Author Topic: Local Wildlife  (Read 528068 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Local Wildlife
« Reply #900 on: March 05, 2014, 05:13:59 pm »
Is this a "spot the seals" quiz?    :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #901 on: March 05, 2014, 06:49:22 pm »
I can see 4 1/2 seals in that pic! Do I win a prize?  ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #902 on: March 05, 2014, 08:14:19 pm »
Is this a "spot the seals" quiz?    :D

Yes and it's sponsored by Specsavers       ;D

Here's one I prepared earlier

I can see 5 in the photo  ME but there were about 8 altogether in that area

Offline Hugo

« Reply #903 on: March 25, 2014, 02:38:25 pm »
I noticed the Crows in the garden searching for material to line their nests, so I got out a carrier bag full of Marco our Old English Sheepdog's cuttings and put them on the lawn.
Within a short time all the wool had been taken away by the Crows so each morning now I put another lot there for them.  Once the Crows have had enough wool the smaller birds will come and take the rest.
It's quite a comical sight watching them stuffing their bills with so much wool that I don't know how they can see when they fly off.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #904 on: March 26, 2014, 08:29:08 pm »
they are even taking the hairs of the goats back on the orm, or may be just looking for fleas, i was watching them come back and forth yesterday

Offline Hugo

« Reply #905 on: March 26, 2014, 10:31:57 pm »
They are still collecting wool here, I put a pile of it in the garden this morning and when I came home in the evening it had all gone.  Must remember to put some more out tomorrow.  On Monday I was in the sunlounge when a beautiful Red Admiral Butterfly rested on the wall outside, it was the first one I've seen in the garden this year.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #906 on: March 26, 2014, 10:51:27 pm »
they are even taking the hairs of the goats back on the orm, or may be just looking for fleas, i was watching them come back and forth yesterday

Mike, I obseved about 20 goats munching away on the grass on your 7th fairway, and 8th tee, at 6pm this evening.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #907 on: March 27, 2014, 07:18:42 am »
They are still collecting wool here, I put a pile of it in the garden this morning and when I came home in the evening it had all gone.  . . . . .

Saw a couple of Crows flying round Upper Colwyn Bay wearing knitted jumpers!   Must be a bit chilly up ther.    _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #908 on: March 27, 2014, 12:39:27 pm »
I was looking out the window on Sunday night (early Monday) 12.40am and to my surprise a large fox came out from St Mary's and walked up the street.  It looked in quite a bad way I thought as its back was bald.  Believe it or not I've never seen a wild fox.  I was that fascinated by the time i thought of taking a photo it was already half way up the street.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #909 on: March 27, 2014, 11:45:33 pm »
At the car park in Manchester where I left my car for 2 weeks recently, I saw a fox in the road as I drove in.

It followed me to the pay booth, where the guy in charge was feeding another fox from his hand!

He said that they come most nights, and he had got to know them well.  It was a strange sight to behold.

Beautiful creatures though.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

« Reply #910 on: March 28, 2014, 08:37:58 am »
I was looking out the window on Sunday night (early Monday) 12.40am and to my surprise a large fox came out from St Mary's and walked up the street.  It looked in quite a bad way I thought as its back was bald.  Believe it or not I've never seen a wild fox.  I was that fascinated by the time i thought of taking a photo it was already half way up the street.

Sounds like it had a bad attack of the mange.  It's a shame to see a creature like that because a healthy looking fox is a nice sight to see. A Fox comes to our back garden now and again but thankfully its coat is in good condition.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #911 on: March 28, 2014, 03:26:00 pm »
Currently sat watching a fox moving in and out of the trees at the top of Pen Dinas above Black Gate. The same fox I assume that has figured out how to get into the food scraps
recycling box with the locking handle if I leave it at the side of the house with chicken left overs and bones in.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #912 on: March 28, 2014, 06:48:27 pm »
That could be the one that lives up above the Headlands on Hill Terrace. We saw it running up Hill Terrace on Wednesday night as we came back from quiz night in the Kings Head.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #913 on: March 28, 2014, 08:01:16 pm »
may be the one that had the 4 cubs last year?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #914 on: March 29, 2014, 08:54:25 am »
A smallish one got trapped in our garden earlier in the year. It had jumped down off the wall and couldn't get a run to get back. It eventually managed, but not without a struggle. Many a time see them along the road and in the car park on Gloddaeth when out with the dog during the evening.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.