Author Topic: Craig Y Don  (Read 87260 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Craig Y Don
« on: September 06, 2010, 05:17:24 pm »
Everything to do with Craig Y Don

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Craig Y Don
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 05:18:13 pm »
The old Nailbase shop next to Le Gatte cafe is reopening as a branch of Global Tiles.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 10:38:56 am »
Dad criticises safety at play park
Sep 9 2010 by Judith Phillips, North Wales Weekly News

A NEW children’s play area has been the scene of at least two accidents since it opened three weeks ago, but a health and safety inspector has given it a clean bill of health. A parent contacted the Weekly News to express concern about the safety of equipment at Queen’s Park in Craig-y-Don which is due to be officially opened this weekend. Since it came into use one child has suffered a broken arm and another is believed to have received a minor head injury, and the Craig-y-on dad, who asked not to be named, said he was now reluctant to take his two-and-a-half-year-old son there. “I don’t think it’s suitable for young children. For instance the ladder on the slide is vertical, has wide gaps between the rungs, and there is no hand rail.

There is also a two seater roundabout which whizzes around at such a speed that I have seen a child knocked over by it,” he complained.
The play area has proved immensely popular since it opened three weeks ago with people travelling from miles around to use it. It was paid for by £40,000 raised by voluntary organisation the Friends of Queen’s Park, and will be maintained by Conwy County Council. Friends’ spokesman Jeff Wright said they were aware of the accidents but the equipment had been inspected by an independent health and safety expert. “He gave it a clean bill of health other than suggesting that the slide was facing the wrong way and should be turned around, which has been done this week. “All the equipment meets safety regulations, but supervision of young children by adults is important.
“While the inspector was there last week he saw a young child of about two-and-a-half trying to climb the ladder to the slide totally unsupervised,” he said. The play park will be officially opened during a family fun day in the park on Saturday by Edward Hillier managing director of Mostyn Estates.

http://www.northwalesweeklynews.co.uk/conwy-county-news/local-conwy-news/2010/09/09/dad-criticises-safety-at-play-park-55243-27228002/

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 08:21:22 pm »
End of the line for the old Bookies in Craig Y Don:
[smg id=797]

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 09:29:10 am »
I wouldn't bet on it...

;D
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Yorkie

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 02:56:33 pm »
I'll offer you 5 to 4 on.                  D)

Offline Trojan

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 04:04:42 am »
I won't be betting a tenner on this one.  ¢¢##

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 05:02:00 pm »
Am I right in thinking at the Chip Shop in Victoria Street has closed down again? I see also that the former Jewellers in Queens Road is up for rent and the long abandoned cafe in Queens Road (can't remember the name but it's been closed for at least 5 years) is showing signs of work going on inside. And the former Elgin shop next to St Davids Hospice shop is being refurbished...but for what?

Offline Paddy

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 05:34:43 pm »
Dave, the jewellers was called Blair's and the cafe was the Village Venue.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 05:51:20 pm »
Dave, the jewellers was called Blair's and the cafe was the Village Venue.
That's it! Cheers, mate.  :)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 07:19:58 pm »
[smg id=797]

Amazingly I've never set foot in a bookmakers and would have no idea how to place a bet, on the other hand I have been in many skips removing anything of value (with the skip user's permission of cause!)  ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 09:33:55 am »
The long closed Village Venue cafe on Queens Road is to become an Estate Agent. Not the greatest of timing to open one now, I'd have thought.  ???

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 10:34:00 pm »
FYI, the bookmakers is being converted into flats.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 11:10:39 pm »
FYI, the bookmakers is being converted into flats.

Now there's a novel idea.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 12:25:12 pm »
[smg id=797]
Dave R, when you pass next it will be nice to see an update photo on here as it looked a quite tidy job when I passed earlier.