Members' Lounge > Hobbies and Interests

Local Wildlife

<< < (2/397) > >>

Nemesis:
 :o   Blue tits pecking all the paint off our outside buildings. My OH redid the paint last week---- more patches off all ready. Same with the back gate-- no stain left on the top part again.

Hugo:
Just before I let our puppy out late last night I put the security lights on just to make sure that the Badgers were not about.
When the puppy was let out he shot up the garden like a rocket because there was a small dark coloured Fox behind our middle border which I hadn't noticed. Luckily the Fox made his escape through a gap in the hedge.

Hugo:
I've just come home after taking my dog out for his walk and on the walk four adult pheasants popped out of my neighbours front garden and when they saw us they flew off in the direction of the woods.
We have had a pheasant in our back garden before but that was some time ago as was a Corncrake that paid us a visit

Ian:
There's probably a pheasant rearing coop near you. They'll be getting the birds fed up for the shooting season. 

Hugo:
We live miles many away from the nearest shoot so that's why it was so unusual to see four together. It looked like they were four hen pheasants too although I only had a brief sight of them before they flew off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version