Author Topic: Local Wildlife  (Read 527576 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Local Wildlife
« Reply #1020 on: January 08, 2015, 12:03:44 pm »
We had one in the same state about 3 weeks ago drinking from our birdbath, although it still had hair on it's tail. We rang he RSPCA who were about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. They told us to prod the poor thing with a sweeping brush to test how alert it was. Our local councillor found out that if you ring the environmental people at the council they will arrange things ! We didn't try this as the poor beast went away and hasn't returned. I was glad when it had rained heavily so the smell of him went.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1021 on: January 08, 2015, 10:50:20 pm »
Thanks Meleri,  I will act on that information.  Although I have no idea how they will find it!

Nemesis, I think the advice you were given by the RSPCA was ludicrous, and downright dangerous.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1022 on: January 08, 2015, 11:20:18 pm »
On the other hand that advice could work with the bloke living in the cave!  WWW
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1023 on: January 09, 2015, 09:38:51 am »
On the other hand that advice could work with the bloke living in the cave!  WWW

_))* _))* _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1024 on: February 04, 2015, 08:46:09 pm »
Up to 70 dolphins are photographed off the east coast of Anglesey

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-31127591

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1025 on: February 13, 2015, 10:26:09 pm »
We were in Newborough forest today and the photos were taken by Teletubby.   The Red Squirrels were very active in the small car park.

Offline hollins

« Reply #1026 on: February 14, 2015, 05:17:30 am »
Well done Tellytubby and thanks Hugo for posting them. Super photos.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1027 on: February 14, 2015, 08:58:56 am »
Reds are delightful. Now sure exactly why.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline hollins

« Reply #1028 on: February 15, 2015, 10:02:44 am »
This is a bit of a tenuous posting but as ME once said, "They were local to you at the time!"
The camel is made from Lego.
The bird was a female peregrine falcon being trained to deter messy pigeons from the hotel balconies and the other photo was a flock of birds flying in formation by the Dubai Downtown skyline.

Offline DVT

« Reply #1029 on: February 20, 2015, 10:47:24 am »
Took granddaughter to see the red squirrels at Newborough yesterday and saw quite a few, as well as birdlife including a pair of jays that landed very close to the car.

Just as we were about to leave a black squirrel appeared - sorry about picture quality, it was through wet windscreen!  Never knew there were black ones as well.

Different camera but it seems to have developed a focussing problem!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1030 on: February 20, 2015, 11:23:27 am »
I'm glad that you were able to see those Squirrels.    In the past I've walked miles and miles through the forest on the other side of the road but never saw one.
It's great though to see them from the comfort of the car in the Llyn Parc Mawr car park.   We noticed the various colours too and at first the Reddish ones looked like weasels as they had a bright wide belly on them, it was only when they stopped running and we saw the tails that we could tell the difference.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1031 on: February 28, 2015, 04:06:06 pm »
I was on the Little Orme today with my friend Tellytubby and we saw about 36 seals at Angel Bay.  I counted 36 but Tellytubby said that there were 37 or 38 but whatever the number there were more than we had ever seen before.
On our way over the cliffs of the Little Orme we were luck enough to see a pair of Peregrine Falcons, a few Buzzards and Terns, Razorbills and a variety of other birds too.
The photos were taken by Tellytubby with his Nikon  41x  zoom camera which is great for taking shots from a distance.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1032 on: March 15, 2015, 10:35:17 pm »
Tellytubby went to Angel Bay in Penrhyn Bay this afternoon and counted 41 Seals there.  Here are some of the photos he took today.

Offline hollins

« Reply #1033 on: April 09, 2015, 08:07:17 am »
Welsh lamb!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1034 on: April 30, 2015, 01:50:00 pm »
A few weeks ago we had a call from a local vets in Llandudno about a baby collared dove that needed looking after. We hand fed him and got him eating on his own, last week we released him and  every morning he flies back wanting to come in for food and relaxing! Then about 8 pm we open the door and he walks out and flies off to roost! Lovely little bird!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas