Author Topic: Craig Y Don  (Read 82758 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Craig Y Don
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 12:18:01 pm »
I wish somebody would give consideration to the problems the elderly have every day using that zebra crossing in C-y-D especially when the buses have come to a stop at those bus boarders which arrived out-of-the blue one day and seem unique to C-y-D.

If the cycle route was a good enough excuse to build a pelican crossing yards away from a busy roundabout by the Links Hotel then someone should realise this zebra crossing in C-y-D needs to be replaced with a pelican crossing before somebody gets killed.

Offline Paddy

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 01:28:23 pm »
I understand that the Zebra Crossing at Mostyn Ave/Queens Road is to be moved slightly and the road narrowed at that point as part of the North Shore-South Shore Cycle Track which will run along Mostyn Ave.

Dave, when you say "North Shore-South Shore" do you mean the Prom? Are they considering a cycle track down Mostyn St/Broadway/Avenue?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 01:52:30 pm »
Not quite, from the present end of the cycle track by CYD paddling pool, it goes left down Nant T Gamar Road, right along Mostyn Ave as far as the Link Road, then left along to the Links, then along Maesdu Road to West Shore Bridge, then along Bryniau Road, Trinity Crescent and Dale Road to join to the cycle track at the beach at West Shore. Work should be starting any day now and will take 16 weeks.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 09:34:12 am »
I have never in my life seen such a small job as the work to modify the pedestrian crossing in the middle of Craig Y Don take so long and involve so many men and machines. They have been working on it for three works, usually at least 5 men, and all they are doing is extending a 12 foot width of pavement about 5 foot out into the road, installing two new drains and moving the belisha beacon. If this is the normal speed at which Daniel Construction work, then it is no surprise that everything costs so much to do. Absolutely amazing....

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 09:49:09 am »
Daniel Construction..

Interesting.  They were the same company that turned off a water valve to the villages above Llanrwst last week and forgot to turn it back on, so I was told by a Dwr Cymru inspector..
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2011, 10:09:42 am »
Daniel carry out all civil engineering work for Dwr Cymru, so I'm sure it was them.  $walesflag$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2011, 10:56:22 am »
The traffic lights have vanished at last and the rebuilt pedestrian crossing at Mostyn Ave/Queens Road is almost finished. The road will be closed from 6.30pm on the 15/4 to 9.00am on the 16th for resurfacing.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2011, 01:36:45 pm »
The construction work has now been completed building a small island in the middle of Mostyn Avenue leaving C-y-D immediately before the roundabout outside Broadway Boulevard.

Unfortunately, it is not quite in the middle of the road.  :o

I paced out seven strides only to the island on the road going into Llandudno but nine strides on the road leading the opposite way into C-y-D.

Common sense should have made it eight strides both ways. $good$

It is so narrow approaching the roundabout into Llandudno that it may only be a matter of time before an accident happens when one car approaches the roundabout signalling right to go onto the promenade and another car undertaking on the inside to go either into Llandudno or turn left to travel towards the Links.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2011, 02:24:05 pm »
 you said the word bri ,these idiots  who think up the ideas have no common sense these new islands in the middle of the roads onlt narrow the roads more of a hazzard

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2011, 03:57:30 pm »
If you'd ever tried to cross the road at that roundabout, the bigger traffic island will be appreciated. Please think of others, such as elderly people that cant move very fast or mums with prams etc.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2011, 04:39:22 pm »
If you'd ever tried to cross the road at that roundabout, the bigger traffic island will be appreciated. Please think of others, such as elderly people that cant move very fast or mums with prams etc.

Folk like me for instance!   :D   There is another benefit that is often overlooked.  By narrowing the road they reduce the distance for pedestrians to cross, so they are not obstructing the road for so long and therefore traffic moves more quickly!   D)

The system benefits everyone.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2011, 04:44:42 pm »

DaveR, I have no complaint about the size of the island.

My point is the new island should more in the middle.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2011, 05:01:05 pm »
It's not in the middle for a reason, Bri. To slow down the traffic approaching the roundabout from CYD.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2011, 05:38:19 pm »
Have the other three approaches to this roundabout been narrowed, DaveR ?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2011, 05:47:25 pm »
Maybe they wont have cyclists crossing, Bri?