Author Topic: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza  (Read 173498 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2011, 07:53:50 am »
We on the Forum appreciate you and the Committee's hard work, Wrex!

Absolutely! 'Tis a thankless task and if it wasn't for those like yourself who are prepared to give up countless hours and days to making sure it happens each year, the town would be the worse for it, of that I'm sure.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2011, 08:40:09 pm »
We have just returned to North Wales along the A55 and passed many large fairground rides in transit.

Several were parked up for the night and already filled one lay-by near Rhuallt Hill.

I know Llandudno Extravaganza starts on Friday this year for the fairground rides so I would have expected the vendors to begin their journey to Llandudno tomorrow afternoon and not today.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2011, 09:01:14 pm »
 :)Most of the rides Bri will have only pulled down monday night so of course they are going to head straight here after their last show,with them setting up through the night tomorrow no sense in wasting diesel going home. $walesflag$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2011, 09:12:34 pm »
 ;D All my volunteer collectors assemble by the tram in Clonmel st  11 30am and i will issue you all with collecting tins and tabards,im just not sure if i have enought to go round.Seriously i would appreciate any help any of the days,it will be for 1 hour eachday,please. :-*

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2011, 09:14:50 pm »
Actually for people like travelling fairground workers, a layby is their home. I class myself in that group having been a long distance lorry and coach driver and market trader at various times

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2011, 07:12:25 am »
I know Llandudno Extravaganza starts on Friday this year for the fairground rides so I would have expected the vendors to begin their journey to Llandudno tomorrow afternoon and not today.

In past years the fairground operators would make their way to Llandudno immediately after they'd finished a a previous venue.  That often meant they would arrive in the area on the Tuesday or Wednesday, and 'camp up'.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2011, 08:23:14 am »
The advance party has been camped on Bodafon Fields for a couple of days now.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2011, 12:29:44 pm »
You usually see a lot of them parked along Builder Street as well.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2011, 03:45:38 pm »
For those who are interested:-
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2011, 04:44:28 pm »
After a struggle in the traffic to get down town, past all the vehicles parked on double white line roads ( with no policeman in sight), past the Camper Maternity Wing and the Transport Show, we finally saw some of the Victorian Extravaganza.    I have never seen anything LESS Victorian in my life.  It was just a heaving mass of people all struggling to get somewhere but going nowhere.   As far as I am concerned any local who ventured into town to join in the melee must have been out of their mind, as indeed I was, or more correctly, we were!

Needless to say our sojourn into the heart of Llandudno was short-lived, and we were glad to get away to the sanctury of the RSPB reserve in the Junction.   Peace, perfect peace!

Bring back the Olde Victorian Week-end that we used to have. PLEASE!
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2011, 05:22:25 pm »
We are really enjoying the Transport festival, some great vehicles there and well organised, we'll be back again tomorrow. We had a look at the Victorian extravaganza, not really our sort of thing apart from the superb steam engines, charabangs etc, however it's brought lots of people into the town, hopefully spending loads of money, so for that reason I'm fully in favour of it, mind you I do agree it's not Victorian but it is Elizabethan :D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2011, 05:38:47 pm »
 ;) The event works well ,hence the amount of people who keep on coming,i fully appreciate people have their views,but Llandudno excists for tourism and i will resist CCBC  and others from turning Llandudno into a quite retirement place. :-*

Offline Richard

« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2011, 05:59:44 pm »
My wife and I went into Llandudno today, no trouble parking and the town was packed and happy, the parade was great and everyone having a good time.

We drove down to the show field, again, no problems and delighted in the stalls and show items.

All in all excellent, for the town, visitors and locals alike.

Why, oh why, is there always someone ready to whine?

Is there a whiners school where they learn to whine or does it come naturally?

Many thanks to all who gave up their time to make it a great success.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2011, 06:15:42 pm »
Yes, a fantastic event and lots of people obviously gave up their spare time to help out with the organisation, well done to all of them.  :)

Think I saw Wrex In Clonmel Street, resisted the temptation to go over and have a chat about the Xmas Lights with him!  8)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2011, 06:19:48 pm »
Snap !-- Didn't he have a couple of strings of them round his neck? ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.