Author Topic: Points to Ponder  (Read 218185 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Points to Ponder
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2012, 07:57:30 pm »
Dave, I warned you last week about drinking Stella Lager.

There is a reason that it often referred to as 'Wifebeater'
I shall rename it as 'Festerbeater', with immediate effect.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2012, 09:41:15 am »
Getting close now. If this guy believes the world is going to end, maybe he wont mind giving us all his cash since he wont be needing it?

Old Colwyn Mayan prophecies
Jun 14 2012 by Richard Evans, North Wales Weekly News

AN OLD Colwyn man believes ancient Mayan prophecies for 2012 will see the world changed forever over the remaining part of the year.

Malcolm Yates, of Llawr Pentre, believes he has been placed on the earth to help people come to terms with a spiritual transition to what he describes as a higher frequency of existence.

Malcolm, 53, believes more highly evolved human extraterrestrials from another planet within our galaxy are about to intervene on Earth.

The retail manager, who works in Llandudno Junction, says corrupt leaders, governments and organisations will be removed from power as part of the takedown and that a New Age will begin where humans will enjoy a higher level of understanding of the workings of the universe.

Malcolm is one of many believers who say a new society, economy and even climate will follow the revolution – contrary to other interpretations of the Mayan calendar which suggest the world will end in December 2012.

Malcolm explained: “This is not a doom and gloom scenario, the darkness, falseness and negativity on the planet is going to be highlighted by the light of the universe.

“There will be a divine intervention as part of this takedown of the people who run the planet, the Dark Cabal. They are a covert elite group that work within the hierarchies and institutions on our planet. These are the people who run the media, the governments, the pharmaceutical companies and the arms dealers. They’ll be removed.

“When these events materialise people are going to be fearful, it’s going to be shocking to find half the US government has been arrested, as well as those in the security and intelligence agencies and the legal justice system.”

Malcolm’s beliefs are contrary to the 2012 Phenomenon which sees some interpretations of the ancient Mayan calendar prophesying an apocalypse, commonly predicted for Friday, December 21.

However, Malcolm believes that instead the prophecies predict a new dawn of existence for the world as we know it.
“The end of the world is just a misrepresentation of the Mayan calendar, we are at the end of a planetary cycle. This is a long prophesied comment of a golden age for humanity, we are going to see incredible technologies and free energy, ending oil monopolies,” he claims.

“We are being aided by extraterrestrials from other solar systems who are very spiritually and technologically advanced. They are already here to assist us, they will revitalise our planet and educate us in the ‘oneness’ of the universe.

“I 100% believe it. Five years ago I was a sceptic but this is not conspiracy theory, it is conspiracy fact. I want people to know change is coming and it’s good news, it’s already happening.

“In the coming months people are going to see changes, it’s going to be all over the TV. You are going to see members of the US Congress arrested and the people running the planet brought to justice. And it’s going to frighten people.

“Already you can’t turn on the TV without seeing corruption in the media.”

http://www.northwalesweeklynews.co.uk/conwy-county-news/local-conwy-news/2012/06/14/old-colwyn-mayan-prophecies-55243-31175828/

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2012, 11:49:07 pm »
The man in this video news article ran his own Investment Banking business, before the crash... and is now living rough in a park in Croyden.
It just shows how anyone can fall on hard times.
Admittedly, he has only been sleeping rough for a few nights, hence his substantial girth still in evidence!
Its only 2 mins long, take a look.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20704588
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2012, 11:33:57 am »
That was really sad to watch and it just shows you how it could happen to anyone.   I just hope that he soon gets the relevent help to get accommodation and turn his life around.
It's upsetting to see someone in those circumstances, especially when they have worked hard during their life, when on the other hand you get unemployable people like drug addicts etc etc  expecting local authorities to rehouse them because it's their human right to have accommodation.   

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2012, 08:19:33 pm »
The man in this video news article ran his own Investment Banking business, before the crash... and is now living rough in a park in Croyden.
It just shows how anyone can fall on hard times.
Admittedly, he has only been sleeping rough for a few nights, hence his substantial girth still in evidence!
Its only 2 mins long, take a look.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20704588

I watched the programme that the clip was taken from and was intrigued about how he was actually living in America when the business he built up & his marriage both failed. An American charity then paid for a plane ticket to send him to the UK so he could be homeless over here instead of over there so he could claim off the UK Government instead of the US. It's similar to those people who emigrate and then when they fall ill they return to the UK for the free healthcare as opposed to paying in there adopted country. I'm getting so cynical in my old age I guess.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2012, 08:25:24 pm »
Let's put it another way -  he couldn't have been much good as a Merchant Banker, nor as a businessman. No businessman worth his salt would bankrupt himself by sending good money after bad once the business was showing signs of serious deterioration.  As far as I am concerned he has brought it all on himself, and furthermore there is no need to sleep rough or go hungry in London, unless one especially wants to.    :D

Maybe the BBC will help by buying his "story". :rage:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2012, 08:35:27 pm »
The reason he was sleeping rough was that as he had just flown in from the US after living there for a few years, he was (rightly in my eyes) not recognised as a resident of Croydon. He eventually did get given a bedsit in a HMO which I guess is more than he would have got if he stayed in the US.
Valar Morghulis

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2012, 09:01:44 am »
I don't believe he was sleeping rough. He looked far too clean and tidy.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2012, 11:54:07 pm »
Morning all,

I am aware that the world comes to an end today, that is not in question
But I was wondering if any Forum members could tell me what time it is scheduled for?

It's just that I'm meeting Dave R for a drinking session at 2pm, and I didn't want to miss it.

Moreover, if the world is going to end in the late afternoon sometime, then I probably have enough cash to see me through and I won't need to go to the 'hole in the wall' for extra funds.
Fester...

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2012, 12:45:01 am »
Radio 5 said 11:11am whilst I was just driving home from work so you may want to make that a morning coffee instead!
Valar Morghulis

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2012, 01:11:42 am »
i hate to think this is my last game of poker, im winning for a change

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2012, 09:43:28 am »
Hmm, indeed.
Dave, if the world ends before 2pm, I would imagine that things like Twitter and Facebook will be wiped out.
So, just text me and let me know where you are!
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2012, 11:36:05 am »
Well, the world was due to expire at 11.11, so there'll be many hundreds of thousands of disappointed people, all of whom were certain the world would end, but all of whom will now have to trudge back, wearily to their blogs to add comments about how the world should have ended, but NASA has been continuing to lie to them.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: December 21, 2012, 11:38:18 am »
And the forecast for the week ahead...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2012, 11:41:29 am »
Well, the world was due to expire at 11.11, so there'll be many hundreds of thousands of disappointed people, all of whom were certain the world would end, but all of whom will now have to trudge back, wearily to their blogs to add comments about how the world should have ended, but NASA has been continuing to lie to them.
Indeed.