Author Topic: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza  (Read 171119 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2011, 08:15:38 am »
And as a final comment - whinging (not whining) is very useful as it stimulates discussion and comment from the opposite and same viewpoints!   That's why I make my comments, I could just sit back and say nowt!  _))*   Now you can tell me that is exactly what I should do.    ZXZ

Keep whining.....sorry whinging, as it makes the forum a livelier place.  8)

Thanks Trojan, I hope I've got a few more years whinging in me.  It is just the sheer mental struggle trying to find things to winge about.  Any ideas?    ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2011, 09:01:32 am »
 ;)We;ll get back to the xmas lights on tuesday,as for you Yorkie we would be at a lose without yours and everyone elses views and im glad we all have different views and we can agree to disagree. Z**

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2011, 09:55:47 am »
I was walking home at 11pm last night, via Upper Mostyn St.
I was struck by just how terrible the mess and litter from the Extravaganza was.

Cartons, tins, papers, blowing all over the road, and ...it was blowing all over other streets too.

Is there some sort of over night clean up process which is done?
If not, then the problem will get compounded with the next days rubbish...and so on.

It was pretty bad, I can tell you.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2011, 02:39:04 pm »
The food litter is the worst--and nappies.

A good sweep and then some heavy rain might shift the sticky messes up and down.The fairground must upset alot of stomachs-- I'll say no more
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2011, 03:46:15 pm »
And as a final comment - whinging (not whining) is very useful as it stimulates discussion and comment from the opposite and same viewpoints!   That's why I make my comments, I could just sit back and say nowt!  _))*   Now you can tell me that is exactly what I should do.    ZXZ

Keep whining.....sorry whinging, as it makes the forum a livelier place.  8)

Thanks Trojan, I hope I've got a few more years whinging in me.  It is just the sheer mental struggle trying to find things to winge about.  Any ideas?    ;)

I don't know.....perhaps older folk giving-up playing squash and leaving activities like that to the younger generation?  :laugh:

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2011, 04:41:54 pm »
Went to have a walk round the "Victorian" Extravaganza today - saw about half a dozen people in Victorian costume and a huge fairground!!  Think the word "Victorian"  should be dropped from the title!

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2011, 04:43:59 pm »
Trojan said:  I don't know.....perhaps older folk giving-up playing squash and leaving activities like that to the younger generation?  

Now that's a game I have never played, and never wanted to.  Too many young men seem to die on the squash court.  Doesn't Oscar play squash?
A medical study indicated that squash is a physiologically demanding sport which places a severe strain on the myocardium for considerable periods of time and is capable of generating cardiac arrhythmias. The findings are particularly important for an individual already at risk of sudden death from coronary artery disease or structural cardiovascular abnormalities.

I can't winge about something that is of no interest to me.   So maybe I should winge about having nothing to winge about!   :rage:
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2011, 05:51:11 pm »
Late afternoon in Upper Mostyn St,
Just captured 2 pictures on my phone, First one of Darren (Fountains Bar Manager) and Ian enjoying the blooming scary high chairlift ''sky-ride''

Picture 2 is Mrs Fester and rriend from Llandudno, Tony.. on the same rise.  Both came off feeling rather queasy.

Fester...

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2011, 05:52:34 pm »
Braver men than I !!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2011, 06:04:52 pm »
 :-[ Well Fester the council clean the streets in the morning and a very good job they do,the same as they do every morning of the year,now the traders pay a lot of rates to have their litter picked up and then CCBC charge the Extravaganza again to pick up the same litter.The fact that tourists don;t throw the traders rappers in the bin but on the floor can;t be helped,as in Colwyn Bay promday im sure there is a mess there but do CCBC  charge the organizers CCBC ,THEMSELVES THE SAME AS THEY CHARGE US.All loses for promday are paid by the Marketing dept of CCBC while a County CLL runs the fairground for a very small rent,taxpayers money down the drain. ZXZ

Offline Trojan

« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2011, 09:43:54 pm »
Doesn't Oscar play squash?

I believe he used to.  ;D

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2011, 10:00:40 pm »
White Rabbit, sorry to disagree but on my personal visit I was struck by how many people were dressed in Victorian costumes---far more than I have seen in previous years. Perhaps just a coincedence when I was there.

Offline wjones74

« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2011, 10:58:33 pm »
I too saw plenty of people dressed in victorian clobber, also period vehicles and fairground rides too !, I guess some people need shadowy figures in top hats and cloaks murdering prostitutes for complete authenticity! WWW

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2011, 11:00:01 pm »
Ha, brilliant.... I think that particular 'exhibit' was happening behind the train station...  L0L
Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2011, 08:15:44 am »
I too saw plenty of people dressed in victorian clobber, also period vehicles and fairground rides too !, I guess some people need shadowy figures in top hats and cloaks murdering prostitutes for complete authenticity! WWW

Are you volunteering?     ZXZ
Cicero