Author Topic: Seaching for relatives of Ellen Charlton  (Read 2625 times)

Offline smith

Seaching for relatives of Ellen Charlton
« on: April 22, 2011, 11:14:10 pm »
 I am trying to find information on Ellen Charlton d. 1966.  Her husband was named John H Charlton.  They lived at 11 Clarence Gardens, Llandudno.  I know that Ellen's husband lived there in 1953 according to the voters list (I think that is what it was called).  It has been astounding to me that I cannot trace very much about this couple, as when Ellen Charlton died she willed my Mother and her siblings and a few people last name Jones, whom I have never heard of prior to reading a copy of Ellen's will that was shoved in some of my Mother's places for keeping things, not to see the light of day until my sister found it in something she was going through recently.  It would be lovely to know who Ellen Charlton and her husband were, and if they had any children.  I cannot find anything on her or her husband, but I do have to admit, I am a complete amature at family research.  I would appreciate any information that can be shared.

Lynne Smith, Canada

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
Re: Seaching for relatives of Ellen Charlton
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 12:30:20 am »
Hi, welcome to the forum, J Charlton lived at Wardour, 11 Clarence Gardens in 1929, so he was there for many years. Sadly no occupation listed.  Your best bet would be to track down a marriage certificate. Maybe Ellen's maiden name was Jones? I will have a go at searching on the BMD sites etc.

Offline smith

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 07:21:18 pm »
Thank you for your reply !  I have not been able to pull up very much at all on Ellen Charlton, or her husband John H Charltonl.  The copy of the will includes Paul Henry Charlton, but I do not know if he was a son. or what his relationship would have been.  He did recieve about the same amount as a Charlotte Davies (she got 1/4).  and then there is 1/20 each to my family (from the Brewer side)  Paul Henry Charlton is not listed in the account summary, but is shown in the estate account section.  Aside from the Brewer side of this family, and the two above names, there are Elsie Roberts, Joseph Bonsell Jones, Walter Jones, Trevor Jones, Daved Edward Jones.  The Brewer side received about 95 pounds each more than the others mentioned after Charlotte Davies.

I tell you all this so as to perhaps display the importance or hierarchy of the family, and I really hope this will assist in gaining information as to who my family are or is. I think it is great to now know that John H Charlton was living at 11 Clarence Gardens in 1929 and as far as 1953 - as you say, a long time.  It should be easy tracking the family down, but it isn't.  Please know that I really appreciate your assistance, every piece counts !

Lynne Smith, Canada

Offline smith

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 07:31:08 pm »
I am sorry, I forgot to include in my last post that my Grandfather, Stanley Brewer 1876 - 1945 is the son of Martha Hanna Peat, and George Brewer.  They both passed in early life (30's), Robert Peat, Martha's brother adminstered both estates, each having 30 pounds.  He claimed Stanley as the only child and heir, and that he was guardian.  Grandfather Stanley was living with another couple located in Atherton, and was a boarder and worked in a coal mine.
It is possible that Ellen Charlton, who was a sister to Martha is the connection, and that at some time had custody

Lynne Smth

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 08:36:07 pm »
hello Lynne, I have found a possible marriage for Ellen and John but not in the name of Peat, the connection being Bonsell. I have sent you a PM

Offline smith

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 06:40:45 pm »
Oh my goodness, I started a reply to you, lost it, recovered part of it, piecemealed it, then I could not find the reply key.  I think most of my problem is to learn to wait for things, this is not the internet  :) .   Thank you for your interest in finding Ellen and her family.  The Ellen you found would be a generation too soon, but I will bet she is part of this family, so thank you! because it does look like he might be John H's Father.  I would love it for you to check any sources you might have.  I have LDS, WorldVitalRecords and Family Search.  I am sorry not to have sent this by private mail, 'cause I have not figured out how to do that yet, but will soon.  Thank you again for your support.

Lynne Smith, Canada