and is still expanding.
After having a coffee and a cake we returned to Nantwich and drove past the old white and black timbered buildings and travelled to Snugburys Farm where we indulged ourselves with a double scoop of their popular ice cream. Then back to the Hotel for our evening meal!!   :)

Offline hollins

Re: Nantwich
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 03:59:34 pm »
So pleased that you had a good time in Nantwich Hugo. That is another connection between us. My father in law and brother in law and his family live there. We visit quite often.
Did you know about the amazing sculptures that Snugbury's make in the summer?
Last year it was a meerkat and the previous one Big Ben all made out of straw bales!

http://www.snugburys.co.uk/content/sculptures

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 06:17:55 pm »
It's a lovely place to live and there are many beautiful old buildings there but I wasn't there long enough to take any photos of them as I was too busy indulging myself with coffees,cake and those lovely ice creams.       $good$
Saw a picture of the Meerkats in the ice cream place but they are not sure what they are doing for this year.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 07:12:49 pm »
Hugo, did you think the Warner short break was good value-for-money?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 05:44:38 pm »
I do think they are good value for money especially as I can get 25% off the advertised price. We have been going to various Warner Hotels for some years now, mainly because of my wife's illness and the fact that they cater for activities during the day and the evening.
The reason we went on this break is that we were putting our dog in kennels and just wanted to remind him what they were like as we are going away for a lot longer soon and we would also be putting him in then.
Alveston caters for a slightly younger age group than normal, mainly due to the Golf Course they have there and also included in the price was a round of Golf although we never took advantage of the offer.
We have had longer holidays with Warners and have travelled with Arvonia Coaches and had fantastic deals with them. eg. 5 days in Nidd Hall, all entertainment included as well as a couple of excursions and a free bar!    All for under £200.00

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 07:12:25 pm »
Thanks, Hugo, for the feedback.

Warners are forever e-mailing me with special deals but I have also noticed there are far better deals to be had by travelling with a local coach company.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 05:23:06 pm »
I've been to all the historic hotels that Warners have apart from Holme Lacy, but hope to go there as soon as possible.
The average age of people going to these hotels is quite high but they all seem to enjoy it, and the coach holidays always have some excursions going on as well.
Arvonia have trips to these hotels that don't appear in their brochures, instead they have leaflets for the holidays which are either side of the Christmas break and they are usually booked up very quickly indeed.
If you are thinking of anywhere Bri  I can give you some info on them.

Offline hollins

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 07:34:54 pm »
Saw a picture of the Meerkats in the ice cream place but they are not sure what they are doing for this year.

http://www.snugburys.co.uk/content/sculptures

We drove past Snugbury's today and this year they have made a polar bear straw sculpture.
Here are two photos which are not very good because they were taken from the car window.
There is a better one on their website.

They really take you eye when you are driving past. It made me think of when I was a child and the excitement of being the first one to see the Blackpool tower and receiving an old 3p coin if you won.
Wouldn't it be good if there was something special for children to look out for on the way in to Llandudno?
The roundabouts are so disappointing with their rambling shrubs.