Author Topic: Hotel News & Gossip  (Read 304071 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Hotel News & Gossip
« Reply #765 on: October 10, 2020, 09:52:40 am »
Premier Inn have given an update on their new hotel under development in Llandudno.

The hotel giant is coming to the former site of the Tudno Castle, which was demolished due to its poor condition.

The £10 million scheme includes Premier Inn alongside retail and restaurant units.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-premier-inn-update-new-19077920

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #766 on: October 10, 2020, 12:25:22 pm »
Premier Inn have given an update on their new hotel under development in Llandudno.

The hotel giant is coming to the former site of the Tudno Castle, which was demolished due to its poor condition.

It is so refreshing to see a new Llandudno redevelopment that is totally in keeping with the Resort, which will seamlessly blend in and will not be a blot on the landscape. It goes to show that the Planning Department can get things right, if the right sort of development is approved in the right location and not just approved because of the attitude that anything is better than nothing approach.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Dave

« Reply #767 on: October 10, 2020, 12:36:33 pm »
Precisely my thoughts when I saw it fr the first time of venturing in to town in weeks!
All that unneeded expense in trying to maintain the old facia. Shows what can be done if the right companies are involved.

Which brings back the old chestnut, why can't hotels on the seafront install upvc windows instead of fighting an ongoing battle against the elements using wood and paint?  It might have been appropriate to not allow them when plastics first came about but nowadays you can't tell the difference unless you are really close. Provided the windows are kept to the original style I see no reason to not allow them anymore.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #768 on: October 10, 2020, 01:16:59 pm »
Blongb I've heard the are going to reopen the beachcomber and the dive aswell, oh yes 😅

Offline Blongb

« Reply #769 on: October 10, 2020, 10:55:42 pm »
Blongb I've heard the are going to reopen the beachcomber and the dive aswell, oh yes 😅
Happy days.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #770 on: October 17, 2020, 09:54:41 am »
Frustrated 'rant' from pub and hotel boss who has done everything to be Covid safe
Sam Quigley posted about his anger that hospitality has been targeted in coronavirus crisis.
Owner of the New Alexandra in Llandudno, listed everything he has done to help keep customers and staff safe in the pandemic........

cont  https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/frustrated-rant-pub-hotel-boss-19117829

Offline SteveH

« Reply #771 on: November 01, 2020, 09:58:08 am »
Why Llandudno hotel sales have not completed - and it's not the Covid pandemic
Three former Gavin Woodhouse hotels were placed on the market after they went into administration.

"The problem lies in the model used by the Northern Powerhouse Development group to purchase and invest in the hotels.
They sold individual rooms to investors - promising a return in future years as the rooms are occupied by guests.
But the model proved unsustainable - causing the administration and a probe into the business that is still ongoing."

cont  https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-hotel-sales-not-completed-19196710

Offline Blongb

« Reply #772 on: November 01, 2020, 01:06:22 pm »
Why Llandudno hotel sales have not completed - and it's not the Covid pandemic
Three former Gavin Woodhouse hotels were placed on the market after they went into administration.

"The problem lies in the model used by the Northern Powerhouse Development group to purchase and invest in the hotels.
They sold individual rooms to investors - promising a return in future years as the rooms are occupied by guests.
But the model proved unsustainable - causing the administration and a probe into the business that is still ongoing."

cont  https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-hotel-sales-not-completed-19196710

More fool the idiots who invested in Northern Powerhouse in the first place. Anyone with an iota of sense could see it was a scheme that could never work. Follow Gavin Woodhouse money trail and see what can be recovered. Never trust the get rich quick property developers,they are just to good at lining their pockets with stupid investors money.   $hands$

Offline SteveH

« Reply #773 on: November 01, 2020, 01:40:45 pm »
Completely agree,  I said at the time, it was a glorified time share scheme, and would end in tears, shame.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #774 on: November 07, 2020, 09:58:24 am »
Stunning CGI images of a £12m ‘Gateway to Snowdonia' hotel development have been released.

Royal Oak Hotel (Betws y Coed) wants to redevelop the Waterloo Hotel and the adjacent former petrol filling station and Little Chef site on the A5.
Cadnant Planning has been commissioned to undertake a pre-application consultation to get feedback from the community.

The redevelopment is subject to a masterplan and the initial planning application relates to the first four phases of development. 

cont  https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/alps-inspired-hotel-proposed-gateway-19236885

Offline SteveH

« Reply #775 on: November 11, 2020, 02:19:41 pm »
First look inside new Hilton hotel as surf lagoon boss says 2021 bookings already pouring in
The new hotel at Adventure Parc Snowdonia in the Conwy Valley will open in March

Practical completion for the £11 million Hilton Garden Inn Snowdonia and Wave Garden Spa is on track for January 2021.

After an incredibly challenging year there are huge hopes that pent up demand could mean next year is a bumper one for tourism - although concerns remain that many operators will not make it through the winter.

Interesting article and video....   https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/first-look-inside-new-hilton-19260729

Offline SteveH

« Reply #776 on: November 14, 2020, 10:04:36 am »
Plas Glynllifon and Seiont Manor hotel 'sold' signs go up
The mansion and well known Gwynedd hotel went into receivership at the start of the year

Paul and Rowena Williams bought Seiont Manor hotel, in Llanrug, and Plas Glynllifon, near Caernarfon, in 2016.

The multi-million pound redevelopment of the Glynllifon mansion, which was built in the 1830s for Lord Newborough, later stalled.

cont  https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/plas-glynllifon-seiont-manor-hotel-19278310

Offline SteveH

« Reply #777 on: November 21, 2020, 10:09:38 am »
Conwy hotel helped by Gogglebox couple Steph and Dom has gone up for sale
Plas Maenan in the Conwy Valley featured on The Great Hotel Escape and has gone on the market after a major investment

Now though she has placed the hotel in Maenan, near Llanrwst, on the market with Christie and Co for £2m.

The 64-year-old said the decision to sell was due to wanting to retire.

The hotel remains open and continues to trade as normal with all bookings honoured.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/conwy-hotel-helped-gogglebox-couple-19315794

Offline temperancellandudno

« Reply #778 on: December 12, 2020, 09:53:37 pm »
Hello everyone

Well, I've been to Llandudno today - not at all busy, although it would be a quiet time of year anyway.

I was puzzled to notice that the Imperial Hotel is closed at the moment, but with Christmas trees outside. Checking their website, they were advertising Christmas breaks for ££££, yet state that they are closed until 2021. A friend with local connections told me that the hotel owners were in administration. Does anyone know?

Good to see Llandudno nicely lit up, btw - just hope it can revive after the pandemic is history.

All the best

TL   

Offline SteveH

« Reply #779 on: December 16, 2020, 02:27:45 pm »
Llandudno hotel cancels Christmas for first time in near 170 year history
St George’s Hotel said they had been forced to make the decision as restrictions become 'more and more strict'

"It is with great sadness that I must announce that from Sunday 20 December, St George’s will be closed until the New Year.

"I wish I was able to give you a definite date of when we will be opening our doors once again, but we are waiting to hear about future lockdowns in both Wales and the rest of the UK.

cont   https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-hotel-cancels-christmas-first-19467934