Author Topic: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza  (Read 174720 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza
« Reply #645 on: February 14, 2016, 10:19:08 am »
Mr Alexandra wants more money and as for the victorian theme anybody is free to come in and change the event, andthe handfull who do give up their time certainly do not,please feel free to change anyhing

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #646 on: February 19, 2016, 07:37:56 am »
Very constructive meeting last night under new chairman Kevin Chin.I think Kevin will start to turn the event aroundCannot cut funfair yet or we have to cut steam engines and bands in the parade and i don;t want that and i think people would moan if we cut the number of traction engines and bands without noticing a few rides dissapearing.

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #647 on: April 18, 2016, 12:03:57 pm »
Are any steam train services scheduled at Llandudno Station during the Extravaganza this year?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #648 on: April 18, 2016, 04:45:44 pm »
There was one but they cancelled,always a problem where Llandudno station is concerned.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #649 on: April 22, 2016, 04:55:52 pm »
Things almost inplace for next week,Chairman Chin seems to have pulled it around and im sure it will be a great success[for sum].All steam traction engines paid for,all bands paid for,all services paid for[bins,police,ambulance etc etc etc] so thank god the funfair coughts up a good rent,wink,wink.I hope you all enjoy x

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #650 on: April 22, 2016, 05:11:43 pm »
Things almost inplace for next week,Chairman Chin seems to have pulled it around and im sure it will be a great success[for sum].All steam traction engines paid for,all bands paid for,all services paid for[bins,police,ambulance etc etc etc] so thank god the funfair coughts up a good rent,wink,wink.I hope you all enjoy x

Looking forward to it and a huge thanks to everyone involved in making it, and the Transport Festival, happen each year.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #651 on: April 22, 2016, 06:07:02 pm »
Looking forward to it and a huge thanks to everyone involved in making it, and the Transport Festival, happen each year.

&well&   and a big    $thanx$     We will be there.    :)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #652 on: May 03, 2017, 01:25:34 pm »
Has Llandudno's Victorian Extravaganza had its day? Daily Post readers have their say
The annual event attracted thousands of people to the town, but not everyone was happy.

Cafes and restaurant owners were furious that the organisers had allowed burger vans and other food sellers into the town, and that many had set up outside Llandudno food businesses.

Morgan Austin, who owns Johnny Dough’s Pizzas , said he was £4,000 down on takings because of the annual festival.

Full article with poll.....
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudnos-victorian-extravaganza-day-daily-12978682

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #653 on: May 03, 2017, 02:42:25 pm »
If businesses can't capitalise on this amazing event then THEY who need to look at how they are running them rather than trying to blame others. It's three great days a year, surely their businesses can't be that fragile?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #654 on: May 03, 2017, 03:15:39 pm »
If you're running a food business it's hardly fair for someone to park a massive food van right in front of your premises! Business rates are not exactly cheap and they pay a lot of money to have those great spots on Mostyn Street.

Reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzoqa6OJ3C4

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #655 on: May 03, 2017, 03:21:56 pm »
All credit to the organisers, I wouldn't like to be in their shoes. It must be a mammoth task to get everything in place. I too had noticed more food stalls including things like slush and garish coloured ice-cream as well as hot-dogs and burgers. !
The charity shop which I help in had a bumper weekend, our manageress had hoarded lots of Victorian bric-a-brac and her ideas paid off, we volunteers, on Monday, dressed up and received lots of kind comments from customers, we were kept busy all afternoon scanning and wrapping goods. ( Not good when you are sweltering hot !).
If I had to be critical I would comment that it has got rather too big !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #656 on: May 03, 2017, 03:49:19 pm »
Since the event started the vitriol and sheer unpleasantness of some of the business owners has been a regular occurrence. But it's drifted away from the halcyon days of the first few events. The parades then were something to see: stilt walkers, at least two military bands, barbershop women's choir, jugglers and a lot of steam engines. But as Nem says it's down to volunteers to organise and it's mighty stressful in the week leading up to it and the first day.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #657 on: May 03, 2017, 04:06:51 pm »
If you're running a food business it's hardly fair for someone to park a massive food van right in front of your premises! Business rates are not exactly cheap and they pay a lot of money to have those great spots on Mostyn Street.

One business in the article said that they weren't happy with exactly this situation although they added that the burgers from the van were more expensive than theirs. So why didn't they have someone standing in front of the van with a sign saying "cheaper/better burgers from the shop behind"? Form an orderly queue...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #658 on: May 03, 2017, 04:13:23 pm »

One business in the article said that they weren't happy with exactly this situation although they added that the burgers from the van were more expensive than theirs. So why didn't they have someone standing in front of the van with a sign saying "cheaper/better burgers from the shop behind"? Form an orderly queue...

People are sheep unfortunately that's why they listen to Ed Sheeran and buy bad quality burgers at £4 instead of decent ones at £2.70. But that is people for you, signs won't make any difference.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #659 on: May 03, 2017, 04:31:39 pm »
Since the event started the vitriol and sheer unpleasantness of some of the business owners has been a regular occurrence. But it's drifted away from the halcyon days of the first few events. The parades then were something to see: stilt walkers, at least two military bands, barbershop women's choir, jugglers and a lot of steam engines. But as Nem says it's down to volunteers to organise and it's mighty stressful in the week leading up to it and the first day.

This year's parade had stilt walkers, steam engines, 2 military bands (at least), ... it was great I thought.
The only thing missing were the Star Wars storm troopers... GOOD!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -