Author Topic: Art & Crafts  (Read 77136 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Art & Crafts
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2013, 12:35:16 pm »
 $donald$ $donald$ $donald$

This could get amusing !!!!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2013, 12:39:36 am »
Somewhere I will have a pattern for a W.W.W., but we shall need a few models _))* _))* _))* _))* :twoface:
Try Fester, you won't need much wool for his.  :laugh:

Ah, but Dave, it's quite scary when it 'lights up' mate!   :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2013, 06:38:10 am »

Ah, but Dave, it's quite scary when it 'lights up' mate!   :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe you could become part of the Xmas Lighting Display!  Wrex would be "cock a hoop"!    :o
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2013, 05:38:37 pm »
Sorry for the delay Hollins-- our deputy manageress has now returned. We are going to take a pic of the jute bags decorated with our flowers, when I get chance to pop in with the camera.

The baskets--- I took the one you kindly sent into the shop and the DM fiddled about, turned it inside out and upside down and turned it inot a cap for a premature baby ! :o. In the past we have had these knitted for us and they have sold out really fast, so if you are stuck for something to knit ????? We have a batch of pink baby wool in the shop which you are welcome to. If you call, ask for Angela--- she'd love to meet you. She is there every day for this fortnight , except for Sunday, as the manageress is on holiday.

Thanks again for your efforts

Offline hollins

« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2013, 05:47:30 pm »
Hi Nemesis,
I was in today and dropped off loads of things mum and I had made. Flowers, baskets and bags so I hope they manage to sell them and they don't take up your shelf space for too long.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2013, 08:10:20 pm »
Hi Hollins.
Thankyou so much, hand made things always seem to go rapidly and one of our ladies who made lovely bags and little knitted bits and bobs has just moved away to Dorset, so your and your Mum's donations will be gratefully received.

I was in Bangor today and the HH shop there didn't seem to have anything hand made---- in fact Bangor itself was somewhat of a let down, hardly any shops left.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2013, 01:22:40 pm »
Called this morning to take this pic for you and was shown all the other lovely things-- Thankyou again.

The cot toys , like woven spheres, fascinated me-- did you have a pattern or are they your own invention?

Offline hollins

« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2013, 06:27:35 pm »
Thanks for posting the photo Nemesis. The bags look great.
It is my mum that is the star turn because she made the knitted spheres. I don't know if you noticed but she had filled them with lavender.
She made them from a pattern. I will ask her for it and send it to you.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2013, 06:49:43 pm »
Thanks Hollins. I have found a pattern on the net and am having a go, so I will let you know how I go on. I hadn't realised about the lavender, but I only flew into the office to take the pic, I had left my OH on a seat with the dog as his paws were wet ( the dogs, not my OH's) and he loves his 'Aunties' in the shop so much I thought he was better outside !!
Are the spheres meant for pomanders, or for babies? I found this How to Make a Braided Ball You Tube. Think it makes the situation look difficult ! Help  :o
Angela says please would you make yourself known, then she can thank you herself.

Offline hollins

« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2013, 07:01:03 pm »
I think she made them originally for pomanders but then thought they would be good for cots like you.
She says it is 8 knitted strips 15 sts and 50 rows.
Then she says you plait it together  and it is tricky at first!!!! You are not kidding.
I think the video you have posted the link to will help there.

Offline hollins

« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2013, 07:41:10 pm »
Here is a link to the free Ravelry pattern but I think you might already have seen it on the youtube one.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gevlochten-bal---braided-ball

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2013, 08:51:42 am »
Thanks for that Hollins I am having a go, but knowing me it will take me ages to califudge about with it !
Glad you mentioned the lavender, as we had thought that they woul be lovely for babies, but have now got visions of everyones child covered in bits. ;D Thus we shall label them accordingly !

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2013, 08:07:51 pm »
Hollins,

Now you can have a laugh! I knitted these for something to do in the evenings whilst we were away. They are supposed to hold Creme Eggs, but I couldn't find any, so I have put Kinder Eggs inside them which are slightly too large.

I have a chicken, a rabbit and a mouse in the pipeline and I am wondering if I can make an owl !!

Offline hollins

« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2013, 08:16:11 pm »
The eggs aren't sewn in are they? :o
I noticed some nice knitted owls in the window of the Wool Corner yesterday if you need some inspiration.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2013, 08:36:57 pm »
No the "cosies" are slipped over the eggs. They could actually be used as egg cosies if such things are still used  :o :roll:.
Will look in the Wool Corner thanks.