Author Topic: Hotel News & Gossip  (Read 304074 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Hotel News & Gossip
« Reply #630 on: July 31, 2018, 08:20:31 pm »
The Minydon?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #631 on: July 31, 2018, 08:43:23 pm »
There is good news about new ownership of the Grand Ash.
I’ve been requested not to say who at the moment,  but you’ll be happy, as it’s a current hotelier of good repute.  (Not LC though)

I passed today, a serious amount of work going on inside and out, good to see, (I wonder if the colour scheme gives a hint.)

Serious amount of fixtures and fittings gone into the skip over the last week--------------pottery, kettles and such.
Only last week the skip was overflowing with bricks, stone and breeze-blocks. Goodness knows where it is all coming from !!!
We pass every night with the dog and it never seems to be getting on at all...wouldn't want the bills !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #632 on: August 22, 2018, 06:44:44 am »
What is the score with the Royal hotel,can;t find it for sale on any web sites.It is the most perfect wedding location it has a pub can;t believe no interest.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #633 on: August 22, 2018, 09:41:44 am »
Contact Cllr Louise Emery. She told us that it was going to be turned into a training facility for the hospitality trade. This is a while since so things might have changed.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #634 on: August 23, 2018, 01:14:23 am »
The LC people were lining up to buy it, but they gave up on it.
I now hear that the LC group are to buy The Gresham bar.
It’s been terrible for a few years now, so hopefully they’ll weave their magic and it will be worth going in there again.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #635 on: September 04, 2018, 04:59:27 pm »
I notice there is no hurry to start the re-build of the Tudno Castle,i suppose they need more time to work it out,will not be suprised to see it empty for a while.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #636 on: September 04, 2018, 10:12:26 pm »
I drove past the site today for the first time in a long while and it looks much better now that  the whole thing has come down.    They have got the application they applied for so there shouldn't be any delay in building the new property .....  unless of course they are already consideration an amendment to the application?

I went past their other property the old Llandudno Youth Club and they seem to be demolishing it tile by tile and that could end up as an eyesore for some time to come

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #637 on: September 06, 2018, 09:07:21 am »
I notice there is no hurry to start the re-build of the Tudno Castle,i suppose they need more time to work it out,will not be suprised to see it empty for a while.
Starting in October, i think?

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #638 on: September 18, 2018, 04:45:02 pm »
Starting in October, i think?

Quote from the Pioneer.

"Now the Tudno Castle Hotel is no longer and work to rebuild a new one will begin at the end of the month.

Developer Opus North's James Farnaby said: "We are very pleased that the demolition of the former building has been completed. Construction will start on the new building at the end of the month."

Developers are also currently in talks to find a new restaurant to replace Prezzo, which was lined up as one of the eateries for the new Tudno Castle Hotel.

Mr Farnaby added: "We are in discussions with a number of different restaurant operators and expect to have good news for Llandudno residents soon.”

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #639 on: November 02, 2018, 04:16:32 pm »
Min y Don will reopen today under new ownership. I'm not sure if Miriam has sold all of the building to the new owners. as she had previously said she wished to keep the dutch style part next to Bay Court for herself.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #640 on: November 02, 2018, 10:34:17 pm »
I saw in the NWWN that another hotel on the North Parade has come on the market again

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #641 on: November 02, 2018, 11:41:12 pm »
I saw in the NWWN that another hotel on the North Parade has come on the market again
The only one that isn't available Hugo is mine.  :)
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #642 on: November 03, 2018, 09:31:47 am »
That says a lot then Blongb!    The one I was thinking about is an 11 bed one going for about £565.00  probably the same price as some apartments in the proposed Pier Pavilion site.

On a completely different thread have you seen the recent Journal of the  Deganwy History Group?     I know you are interested in the history of Llywelyn and there is a fascinating 3 page bit titled " The Lost Children"  and it revealed a lot of information that I'd never heard of before.   The whole booklet is a really good read

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #643 on: November 03, 2018, 09:46:41 pm »
I know which you mean Hugo, it doesn't seem long since the last owners sold up. Same thing with another one further up towards the Orme.

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #644 on: November 04, 2018, 10:13:44 am »
I was under the impression that 2018 was a good year for hotel bookings. I take it that wasn't the case with so many on the market?