Author Topic: Points to Ponder  (Read 219537 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Points to Ponder
« Reply #900 on: November 19, 2021, 12:00:44 pm »
If it is true that 11% of NHS staff have thus far chosen not to be vaccinated either, then we will have a serious staff shortage in the NHS when it comes to the crunch
I don't know the exact figures but I believe that a great portion of the people with Covid that have been admitted to hospital have not had the vaccine.
Why is this happening, the anti vaccine people spread all types of unproven propaganda in the media but are quick enough when they get Covid to take the places in hospital of others who through no fault of their own have serious medical conditions.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #901 on: November 19, 2021, 05:13:52 pm »
The 11% of unvaccinated staff in the NHS was from a BBC news article last week.
I’m sure when push comes to shove, that number will reduce.
But, should it?
You wouldn’t think that NHS workers would fall for online anti vax propaganda.
So, they have their reasons.... some personal, and others may be more fundamental.
But I would defend their right not to be injected if they are very much against it.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #902 on: November 19, 2021, 06:11:22 pm »
Good Lord!
I’ve just seen that Austria will be the first country to have compulsory vaccinations.
This is madness.
They are also locking down everyone, including those who ARE vaccinated!
I favour Hugo’s suggestion, simply deny hospital treatment to The unvaccinated (if it comes to that)
But don’t punish the vaccinated.
What are we facing here?  Are they going to press gang people in the street?   Forced injections?
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #903 on: November 19, 2021, 06:51:28 pm »
Some people are naturally immune, so their reasoning might be if they've not caught it, yet then they're unlikely to. But doctors can't simply withhold treatment; they are legally obliged to provide it. Similarly, to insist on everyone getting vaccinated would require a change in the law.

It's a thorny question but the law, as it stands, might allow for compulsory vaccination. Given the lethality of this disease, it could be compared to a man going around with a loaded sidearm. The question then becomes does society have a right to forcibly deprive that person of the weapon or, in the case of vaccination, dies society have the right to protect the rest of the people by force?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #904 on: November 19, 2021, 07:35:14 pm »
I’m vaccinated myself, by choice, eventually..... but I’m very much against compulsory vaccinations of anything, ever.

Your quite right in what you say Fester, but  the rest of society has a right to be protected from an uninformed minority who through their misguided and unreasoned attitude help to perpetuate the spread of this killer virus. Where would we be today if the older generation had said no to smallpox, polio, measels, mumps,  rubella and even flu vaccinations. Social media and the idiots who spread their have baked ideology should be prosecuted and held responsible for the consequences of their actions. Those who choose to go unvaccinated need to be excluded from mixing with the rest of society who has followed the proven science, not the rambling theories of the conspiracy theorists 
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #905 on: November 19, 2021, 09:31:31 pm »
I hear what you’re saying, but can’t agree with all of it.
If I feel strongly that I don’t trust a substance that is about to be injected in to me,  or if I believe that the chances of me being seriously ill from Covid are slim, then I would resist it with my dying breath.
The protection of others question, is an issue for them.
If three vaccinations isn’t enough to protect the vulnerable, then my participation won’t make much difference.
I don’t feel that way, but I do support the rights of those who do.
Would I let an unvaccinated nurse treat me, or my old Mum?   Yes, damn right I would.  Because I am protected even if they are not.
As I’ve said,  I am fully vaccinated.... but I can’t bear to live in a society where forced injections become the norm.
Fester...

Offline Hugo

« Reply #906 on: November 19, 2021, 11:03:27 pm »
I didn't mean or imply that people who are not vaccinated should not be entitled to go to hospital if they contact Covid.    Of course they are entitled to do so just like the rest of the population are.
What I was getting at was if these anti vaccination people had had the vaccine already then the effects of Covid would not be so severe and they would not have to be admitted to hospital and thus freeing up beds for those people who are urgently in need of treatment.

In the UK we see regular incidents of selfishness and irresponsibility by defiant and stupid people.   Those who venture on the mountains and in the sea ill prepared and who expect others to come out and rescue them and in doing so putting their own lives in danger,
Would the RNLI and the Mountain Rescue teams hesitate going out to rescue these type of people?   The answer is no simply because they are there to save lives.
It's just like all the staff in the NHS, they risk their lives on a daily basis even if the patient has ignored scientific and medical advise to have the vaccine the carry on regardless

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #907 on: December 28, 2021, 10:20:10 am »
The 8 new laws coming into force in 2022
From a smacking ban to 'no fault' divorces, here is what you need to know

Throughout the last year, a number of new laws and restrictions have been introduced across the UK - and next month there will be a whole new set.

The start of 2022 means new legislation coming onto the statute book, both in Wales and Westminister.

cont  https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/8-new-laws-coming-force-22552862

Offline SteveH

« Reply #908 on: January 17, 2022, 03:55:50 pm »
We have talked about work ethics in the past or lack of...........Mrs H told me about this post on FB today ...........

"Desperate for work... laboured for all different types of trades for few years, brickies, plasterers, plumbers, floor fitters, roofers, painters and decorators, I've done it all, I'm 23 years of age, hard worker, don't mind lifting and moving heavy stuff all day everyday, out of work at the moment simply because of the time of year, willing to do anything, work all the hours, and willing to work me A*** off!
Thanks in advance."

The response was brilliant, many well wishers, and at least three offers of work, a good example for a lot of people out there.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #909 on: January 17, 2022, 08:20:53 pm »
Very refreshing to hear and good luck to the young man.   He deserves to get on for his intuition alone

Any contact details Steve?

Offline SteveH

« Reply #910 on: January 18, 2022, 10:26:34 am »
Sorry Hugo, would appear contact only through the FB, "Llandudno need to know" site.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #911 on: January 18, 2022, 11:27:22 am »
That's me snookered then Steve,  luckily I don't need any one at the moment but I wish the guy well.
It's refreshing when someone looks for work like he does   $good$

Offline SteveH

« Reply #912 on: January 18, 2022, 01:54:47 pm »
NORTH Wales Police is currently recruiting Community Speed Watch (CSW) volunteers to help stop speeding vehicles in their local communities.

The role involves working with North Wales Police with the aim to:

Reduce the risk of death, injury and collisions
Improve the safety and quality of life for local communities
Increase public awareness of speeding and other traffic offences
Monitoring locations are chosen by the volunteers who are then trained in the use of hand-held speed monitoring devices to record the speed of motorists driving through their village or parish

Operating at the roadside in 20, 30 or 40mph zones, volunteers monitor the speeds of passing vehicles using portable or tripod mounted speed indicator devices. Some devices signal their speed to the drivers, others don’t.

The volunteers record the speed and details of vehicles travelling above the speed thresholds. The registered keepers of vehicles observed exceeding these limits are then sent warning letters by the police.

cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19855855.north-wales-police-hunt-community-speed-watch-volunteers/

Offline SteveH

« Reply #913 on: January 29, 2022, 10:50:34 am »
Where are Britain's missing million workers?

There could be as many as a million missing workers in the UK job market, experts say.

Latest figures suggest that the vast majority of livelihoods survived the end of the furlough scheme, designed to protect the economy from the ravages of Covid.

Fears of a huge spike in unemployment when the support was withdrawn have failed to materialise.

On the contrary: with vacancies at a record high of 1.2 million, many employers are struggling to cope with a shortage of skilled workers.

On Thursday, the government announced plans to get 500,000 jobseekers into jobs by the end of June, with those claiming Universal Credit having to look for jobs outside their chosen field more quickly or face sanctions.

So how has that happened?
Well, since the onset of coronavirus, there has been a big rise in the number of people classed as "economically inactive" - that is, people who are not looking for jobs and are not available for work.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) reckons that there are 400,000 more people in that category than there were before the virus hit.

Full article  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60039923

Offline SteveH

« Reply #914 on: January 31, 2022, 10:16:53 am »
Wales' public sector rich list: The best paid officials in the nation
Some 14 of Wales' top officials earn more than £200k a year

We've scoured the accounts published by public bodies across Wales to put together a list of the highest paid public sector officials in the nation.

There are a massive 432,500 people working in the public sector here, according to Stats Wales, and just 14 of them earn more than £200k a year.

For our list, we looked at public bodies including health boards, councils, universities, the Welsh Government, BBC Wales and quangos to compile a list of the best-paid bureaucrats in the nation. If we've missed anyone out, please let us know in the comments.

Salaries are just one part of the total bill for the executives at the top of the tree. With some officials still benefiting from a final salary pension scheme, a promotion can mean a huge jump in the value of their pension pot - the cost of which will be met by the taxpayer.

The person in Wales whose total remuneration this year was the largest in Wales was not the highest salaried executive but a longstanding official at Swansea Bay health board whose promotion to interim finance director meant that he will now be entitled a major increase in his pension and lump sum at retirement.

The board's annual accounts show that it has had to account for a £427,000 increase in the value of his pension pot over the year. It's now worth more than £1m. This won't be paid out all at once but, in the words of the accounts, "reflects the increase in 'cash-equivalent transfer value' effectively funded by the employer", which it has had to book on its accounts this year.

cont...  Interesting informed article ........... also 66 comments

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/wales-public-sector-rich-list-22881153?IYA-reg=a05105fc-304d-4c50-9807-edab51f779a4#comments-wrapper