Author Topic: Health  (Read 14940 times)

Blongb

• Ad Free Member
  • I love living in Llandudno
Re: Health
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2020, 02:24:20 PM »
Let them Hugo, I've got my stock in already, so I should be OK until this crisis passes _))++
-- Now I can only sit and stare--

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2020, 02:59:15 PM »
Cheers Blongb,   Iechyd Da         $drink$

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2020, 11:05:28 AM »
I am not sure if the government are playing it down, but there is more and more mention of the Coronavirus, I have been concerned since it first appeared, as I am in the high risk group, various stories today increase my concern, are we doing enough to educate the public ? , I had an appointment this morning at 11am, with someone who returned from North Africa on Monday, which was cancelled, earlier due to sickness, guess who's getting paranoid now ?

Coronavirus: Hundreds of flu patients to be tested by UK hospitals and GPs
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Experts warned there was "little in the tank" to cope with the coronavirus.
There is mounting concern that the spread of the virus will lead to a pandemic with mass outbreaks in the UK.

Or just go to the BBC Health page  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Boots rations hand gels as people panic buy sanitisers over coronavirus fears

Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2020, 11:11:40 AM »
Well, Covid 19 is very infectious, with a long incubation period prior to the patient becoming symptomatic, which is why it's spreading so easily.  However, looking at death rates they're significantly lower at the moment than the annual 'flu round.

It tends to kill through Pneumonia, and the thing about Pneumonia is that lying in bed tends to be the worst thing you can do. Sitting up with hot drinks and a whisky toddy tends to be the best course of action.  And the GP will give you a pneumonia jab if you ask.  Free for the over 65s. 
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2020, 11:16:26 AM »

It tends to kill through Pneumonia, and the thing about Pneumonia is that lying in bed tends to be the worst thing you can do. Sitting up with hot drinks and a whisky toddy tends to be the best course of action

I'll drink to that      $drink$         

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2020, 11:32:30 AM »
Well, Covid 19 is very infectious, with a long incubation period prior to the patient becoming symptomatic, which is why it's spreading so easily.  However, looking at death rates they're significantly lower at the moment than the annual 'flu round.

It tends to kill through Pneumonia, and the thing about Pneumonia is that lying in bed tends to be the worst thing you can do. Sitting up with hot drinks and a whisky toddy tends to be the best course of action.  And the GP will give you a pneumonia jab if you ask.  Free for the over 65s.

I am still going to take precautions.........