Author Topic: Points to Ponder  (Read 214060 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Points to Ponder
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2011, 07:50:00 am »
You're making three points, there, Fester, and I'm not sure how they're related.

On the first, however, I have lived very close to extremely large Muslim communities, so I can speak with some experience about them.  I accept that radicalisation of the young is a growing problem, but that's not  the point of that 'letter';  that 'letter' exists to spread the very hatred, mistrust and bigotry on which groups like the EDL and other far right organisations thrive and which, like all politics of hatred, simply serves to set one group against another without any basis in reason.

Your average Muslim is very much like your average person;  most want nothing more than to live in peace, work for their living and look after their families. And I think you're wrong about the media, in a big way. Papers like the DFM and Telegraph have entire teams attempting to unearth every grubby detail they can about Muslim society in the UK. What should be making people think is how little they've managed to dig up, considering their resources.

Your the second point

I'm afraid that a major change is happening in the world, in terms of disproportionate birth rates, and a new culture whereby the majority expect luxurious lives, but refuse to work hard or even contribute anything to get it.

can't really be substantiated. Birth rates in the Western world have been falling steadily for many years, but even China's tenacious approach to population management has only managed to slow their enormous population growth.

On your final point

a new culture whereby the majority expect luxurious lives, but refuse to work hard or even contribute anything to get it.

I'd be interested to know what your source is for that statement.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2011, 10:53:18 am »

On your final point

a new culture whereby the majority expect luxurious lives, but refuse to work hard or even contribute anything to get it.

I'd be interested to know what your source is for that statement.
[/quote]

I can't argue with your points Ian as I am afraid that in all societies it is the minority that spoil it for the majority.  Going back to these four men though, how many of the four were working and not claiming benefits?    The article doesn't mention that nor does it mention if any of the four are immigrants.  If any of them are immigrants then they should be deported after serving their full jail sentence, human rights or not!

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2011, 12:40:34 pm »
On that last point, Hugo, we don't disagree. And, of course, Fester has a point with regard to the burgeoning world population and what is rapidly becoming rather oppressive Human Rights legislation. But if the world is becoming more crowded, surely we need to be very careful about the sort of mind that the 'letter' above reveals? It is, after all, very similar to the way that Germany went in the mid thirties.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2011, 10:32:56 pm »
...and I believe that it is inevitable that the scenes in Nazi Germany will be repeated..not by Nazi's, and not in Germany... but a different type of fanaticism.
That being religious fanaticism.  Perpertated by people who believe that it is their destiny and duty to conquer all who don't share their faith.

Sometimes its not possible to quote a study, or statistical evidence that Ian rightly calls upon me to present.

Sometimes you have to draw upon your own experiences, and open your eyes to what is happening in the unsavoury world around us.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2011, 10:40:54 pm »
 :D

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2011, 08:47:30 am »
Sometimes you have to draw upon your own experiences, and open your eyes to what is happening in the unsavoury world around us.

But the real problem is that almost all of what we 'see' around us is nothing of the sort, and is - in fact - third-hand information from the media. And we know how selective they can be, quite apart from the fact that they don't normally broadcast good news.

That being religious fanaticism.  Perpertated by people who believe that it is their destiny and duty to conquer all who don't share their faith.

I think any sort of fanaticism leads down some very dangerous alleyways for society and I think I've already made my feelings clear on both religion and nationalism in civilised society.  Unfortunately, we're stuck with a multiplicity of both and we can only hope that humankind outgrows its need for one of them at least,  before we all vanish in the next holocaust.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:11:44 am by Ian »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2011, 11:13:27 pm »
I agree with your sentiment Ian,  I'm just very pessimistic about the Human ability to evolve quickly enough...

Instead I fear that the another Human need, that for greed... will coincide with the chase for dwindling resources, and cause that very holocaust.

I hope you are right... but I fear that I will be proved correct on this one.
Fester...

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2011, 10:25:16 pm »
Is this little chap destined to be a great adventurer?

Or should his parents be locked up for neglect?

See here..  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-13894172
Fester...

Offline crd

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2011, 11:04:04 am »
As Australians, we have
our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

Ever since the British first invaded, Aboriginal peoples have had their land stolen from them or destroyed. Until 1992, when it was finally overturned, the legal principle governing British and then Australian law regarding Aboriginal land was that of ‘terra nullius’ – that the land was empty before the British arrived, belonged to no-one, and could legitimately be taken over.

Most has still to be returned today, and the loss of their land has had a devastating social and physical impact on Aboriginal peoples.

The initial invasions also sparked huge waves of disease that killed thousands – many others were massacred. In just over one hundred years from the first invasion of their land, their numbers were reduced from up to an estimated one million to only 60,000.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2011, 12:04:58 pm »
Exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English - one man's ambition to become Welsh | Mail Online http://bit.ly/oceOIX

reaction to this piece :-

Blog Banw: Is discrimination or racism acceptable? http://bit.ly/r6b4Bf
Oggy Bloggy Ogwr http://bit.ly/pSiZV5
Grangetown Jack: Since When Was It Cool to Ignore Prejudice? http://bit.ly/pntHbw
Syniadau :: The Blog: The Insouciant Pantomime Dame http://bit.ly/rngnqN
National Left: IOS think Welsh should "Lighten Up" (Or maybe know their place) http://bit.ly/pDzpKB
Welsh tell MP to lighten up over race 'slur' - UK Politics, UK - The Independent http://ind.pn/qxEDC4
EyeOnWales: ‘Welsh’ Personalities Back Lewis the Hatemonger. http://bit.ly/oeNAck

Offline Trojan

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2011, 02:09:01 am »
I abhor the appalling and moribund monkey language myself, which hasn’t had a new noun since the Middle Ages — hence pwdin is pudding, snwcer is snooker, tacsi is taxi and bocsio is boxing.

What an ignorant c*nt.  $angry$

The reporter, Roger Lewis.....Lewis is a Welsh surname isn't it?  $walesflag$

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2011, 08:58:18 am »
Ignorant cw*t would give him a new noun and that's just for starters.     $walesflag$

Offline Trojan

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2011, 12:52:50 pm »
http://www.houseofnames.com/lewis-coat-of-arms

Motto translated: Faithful to my country.  L0L

Offline Trojan

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2011, 01:56:46 pm »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2012, 07:07:48 pm »
I have found a very convenient badge which can save you a lot of hassle and waiting in queues.
I have attached a picture of the badge below.  Feel free to use it.

When I needed to go to Accident and Emergency recently, I stuck this badge onto the sleeve of my blue jacket, and suddenly 80% of those waiting decided they weren't so sick after all, and left.  That saved me 4 hours waiting.

I went into the job centre too, flashed the badge there and I was almost straight to the front of the queue. Amazing.

But don't use it in McDonalds or KFC, I never got my order as all the staff suddenly vanished!  Most odd.

Here is the useful badge... print it off, and use it as often as you like.

Fester...