Author Topic: Art & Crafts  (Read 77135 times)

craigollerton

Re: Art
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2013, 04:49:39 pm »
Another seaside themed piece, man looks out across the horizon. Standing next to his days catch, perhaps awaiting for other fishermen to return?

Entitled: Looking out across the Horizon
Copyright (C) Craig Ollerton

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2013, 04:54:59 pm »
That hut must have taken some doing, looks good.

Cheers Dave, probably the most difficult piece I have made to date. I got the idea from abandoned sheep farmer dwellings you see scattered in the remotest parts of Snowdonia. I guess they were built as shelter to take a battering from the worst of the weather.
Yes, I think they are normally referred to as a 'Bothy'. http://www.mountainbothies.org.uk/

craigollerton

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2013, 04:57:47 pm »

Cheers Dave, probably the most difficult piece I have made to date. I got the idea from abandoned sheep farmer dwellings you see scattered in the remotest parts of Snowdonia. I guess they were built as shelter to take a battering from the worst of the weather.
Yes, I think they are normally referred to as a 'Bothy'. http://www.mountainbothies.org.uk/

Ddulyn Bothy a particular favourite residence of mine Dave. Nice cast iron log burner inside, fresh passing stream outside, a nice escape.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2013, 02:20:32 am »
This is one of my earlier pieces, having mentioned primitive man and mans material obsessions above, this piece I feel has a nice connection with the Great Orme and prehistoric mining! What do you think?

Entitled: The Fool
Copyright (C) Craig Ollerton

Why is he vomiting on that rock? Looks like Fester after too many  Z**

I do feel that B2R has a point, I see myself in that piece, maybe that is art in itself?
Or maybe its just that I can relate to a bald, shapeless blob as I am one myself.

Craig, can you make your Plastocene men look more like people?   Maybe a nose or something, or am I missing the whole point?

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

craigollerton

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2013, 07:10:37 am »
Why is he vomiting on that rock? Looks like Fester after too many  Z**

I do feel that B2R has a point, I see myself in that piece, maybe that is art in itself?
Or maybe its just that I can relate to a bald, shapeless blob as I am one myself.

Craig, can you make your Plastocene men look more like people?   Maybe a nose or something, or am I missing the whole point?

Hi Fester, I don't think your missing the point at all! lol. The 'clay' men, I purposefully sculpt as minimalist as possible, and they are each for the viewer to interpret as their own. One thing that is confusing me though is the whole vomiting thing? then why is he holding a stone axe in his hand? So long as it's Stella you've not been drinking beforehand!  _))*

craigollerton

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2013, 07:18:00 am »
And here's Fester wishing he didn't drink so much the night before!

Entitled: Make a Wish
Copyright (C) by Craig Ollerton.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2013, 09:58:15 am »
Its like looking in a mirror!
Fester...

craigollerton

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2013, 10:15:14 am »

Reflect on that thought a moment...

Entitled: Reflection
By Craig Ollerton

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2013, 11:19:01 pm »
you,v not got one wielding a club (golf club that is) Craig ?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2013, 12:57:06 am »

Reflect on that thought a moment...

Entitled: Reflection
By Craig Ollerton

Its uncanny, my house looked just like that, for almost 12 months when I was having my extension built by cowboys!
Fester...

craigollerton

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2013, 04:17:29 am »
you,v not got one wielding a club (golf club that is) Craig ?

Hi Snowcap,

I take some very unusual commissions from time to time, some serious... some less serious. Take this one pictured below for example.

Entitled: Treasure Island
Copyright (C) by Craig Ollerton.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2013, 02:21:49 am »

Like Tony Hart's "Morph?"

Offline Trojan

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2013, 02:25:18 am »

It does look good, reminds me of a North Wales slate quarry with those pieces of slate nearby.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2013, 03:00:10 am »
A nose isn't really essential to depict expression however.

This sad, lonely character illustrates an addict sitting on the waste ground alongside Llandudno railway station.

The cold, biting westerly winds are gusting down Builder St and "Bob" wishes he had purchased some clothing from the charity shop in Madoc St, rather than a six pack of cheap bitter from Asda.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2013, 02:35:51 pm »
Judging by the state of the pavement, he looks like is sitting on the corner of Mostyn St and St Georges Place.
Fester...