Author Topic: Local Wildlife  (Read 191476 times)

spotty dog

• Member.
Re: Local Wildlife
« Reply #1485 on: April 03, 2019, 01:39:07 PM »
Yes Hugo size is the most obvious trait, also porpoise are quite shy, there was a mother and calf in Conwy Bay last year.

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1486 on: April 03, 2019, 03:24:58 PM »
It's always nice to see them in their natural habitat Spotty Dog and to see a mother and calf is rather special.   Let's hope that we see many more of them this year

SteveH

• Newshound
« Reply #1487 on: May 20, 2019, 02:56:53 PM »
I have had a lot of butterflies in the garden since Easter, which is nice to see, including quite a few small blue ones, which I think look like the Great Orme butterflies, can anyone tell me if they come to the lower areas of the Orme .
While looking for more details, I came across this interesting link, well worth a look ............ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1488 on: May 20, 2019, 06:40:01 PM »
That's a very interesting link you have attached Steve and well worth a look at.     One time when I walked up the zig zag path on Invalids walk I saw hundreds of the blue Butterflies on or near the path, I've never seen as many since that time though

SteveH

• Newshound
« Reply #1489 on: June 06, 2019, 12:33:52 PM »
Having a cuppa in the garden a few minutes ago, this visitor hung around for a time, one I have never seen one before,  unfortunately no camera, so have used a stock photo, which does not do it justice.

Cinnabar    Tyria jacobaeae   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

DVT

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1490 on: June 06, 2019, 07:03:48 PM »
Quite common in this area - they like ragwort so look on that plant for the caterpillars!

SteveH

• Newshound
« Reply #1491 on: June 15, 2019, 10:59:19 AM »
Sitting enjoying the morning sun, about 10.30 , when I heard a few honks ! took me while to register the sound, but in time to see a flight of about twenty Canada geese fly over the house, heading towards the boating lake ?                (stock photo)

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1492 on: June 15, 2019, 05:19:50 PM »
We were having a meal in Home From Home Cooking in Penrhyn Bay last night and at about 7.00 pm a similar sized flock of Geese flew overhead in a V formation and they were heading westwards, perhaps it was the same flock that you have seen Steve?