Author Topic: Art & Crafts  (Read 77222 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Art & Crafts
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2013, 11:40:39 am »
Yes please Hollins-- they look really good. Thankyou
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2013, 11:57:20 pm »
 :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2013, 08:34:32 am »
 ?{}?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2013, 06:22:16 pm »
Thankyou very much Hollins for the wonderful flowers, both knitted and crocheted, we have decided to turn some of the layered ones into brooches, they are so pretty.
Please also thank your Mum.
The wool will come in very handy, one or two of our ladies make different things, so I am going to sort through it tonight. Thanks.
Sorry I missed you, the lady behind the counter was leaving today, to move away, so some of the volunteers, including myself, called to have a cuppa and wish her well.

Offline hollins

« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2013, 06:30:35 pm »
No problem Nemesis. I have enjoyed making them.
My mum's batch are still to come as I haven't seen her yet but I will pass on your thanks.
That's a good idea about the brooches. I'll continue doing some more of those until I run out of suitable yarn.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2013, 07:49:29 pm »
Thankyou. I have sewn safety pins onto 6 of them and we will 'test the water' to see if they sell. A volunteer at St. Davids shop where my OH helps knitted some daffodil brooches and they sold well-- in fact when I went to collect him last week I noticed another basket full ! I tried making one, but boy are they fiddly !

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2013, 01:58:57 pm »
Ended up doing 10 so that they filled the velvet card. I have taken them down to the shop, so we will see what happens

Offline hollins

« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2013, 02:43:20 pm »
Well done and good luck.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2013, 04:57:35 pm »
Thanks---they have supplied me with a big bag of safety pins (!!!) so that I can sew them to the flowers that we have made between us all. Think we might be opening a sweat shop  :o ;D

Offline hollins

« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2013, 02:22:18 pm »
Quote from: Nemesis link=topic=519.msg61499#msg61499 date=1372496393

It seems that alot of ladies love to knit and have no outlet for their pretty goods, so are happy to do them.
[/quote

I know exactly what you mean about this Nemesis. I could never stop making things, I've been doing it since I was 12 but there are only so many blankets, throws, cushions and jumpers you can accommodate in the house.
Here are some I have made recently but I am still on the flowers at the moment!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2013, 02:34:30 pm »
Same situation here Hollins, both my Grandmothers taught me to knit, sew and make things. I'm not good with crochet, but our daughter is and has made things commercially in her student days to make extra cash. Now she has a Grandaughter she never stops making blankets, clothes and anything else, both knitted and crocheted. Last winter she made so many 'animal hats' that she sold them locally.
I made some more flowers last night from your wool-- ended up covered in woolly bits with the glittery one ! Black t-shirt-- big mistake !I have another 12 ready with pins to deliver to the H.H. shop. Angie says if they don't sell as brooches she can pin them onto the bags-- dual usage !

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2013, 04:51:47 pm »
Lovely work Hollins, I have never managed to crochet anything other  than a large continuous blanket!

There is a Facebook page called Rhodd Dinbych offering  local crafters an outlet. https://www.facebook.com/RhoddDinbych
 I like browsing sites like Pinterest and Not on the High Street for ideas etc.

My knitting patterns are from 1950's onwards, mainly for knitting small Bazaar type items, I once ran a stall in Ruthin Medieval market selling "Homecrafts" I got fed up doing stripy teacosies so have a good collection of different patterns, I make Christmas stockings and hats for children,  and give them as presents. My last old fashioned knit was a hot water bottle cover for my daughter ! I knit jumpers  for myself too.

Offline hollins

« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2013, 03:36:21 pm »
Thanks suepp.
Nemesis, these arrived from my mum today (posted first class on Tuesday from Cheshire but never mind!).
I thought the felt ones were a good idea and not too time consuming to make.
Not bad for an 87yr old anyway!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2013, 04:55:44 pm »
Please thank your Mum and tell her that they look wonderful. The felt ones are lovely and cheery too.
Called at Hope House shop today with some more cards and flowers for them, they had sold 2 brooches in the first 1/2 day after I had taken them.

Offline hollins

« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2013, 05:06:16 pm »
Thanks for the update. Hope they sell well.