Author Topic: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza  (Read 171084 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza
« Reply #315 on: May 07, 2012, 07:35:44 pm »
Well we had a look this afternoon, shame about the rain, we really enjoyed wandering around, lots of people all looking happy, must be great for the town! Well done to all involved!  $good$

A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #316 on: May 07, 2012, 07:40:53 pm »

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #317 on: May 07, 2012, 07:45:50 pm »
inside the ghost train!  :o 

We had a lovely ride on this Crosville bus, why can't anything modern be as nice as this, even the heater is a work of art! 1951 built but very art deco  D)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #318 on: May 07, 2012, 08:20:06 pm »
Nice pics, ME. That Crosville bus is very stylish.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #319 on: May 07, 2012, 09:54:55 pm »
Fascinating watching some of the larger amusements being dismantled tonight and packed up for transporting home on long lorries. Not too many hard hats or high vis vests on display though!!

I had a grandstand view from the belltower of the operation to dismantle and get the dodgem car structure all packed up - really quite an amazing procedure.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #320 on: May 07, 2012, 10:15:02 pm »
We also went to the Transport Festival on Saturday, again very enjoyable, lots of classic cars, trucks, buses etc!

Start you b@:*%*  :laugh:

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #321 on: May 08, 2012, 12:12:48 am »
Many thanks and congratulations to Wrex and all his fellow workers for all their hard work.   $thanx$

Thanks too, to all the rides surrounding Holy Trinity Church, as they kept their music quiet during the morning service, which was much appreciated. 

I went around the Extravaganza on Sunday afternoon and it was wonderful to see so many people enjoying themselves.  I enjoyed the parade (sorry I didn't spot you, Nemesis) but was sorry to miss Mr. Alexander's performance - that chair balancing act looks amazing.  The GOES display was fascinating (lovely to meet you, Debbie) and I met up with friends to watch one of the Alice performances, which we thoroughly enjoyed.  We ended the day by watching the transport parade and the organisers of the Transport Festival must also be congratulated for bringing together such a lot of interesting vehicles.

I should like to say a special thank you to the very kind and helpful operators of the Mach 1 ride in Trinity Square, who enabled me to take some aerial photos of Holy Trinity.   $thanx$  $thanx$  $thanx$

Wrex, would it be possible to pass on my thanks to the Mach 1 people, please? 

&well&  everyone!

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #322 on: May 08, 2012, 12:34:51 pm »
Blodyn, you do have a head for heights! I look forward to seeing your pictures in due course.

How marvellous to see how clean and tidy the town is this morning, there has obviously been a big clean up overnight. Well done to all concerned.

Offline Debbie

« Reply #323 on: May 08, 2012, 02:38:10 pm »
Lovely to meet you too Blodyn. Definitely looking forward to seeing the aerial photos.

Just to say what a super extraveganza weekend. The GOES tent was busy for the two days we were there. We gave two guided walks under the pier to look for remains of the old pier as well, and both events went really well. Just as we finished the Sunday walk under the pier we arrived back on the marine drive to see the transport parade - wow! It was great! Have added a picture from the GOES tent. 

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #324 on: May 10, 2012, 11:11:40 pm »
Here's a picture of Holy Trinity from the air (well, from the Mach 1 ride, with thanks to the operators for their help). 

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #325 on: May 10, 2012, 11:15:14 pm »
 $cool$ a great view!

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #326 on: May 10, 2012, 11:30:46 pm »
Thanks!

I meant to say before I much I liked your photos of flags and flying fish at the Transport Festival.  The bright colours against that lovely blue sky look so cheerful. 

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #327 on: May 10, 2012, 11:36:39 pm »
Cheers! I took this one last year

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #328 on: May 11, 2012, 08:03:56 am »
Excellent, Blodyn!  $good$

Offline hollins