Author Topic: Points to Ponder  (Read 218308 times)

Offline mull

• Management board member
Re: Points to Ponder
« Reply #840 on: July 31, 2020, 11:35:32 am »
Just had a look on West Shore Webcam. Never seen it so busy, has everything gone back to normal ?

Heading towards another spike by the look of it.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #841 on: July 31, 2020, 11:53:44 am »
No doubt more will get cut off on the sandbanks today. It's been packed all week.

Offline mull

« Reply #842 on: July 31, 2020, 11:55:33 am »
I wonder how many are from Greater Manchester ?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #843 on: July 31, 2020, 12:12:08 pm »
I see what you mean about the web cam Mull, the place is heaving with tourists and the cafe is doing a good trade too.    The all seem to be enjoying the lovely hot weather but it's going to be a long Winter when the second lockdown comes!

I should imagine that the RNLI will be called out at sometime during the weekend Norman and possibly on both shore as the idiots are everywhere

Offline Hugo

« Reply #844 on: July 31, 2020, 12:25:42 pm »

Possibly quite a few Mull and probably from other areas of Lancashire and West Yorkshire.     Leicester have been able to pinpoint where their outbreak arose and Blackburn, Darwen, Rochdale and Oldham may have been able to but will the authorities tell the public.
Probably not as it may not be PC          &shake&

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #845 on: July 31, 2020, 12:48:56 pm »

Motorists urged to plan ahead if they are coming to Wales
Traffic Wales North & Mid #KeepWalesSafe
@TrafficWalesN
Planning a trip to North Wales?

Peak traffic times are between 12pm and 6pm.
This graph 👇 shows last Friday's traffic on the #A55 heading Westbound.
Please plan ahead it is extremely busy across the network today.
Check here and on http://traffic.wales  for live updates

'Holiday traffic' backing up
According to the Inrix traffic monitoring system - cameras are showing traffic is extremely heavy in the area - as holiday traffic makes its way across Wales.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-severe-delays-a55-broken-18694160

Offline Hugo

« Reply #846 on: August 09, 2020, 02:48:09 pm »
I have a friend who lives in Holland and after he retired from work he built himself an ocean going yacht but before he could actually sail the boat he had to pass a certificate to say that he was competent to sail the vessel although he had been in the Dutch Royal Navy for over 20 years 
It made me wonder why people in the UK can just go out and buy a motorized craft without proving that they have the ability to sail it safely.
We have to pass a driving test in the UK  to prove that we can drive a car so why  don't we have to pass a test to sail a motorized boat and this latest tragedy in the Menai Straits made me think about the issue

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/woman-dies-after-menai-strait-18740569

Offline SteveH

« Reply #847 on: September 06, 2020, 10:41:55 am »
Motorhome's...........Asset or obstacle.... I have never been sure, my own opinion (limited/uninformed) is that they take up parking space, do not spend money, after bringing their supplies with them, I have passed many parked up on Gloddaeth Ave. sitting inside drinking tea etc, and always the hint of emptying their waste ?   :-\

Motorhome group wants French style facilities in every North Wales town

Campaign for Real Aires UK believes it would boost tourism ?

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/motorhome-campaign-group-wants-french-18881457

Offline Hugo

« Reply #848 on: September 30, 2020, 02:58:33 pm »
Ascension Island: Priti Patel considered outpost for UK asylum centre location

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54349796

Offline Hugo

« Reply #849 on: November 08, 2020, 03:37:01 pm »
Jet Skis seem to be getting more and more popular but they don't seem to be regulated in any way,         As Cllr Thomas has expressed in the article  “It’s bizarre that there’s really no regulation to control boats capable of travelling at speeds in excess of 40mph by anyone regardless of their age and without the need for training, insurance or a licence at all,”

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/licences-should-compulsory-anyone-using-19239243

Offline Hugo

« Reply #850 on: December 13, 2020, 11:23:42 am »
It's rather sad really when someone has nothing better to do than post spurious posts online and this is the latest one he has posted.   I did think twice about posting this as I didn't want to massage his sad ego but in the end I decided to do it.
I wonder where this saddo will target next?

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/denbighshire-village-home-most-ridiculous-19436258

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #851 on: December 13, 2020, 11:57:32 am »
This is the first I've seen of this site. It's registered with LCN.com in Worcestershire and appears to have a countrywide coverage. There's a familiar feeling about it; I've seen something similar before but can't remember where.

Most of the directors of the company were involved with the same companies in the past: virtual servers and the like. But one of them was involved with NORRIS GROVE RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION LIMITED (03990362) while one of them - Irene Lesley HARRISON held, at various times, 4563 appointments with a plethora of companies. For anyone with the interest or a fair bit of time on their hands, here's the link to her 4,563 appointments.

The article to which you link, Hugo, is carefully written, mainly to avoid being successfully sued, but I remember writing for a computer magazine many, many years ago and the magazine's editors started a regular feature which spent its time rubbishing contributors.  A sort of Piers Morgan approach to journalism.  The interest shown by the DP makes me a tad suspicious. After all, the only thing newspapers want is for readers to read the ads, which helps pay the wages.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #852 on: December 23, 2020, 09:46:41 am »
The start of 2020 was bad and the situation in the UK has only got worse as the year is coming to and end.   The situation for   Winter and Spring in 2021 doesn't look good but there are some positive thoughts to take forward to help us when things start to improve

Offline SteveH

« Reply #853 on: December 23, 2020, 09:58:38 am »
 $good$        $good$

Offline SteveH

« Reply #854 on: February 15, 2021, 12:36:12 pm »
Mrs H told me this morning about a couple looking to book a caravan holiday in Cornwall, as this year's trip had to be cancelled due lockdown, they contacted the same firm to book a one week holiday, to be told the cost would be over £2000, more than double last year's  £900, the explanation given was "supply and demand", either very busy or expecting this year's clients to pay for their 2020 losses, let's hope this is not the majority way of thinking, hardly encouraging the British public to holiday in the UK. especially at this time when I believe we all need to support our businesses by "Buying British" an old slogan........... but I think a good idea these days ?    anyone feel the same way ?