Author Topic: Mallorca  (Read 11611 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Mallorca
« on: April 07, 2011, 05:07:05 pm »
 :)
Yesterday I left my home in North Wales at 03.30 to catch a flight at 06.25 from Manchester with easyjet.
It cost £41 and I am transported to another world!
I arrived at the hotel in time for breakfast at 11am european time.
I can't compete with Dave R's photos but here are a couple which I hope show what it is like.
Trust the sun is also shining on you all in North Wales.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Mallorca
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 05:28:38 pm »
Looks very nice, keep the photos coming. It's been drizzle here today, so you're definitely in the right place.  ;)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 06:14:28 pm »
You lucky B***** Hollins it looks great,  Is that resort near Peurto Pollensa?

Offline hollins

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 06:26:53 pm »
Well spotted.....you are exactly right. It is Puerto Pollenca!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 11:05:51 pm »
I'm very jealous H.
Enjoy it, and if you can be bothered... keep us informed.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 08:39:43 am »
I had a lovely holiday there and enjoyed the walks along the front on the Pine walk.  Hope that you have a great time there too.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 11:37:48 am »
Totally agree Hollins, we had a 5 day break last year and have just booked another one, fabulous beaches and coastal walks, this was the view from our hotel room, just two hours away and  you're in another world and cheaper than a short break in Britain Enjoy the rest of your stay  :)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 12:16:32 pm »
, just two hours away and  you're in another world and cheaper than a short break in Britain

and that's why Llandudno is a lot quieter since 'the good old days'  :(
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline hollins

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 04:17:58 pm »
 $thanx$   for all your interest. I was a bit worried about this posting in case it seemed like showing off but all I really want to do is give something back to the forum which has provided me with so much useful information recently.
In response to Merddin Emrys, I am an enormous fan of Llandudno and give the town plenty of business. I used to just be a visitor but because I liked it so much I moved to the area about three years ago.
You do make me feel a bit guilty though. At least I hear the sun is shining there too.
I moved location today passing by the marina at Alcudia (first photo) and then travelling to the east coast where I have found a lovely clifftop hotel with great views.
Cheers!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 05:59:57 pm »
, just two hours away and  you're in another world and cheaper than a short break in Britain

and that's why Llandudno is a lot quieter since 'the good old days'  :(

Good plug for Welsh tourism . ???
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 06:17:53 pm »
I honestly don't think it is quieter, myself. You get a sunny day and the Town, Prom, Pier, Great Orme etc are absolutely heaving with people.  $good$

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 06:23:55 pm »
and I  personally spend a lot more time and money in Llandudno the rest of the year, so will not be made to feel guilty about   spending 5 precious days of my annual leave in a different area of Europe

Offline TIFFY

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 06:55:31 pm »
The town was so busy 'In the Good Old Days', that the Council went round the Council Housing Estates, asking if they had a room available to let holiday makers stay, even though it was against the Tenancy Agreements to take in Lodgers. Many Visitors slept in schools / halls etc. My parents let my room and I slept in a Tent in the garden, or in the loft if the weather was too bad. Some visitors came back year after year and became family friends.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 07:04:20 pm »
what I meant was that, it was busier years ago before all the foreign package holidays started, that's a fact for all British seaside towns, no one need feel guilty about going anywhere, it started decades ago!  :)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Yorkie

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 09:59:48 pm »
An hotel mentioned in the forum has quoted £1,080 for a double room including breakfast for 2 weeks in September.  It is what I would call an ordinary hotel/guest house.  By contrast a 2 week holiday in Portugal with flights from Liverpool including car parking, and on a self-catering basis, in good accommodation with pool and all facilites, is available for under £800.   No contest in my book!     >>>