Author Topic: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News  (Read 113289 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News
« Reply #360 on: January 22, 2015, 05:20:05 pm »
Sad thing is,nobody has said if there was any news init today,so i suspect there ain;t.Now this is a new year and it  ,s the same old issues but why do we hear nothing about them in the LOCAL newspaper,Pier pavillion,lets have an update or at least go digging,what about WHY has;nt the Tudno Castle begun,surely one or two of us are interested,what about asking about the xmas lights,the empty shops,our famous BEACH is this not worth a follow up,how about the vanishing cycle path,omg there is plenty that might interest if they bothered to look into it or are they simply running it down and out of circulation,like another story Broadway you don;t appreciate it until its gone.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #361 on: September 19, 2015, 08:34:24 am »
Some things are almost too sad for words...

Daily Post today:

The body of an 85-year-old woman lay undiscovered in her flat for three months - along with her pet dog.  Olwen Parry was found dead in the kitchen of her flat in Llandudno in March with the body of her beloved pet dog next to her.

The dedicated diarist had made her last entry in early January, an inquest heard. Nicola Jones, deputy coroner for North Wales, said: "The landlord said the dog had dragged his bed close to her.

"He was lying next to her and then the dog died as well."

Full story here:

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/body-llandudno-pensioner-discovered-after-10082856
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #362 on: September 20, 2015, 08:04:58 am »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #363 on: September 20, 2015, 08:06:00 am »
THe Surfing championship brought in a lot of interest, it seems:

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/family-kids-news/surf-snowdonia-red-bull-unleashed-10090472

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #364 on: September 20, 2015, 08:09:22 am »
Rather surprised to learn that you have a 3 in 1000000 chance of being killed by your toast:

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/rhyl-woman-killed-piece-toast-10089347

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #365 on: September 20, 2015, 01:58:20 pm »
Yesterday's Daily Post on page 13 included a report about a well-known local criminal who has committed hundreds of crimes and was sent to prison yet again.

The report included a very large colour photograph of the criminal.

Turning over the page onto page 14, there was a report of a 56 year old female called Marilyn who  has been missing for the past two months.

This report did not include a photograph.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #366 on: September 20, 2015, 02:06:07 pm »
Thanks for posting those news items Ian, one that really disturbed me was the young family walking on Crib Y Ddysgyl and the 7 year old boy fell 100 foot.
Thank goodness he survived that fall as many don't, but it's no place to take young children and especially if you are unprepared for the mountains

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/all-about/Llanberis%20Mountain%20Rescue%20Team

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #367 on: September 21, 2015, 09:47:22 am »
it's no place to take young children and especially if you are unprepared for the mountains
Very wise advice, when will people learn?  &shake&

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #368 on: September 21, 2015, 11:02:07 am »
I doubt they ever will. Most seen to regard the Mountains as big hills, and if there's a track of any sort assume it must be safe. Not sure what the answer is, unless it's to insist on compulsory insurance. But how you'd police that I don't know.

Offline hollins

« Reply #369 on: March 05, 2016, 06:53:26 am »
Let me be the first to congratulate one of our members Thomas Davidson who was chosen as Young Journalist of the Year at the Wales Media Awards last night.
Well done Tom!
I never looked at the Daily Post before he came along but his enthusiasm for his subject makes interesting reading,
I only wish you were still reporting on our area instead of Anglesey though but your Twitter links are the first thing I go to if I want to know what horrors await on the A55!

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Daily post and n.w.weekly news
« Reply #370 on: March 26, 2016, 04:10:30 pm »
  A word of advice to any regular readers of the daily post. If it's local news you are after, don't waste your cash on the n w weekly news. Because you will have already read it.
  I am a regular post reader. And I read it fairly fully. So you can imagine my annoyance after buying a copy of the weekly news. To find I had already read all the news items right up to page 32 of the weekly news. O.k. So maybe some very small news items might have been there. I didn't waste my time checking. But every large scale report had already been printed word for word in one of the previous six issues if the post.
  I guess they must be missing Judith Phillips who they persuaded to take an early retirement from full time reporting.

Offline hollins

« Reply #371 on: September 08, 2016, 09:53:31 am »
Has our forum member Tom had a promotion?
I see on his Twitter page,
Breaking News Editor!
Well done Tom if that is the case.

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #372 on: November 01, 2016, 05:50:44 pm »
Should have demotion on this spelling at a guess!

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #373 on: November 01, 2016, 06:19:57 pm »

Daily Post strikes again!

_))* _))* _))* _))*   

....actually, it's a thought.....
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #374 on: November 02, 2016, 08:52:18 am »
Whilst looking for new online about the Pier Pavilion, I was surprised to find this April 2016 article from Wales Online (part of Trinity Mirror, owners of the Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News) containing a photo I had taken of the derelict pavilion site back in 2010.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/llandudnos-pier-pavilion-cost-15m-11222354

As you can see, not only have they used my photo without permission, they have cropped it to remove my identifying watermark! Unbelievable behaviour for a large company..  &shake&