Author Topic: Art & Crafts  (Read 77112 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Art
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2013, 02:45:00 pm »
What is that hanging over his (or her) left thigh?   ?{}?

Well, someone had to ask!   ;D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2013, 04:49:49 pm »
A nose isn't really essential to depict expression however.

This sad, lonely character illustrates an addict sitting on the waste ground alongside Llandudno railway station.

The cold, biting westerly winds are gusting down Builder St and "Bob" wishes he had purchased some clothing from the charity shop in Madoc St, rather than a six pack of cheap bitter from Asda.

If I had a head shape liked that I'd drink as well

Offline Tosh

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2013, 04:57:36 pm »
But where would you drink it through?    Z**

The right hand is resting on the left thigh.  :o

The back bone's connected to the thigh bone etc.  :laugh:

Offline Tosh

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2013, 05:00:40 pm »
Sorry, I should have said that I really like them.
One has to use one's imagination doesn't one?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2013, 08:08:23 am »
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2013, 08:40:09 am »
Excellent! He's done a lot of that sort of thing.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

craigollerton

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2013, 08:40:49 am »
That hut must have taken some doing, looks good.

It does look good, reminds me of a North Wales slate quarry with those pieces of slate nearby.

Thanks Trojan,

You are right, the slate pieces were collected from a slag heap outside Llangollen. The roof slates and wall stones were spliced by hand with a small chisel afterward, each no larger than a postage stamp.

craigollerton

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2013, 09:11:16 am »
This is one of my earlier pieces which I particularly love. A primitive piece of man providing, perhaps for himself or his family. His catch is left to hang above the smoke of smouldering cinders beneath.

Entitled: Providing
Copyright (C) Craig Ollerton

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2013, 10:03:13 am »
I like them all!  They are very novel and as far as I can tell, an original concept.  Keep 'em coming.
Quick question, Craig, how tall is the figure?  I am presuming he is a standard size for all the sculptures.
 ££$
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2013, 10:09:48 am »
That hut must have taken some doing, looks good.

It does look good, reminds me of a North Wales slate quarry with those pieces of slate nearby.

Thanks Trojan,

You are right, the slate pieces were collected from a slag heap outside Llangollen. The roof slates and wall stones were spliced by hand with a small chisel afterward, each no larger than a postage stamp.

On the subject of model buildings, these model buildings for garden railways are amazing!

http://www.treddoldesigns.co.uk/treddoldesigns/Gallery/Entries/2013/4/10_Treddol_Designs_Photo_Gallery.html
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2013, 11:20:39 am »

On the subject of model buildings, these model buildings for garden railways are amazing!

http://www.treddoldesigns.co.uk/treddoldesigns/Gallery/Entries/2013/4/10_Treddol_Designs_Photo_Gallery.html

Yes, they are ME.
I collect these miniature cottages which were made by the Devonmoor Pottery. They measure about 3cms x 4cms each and have lots of detail on them.
I am reminded of my student days with all this talk of model buildings. I studied woven and knitted textile design and one of my projects was based on black and white timbered buildings. I kept this cottage I made, now 39 years ago, o'h no!
I wove the fabiric first and then added the knitted bits later. Takes me back!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 11:32:57 am by Ian »

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2013, 12:55:52 pm »
When I were a Lad, during last years of't War, in the dark neets when we couldn't go out to play, my Mum helped keep us kids occupied.  Mum was a seamstress and an all round homemaker, as most were all those years ago.  She taught my Sister and me to use a sewing machine, knit, crochet, darn and embroider.   We also made rag rugs from scrap material.   I enjoyed the experience and the skills have helped me out on many occasions.   I have my own Jones sewing machine even now, although it is only rarely used to shorten legs on trousers or other small jobs.

As a final note, I have, in the past, even made a dress for the (1st) wife!    :D
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2013, 01:48:22 pm »
Art ? Craft ? I'm not sure which, but these are what I am doing at the moment. They are to decorate plain jute shopping bags which we sell in the Charity Shop. A good way to use up scraps of wool and I can usually manage to do at least 3 per hour if I get cracking !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2013, 02:16:58 pm »
What a great idea, and really pretty, is there a pattern available online? &well&

Offline hollins

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2013, 02:32:01 pm »
Yes, they are pretty. Let me know if you need any scraps of wool Nemesis as I have loads of leftovers.
I would also be happy to make some for you if you can post the pattern.