Author Topic: Hotel News & Gossip  (Read 304144 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Hotel News & Gossip
« Reply #660 on: February 08, 2019, 09:20:14 am »
Good to see solid progress on the new Premier Inn site:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #661 on: February 26, 2019, 06:42:40 am »
i was told yesterday that LC have got the Royal hotel,i heard this months ago but again yesterday,watch this space i suppose.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #662 on: February 26, 2019, 11:26:17 am »
Re the Royal. The last 2 days have seen much activity in the grounds, mainly tree felling and lopping, starting at 7am, so they certainly mean business.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #663 on: March 04, 2019, 04:09:49 pm »
i was told yesterday that LC have got the Royal hotel,i heard this months ago but again yesterday,watch this space i suppose.
It's owned by a subsidiary of Mostyn Estates:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09560226

Offline Hugo

« Reply #664 on: March 04, 2019, 04:40:48 pm »
Thanks Dave for posting the link and it was interesting to note that it said that there was only one officer of this private limited company and that was Mr Edward Hiller,   I always believed that you needed two officers at least to form a company but perhaps I'm wrong on that.

It was interesting to read the PDF'S attached and noticed two paragraphs that sounded strange but there may be a reason for them:-

"The director of the company has elected not to include a copy of the profit and loss account within the financial statement"
Also
"The members have not required the company to obtain an audit of its financial statement for the year in question in accordance with Section 470"

I wonder who the members are because the statement said that there was only one director of this private company?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #665 on: March 12, 2019, 10:28:15 am »
You only need one person now to set up a Limited Company. The text in the pdfs are just generic accounting speak.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #666 on: March 30, 2019, 12:48:35 pm »

The White Heather in St Georges Place has been sold to a local consortium, who already own other Hotels in Llandudno.

Dr Shoukry ROZEK of the Four Saints Hotel Group has added The White Heather to his Brig y Don and the Headlands portfolio.  $drink$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #667 on: April 27, 2019, 02:17:27 pm »
Not that this will come as a surprise to many but the Britannia Hotel group has been rated as 'abysmal' for overall cleanliness, quality of bedrooms and quality of bathrooms, scoring just one star out of five in each category in a survey by Which?.  Dissatisfied guests complained about chewing gum stuck to the wall, dirty cups and ‘something brown splashed up the wall’. Another simply dubbed the property she stayed in a ‘filthy hovel.’

It was so poor Which? did an undercover film of the Britannia’s Royal Albion hotel in Brighton.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #668 on: May 22, 2019, 04:00:09 pm »
A LLANDUDNO hotel’s new sign has sparked a strong reaction among residents.

Facebook users have taken to the group: You Know You Are From Llandudno to air their views. Most of the more than 170 comments objected to the new sign.
https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/17656859.new-sign-for-llandudno-hotel-raises-objections/

Offline SteveH

« Reply #669 on: May 23, 2019, 10:32:28 am »
The council have asked for the above sign to be removed.     ref Pioneer

Offline Dave

« Reply #670 on: May 23, 2019, 11:11:17 am »
Quite right too although when you compare the size of the letters they are no bigger than the nearby St George's. I guess it's the red letters and bold, boring font that make it worse.
I was taking some visitors along the prom yesterday and pointing out how nicely maintained our seafront hotels are thanks to Mostyn Estates when I saw the sign for the first time. It made my previous statement look slightly stupid!

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #671 on: May 23, 2019, 01:14:08 pm »
Some of the trip advisor customer photos inside the rooms are pretty dire. OYO brands itself as 'India's largest Hotel Network' and claims to "offer rooms at prices that no other player in the budget segment offers today."  They've grown rapidly. too, from 13 hotels in 2014 to 8500 world wide today.

If OYO want to make a mark then they have to lift the hotel's TA average of 3 stars for cleanliness. Not easy, running a sea front hotel anywhere, but that's the game.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #672 on: May 23, 2019, 03:30:03 pm »
Interesting figures, I had a look at OYO, one site was quite informative, at first I thought they were selling a franchise, but the money raised $450 million says not, the cynical side of me is saying beware.   https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-hotels-oyo/indias-largest-hotel-chain-oyo-to-expand-into-britain-idUKKCN1LZ1FX

Offline SteveH

« Reply #673 on: June 06, 2019, 09:24:19 am »
The council have asked for the above sign to be removed.     ref Pioneer

"A sign on the front of a Llandudno hotel sign has been removed following publicity in the Pioneer and a storm of protest on social media.   (see above)
The owners of the OYO White House hotel on the promenade, were asked to remove the sign on the front of the building by Conwy council.

A spokesperson for the authority said: “The building is Listed and within the Conservation Area, and any work to the Hotel would require Listed Building and Planning consent from the council.  ref P[oneer

Offline SteveH

« Reply #674 on: June 28, 2019, 01:24:46 pm »
Under-fire entrepreneur says why value of his North Wales hotels surged by up to 400% in a year
Gavin Woodhouse, who owns four North Wales hotels, has come under scrutiny this week in a joint investigation by ITV News and The Guardian.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/under-fire-entrepreneur-says-value-16494447