Author Topic: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza  (Read 171116 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2011, 08:31:57 am »
Wrex, if you have all the details of events, dates, times etc, you could always PM them to me and i can set up a special thread for them so that visitors can view the info on here.
Wrex has sent me some info and a new, read only, thread has been created here:
http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=515

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2011, 10:19:48 am »
The situation with the Extravaganza website is getting more and more ridiculous as the event draws ever closer. Things like the Park & Ride scheme are still prominently featured, even though Wrex says it will not operate this year:
http://victorian-extravaganza.co.uk/park-and-ride-2/
This will cause complete confusion - absolutely crazy!  :o

Can I ask...who is responsible for this disaster? The craziest thing of all is the site is written in WordPress, which means that adding/editing pages etc is simple - as easy as writing a post on this Forum. A good hour's work could sort this website out.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2011, 09:23:27 pm »
 :( The site was run by Paul Williams of PAMYA ,he has now been paid off but appears to slowing down the handover to our own Ian,so unfortunatly until he hands over the revelent information Ian cannot move. :'(

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2011, 09:45:16 pm »
That's not very nice of Pamaya, I only hope they are more efficient with their other clients otherwise no-one will use them. To be honest, I'd imagined that they were maintaining the Extravaganza website free of charge since it's hardly that big a job....

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2011, 10:46:05 pm »
How do you enter a car in the transport festival, I've just looked at the (out of date?) website and do not know, or do you just turn up in a classic car?  ???
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Jack

« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2011, 09:16:23 am »
How do you enter a car in the transport festival, I've just looked at the (out of date?) website and do not know, or do you just turn up in a classic car?  ???

Try emailing Len Ricketts on info@llantranfest.co.uk  :)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2011, 07:37:40 pm »
 :( Unfortunatley Mr Williams has failed to hand over the relevent information so we could change over websites,so he has won this one,but im sure the new site will be a massive improvement and i apologies to everyone who has looked at it recently,but hey the 26th will be a much better succsess. ZXZ

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2011, 07:47:05 pm »
:( Unfortunatley Mr Williams has failed to hand over the relevent information so we could change over websites,so he has won this one,but im sure the new site will be a massive improvement and i apologies to everyone who has looked at it recently,but hey the 26th will be a much better succsess. ZXZ
What a selfish man; given that he is so obviously unreliable, I will certainly never use his company Pamaya for any work.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2011, 07:45:32 am »
What a selfish man; given that he is so obviously unreliable, I will certainly never use his company Pamaya for any work.

I understand there is a lot more to this particular issue and Mr Williams.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2011, 05:06:27 pm »
I believe Wrex is the owner of the llandudno-extravaganza.co.uk domain name - as such, you can have it transferred to another hosting company if you wish.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2011, 09:47:35 am »
 :) Dave you are correct and i have signed it over to another,its a shame we were let down with the web and the programme last year but you live and learn.Anyway lets hope we have a successful one,the towns traders make a killing and the committee will start planning 2012,probably with no thanks and as normal not much CCBC help. D)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2011, 09:49:19 am »
Has a programme been done?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Jack

« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2011, 04:41:54 pm »
Has a programme been done?

Yes it costs £2 and is quite good.  There is a flyer too with a map of the town showing the parade route, stages, steam engine locations etc and local advertisers.  The flyer is free and 20, 000 have been printed and are being distributed from this weekend.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2011, 05:19:23 pm »
We on the Forum appreciate you and the Committee's hard work, Wrex!   :)

Offline Trojan

« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2011, 05:22:47 pm »
Yes,  &well& Wrex and  ££$ with this year's Extravaganza.  $walesflag$