Author Topic: Car Boot Sales  (Read 10493 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Car Boot Sales
« on: March 30, 2011, 08:12:17 am »
A friend of mine has a large collection of unwanted bits and bobs she wants to get rid of at a car boot sale and has asked me where the best ones are locally? Can anyone make a suggestion?  $thanx$

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
Re: Car Boot Sales
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 08:52:53 am »
there's a regular  car boot sale starting at Llandudno Football Club on 10th April, I might try it out at some stage it should attract the numbers. The Hotpoint one used to be good, not sure if it's still going though. The one in Rhyl opposite Sainsbury's is a big one but don't expect to get much for any items! Best one I've been to is at Chirk, and although I've never been, I believe the one at Mona is the best around.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 09:20:02 am »
Thanks, Sue.  :) The Llandudno one sounds like the best option.

Yorkie

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 09:32:57 am »
Ray Herbert has regular Sunday table top sales in Venue Cymru.  No weather problems and it is generally well attended.  I have been there a few times.  PM me if you need his phone number.

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 10:05:27 am »
If she want to sell the stuff, she needs to go to the one at Rhyl.
The others don't have sufficient footfall to make them viable. The tabletop sale is particularly poor due to parking and poor advertising.
Football club one is also poor as it's not advertised well enough and no one goes!
Hotpoint can be good but that does not start for a while.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 10:47:38 am »
trouble with Rhyl is that there's no point taking anything of value, people will try to haggle you down, even if you price things really cheaply

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 11:22:26 am »
We've sold quite a lot at Rhyl (starts on 2nd April) we just price things up to allow for haggling, everyone wants a bargain, so if you want £20, I'll ask £25, sometimes someone will just pay the asking price, thats rare though!  ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Yorkie

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 11:27:30 am »
The tabletop sale is particularly poor due to parking and poor advertising.

There is a b***y great car park at the rear of Venue Cymru and on a Sunday the road outside is quiet if you get there early!

Also I have found at any sale the majority of sales are in the first couple of hours with the bargain hunters.

Another benefit is that it is not expensive and virtually no travelling costs! 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 01:15:08 pm by Yorkie »

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 12:35:05 pm »
We've always found Mona the best place to buy and sell.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Jack

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 12:51:58 pm »
Ive always found Rhyl the best place to sell especially in the Summer as you get lots of extra people that come there from all the caravan parks.  Mona is good especially as all the antique dealers tend to go there and there is a big one on Saturday and Sundays at Llandygai, Bangor that is both indoor and outdoor.  Don't forget the little one at Mochdre village hall, both indoor and outdoor, but it lacks the large footfall that Rhyl gets.

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 02:26:40 pm »
The tabletop sale is particularly poor due to parking and poor advertising.

There is a b***y great car park at the rear of Venue Cymru and on a Sunday the road outside is quiet if you get there early!

No good if you have a lot of stuff to carry in though.
As both a buyer and seller there, in my opinion only Rhyl worth going to if you want to shift the lot.
Need to be there on a Sunday for 7 at the latest And  as buyers not let in until 8 you get time to unload reasonably unhindered.