Author Topic: Art & Crafts  (Read 77166 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Art & Crafts
« Reply #300 on: September 14, 2018, 05:16:57 pm »
 There are bargains to be had but the rate of exchange isn't helping. The prices in the factory shop are much cheaper. An example, Lang Puno is £54 a cake in the UK but in the factory shop it was 30 CHF which is about £25.
I bought cotton cashmere for about £1.60 a 50g ball and £2.45 for baby alpaca in Jakob- Markt but these were sale items.
The pink angora was 1 CHF a ball but they told me it was faulty. I thought it worth the risk!
First photo is the cotton cashmere which I started over there and the second photo is my Lang haul!

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #301 on: September 14, 2018, 05:29:53 pm »
What bargains and I love the colours, especially the purples  :)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #302 on: September 14, 2018, 05:36:54 pm »
Back from yarn buying in Switzerland. First two pics are the Lang factory shop near Reiden and the other one is a branch of Jakob-Markt

Nice one H., your camera has its own crocheted lens cover, trend setting again.  8)

Offline SteveH

« Reply #303 on: October 03, 2019, 10:22:31 am »
A bit of street art for the crafter's

Offline SteveH

Re: Art & Crafts.........Colwyn Bay
« Reply #304 on: March 06, 2024, 09:36:54 am »
A GALLERY in Colwyn Bay will reopen at the BayView Shopping Centre this week after leaving its previous site due to a ?lack of footfall? and ?no traffic?.

Bay Gallery closed its 21 Station Road site on March 1, and decided to relocate to the town?s shopping centre due to what it described as a ?lack of footfall, no markets and no traffic? on the high street.

The charity gallery originally opened in 2011, and moved to the Station Road site in 2016, where its gallery and workshops continued to grow.

The Bay Gallery is a community art and craft gallery run as a small charity by local volunteers, which offers local artists the opportunity to exhibit and sell their work. It also runs weekly art classes and workshops.

?We thank our 128 members, artists and crafters, and our lovely volunteers who keep this community gallery vibrant.

?The new gallery will be open Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to take in arts and crafts.?

The new Bay Gallery will open at 6pm on March 8, with food and drinks available.                     pioneer