Author Topic: Hotel News & Gossip  (Read 303768 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Hotel News & Gossip
« Reply #615 on: March 27, 2018, 06:23:54 pm »
Just take a minute to scan Right Move and see how many places in the hospitality trade are listed, especially in places like Chapel Street...................under the shadow of Travelodge ! :(
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #616 on: March 27, 2018, 06:46:36 pm »
Nope; checked the figures for the past 10 years and it's no worse than usual. More very big names is the only difference, and that can't be associated directly with Llandudno.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #617 on: March 28, 2018, 10:21:00 am »
Nope; checked the figures for the past 10 years and it's no worse than usual. More very big names is the only difference, and that can't be associated directly with Llandudno.

Oh, well that’s all right then. 
The figures for what?   :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #618 on: March 28, 2018, 10:52:24 am »
Businesses going to the wall in the UK. I thought it was higher than usual, but it seems not.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #619 on: March 28, 2018, 10:55:45 am »
I haven't checked any figures but I have opened my eyes. The Victorian centre is so quiet it has apparently become haunted.
Go to any pub in town at a time that isn't Saturday night and you'll feel rather lonely, I thought there was twice as many people in the Keys on Monday but then realised i had glanced at a mirror  ££$

Do you remember the good old days before the ghost town?
We danced and sang, and the music played in a de boomtown

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #620 on: March 28, 2018, 10:59:46 am »
Back to hotel business....
My friend is a manager at one of the promenade hotels, and last weekend she welcomed a Charedi chap who had booked a double room.
Trouble is, he turned up with another 9 people, and said he expected the Hotel to provide mats for the others to sleep on.   :laugh:

‘Here’s your deposit back Sir.... good day’

Fester...

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #621 on: March 28, 2018, 11:10:48 am »
I haven't checked any figures but I have opened my eyes. The Victorian centre is so quiet it has apparently become haunted.
Go to any pub in town at a time that isn't Saturday night and you'll feel rather lonely, I thought there was twice as many people in the Keys on Monday but then realised i had glanced at a mirror  ££$

Do you remember the good old days before the ghost town?
We danced and sang, and the music played in a de boomtown

Read this yesterday.                 ( Lots of figures)  :(

Across the UK, people are spending more money on gin and craft beer, and there are more breweries open today than there were in the 1930s.
But 18 pubs across the country closed every week in the second half of 2017, according to The Campaign for Real Ale (Camra).
So how are UK drinking habits changing? What are the UK's favourite drinks and how often are adults drinking?

The decline has been blamed on a number of reasons - high taxes on pints, the smoking ban, the price of food and drink going up, and the 2008 recession meaning that consumers had less to spend in their local.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43492043

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #622 on: March 28, 2018, 11:14:06 am »
I’ve just checked some other figures Steve, .... and I’ve just enough for a pint, so I’m going out.
Fester...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #623 on: March 28, 2018, 11:26:00 am »
My friend is a manager at one of the promenade hotels, and last weekend she welcomed a Charedi chap who had booked a double room.
Trouble is, he turned up with another 9 people, and said he expected the Hotel to provide mats for the others to sleep on.   :laugh:

Who let Jeremy Corbyn on the forum?  :rage:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #624 on: March 29, 2018, 08:28:17 am »

Who let Jeremy Corbyn on the forum?  :rage:
It's amusing to hear Corbyn speak on things like anti-semitism and brexit. He just can't bring himself to condemn either with any enthusiasm.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #625 on: March 29, 2018, 09:25:51 am »
The worrying thing is the Tories are in such disarray he could become PM by default...

Offline llewelyn

« Reply #626 on: March 29, 2018, 03:04:41 pm »
Don't know who frightens me the most, Corbyn or Putin, at least Putin will kill us quickly  :(

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #627 on: March 29, 2018, 07:23:09 pm »
The worrying thing is the Tories are in such disarray he could become PM by default...

Come on Ian, don't even joke about it.         &shake&          It's just unthinkable what damage he could do to the UK

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #628 on: July 31, 2018, 03:53:00 pm »
There is good news about new ownership of the Grand Ash.
I’ve been requested not to say who at the moment,  but you’ll be happy, as it’s a current hotelier of good repute.  (Not LC though)

I passed today, a serious amount of work going on inside and out, good to see, (I wonder if the colour scheme gives a hint.)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #629 on: July 31, 2018, 05:19:20 pm »
hotel opposite Belmont is under offer,the blue corner one