Author Topic: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza  (Read 173962 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza
« Reply #630 on: May 06, 2015, 08:21:40 am »
I remember you telling me that, now, Wrex.  Murray Radcliffe was the best Parade Marshall I can remember. But organising that parade has never been an easy task.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #631 on: May 06, 2015, 08:53:36 am »
It must be like juggling cats...  :o

It always seems a very tight squeeze when they have to pass the rides in St Georges Place.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #632 on: May 06, 2015, 10:26:51 am »
It must be like juggling cats...  :o

It always seems a very tight squeeze when they have to pass the rides in St Georges Place.

There seemed to be less room there than before. Some of the bigger vehicles had quite a tight squeeze.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #633 on: May 06, 2015, 07:44:51 pm »
  i had a tight squeeze. One day I ended up between three stilt walkers, and it wouldn't do to get in their way, might have had the chimney sweeps brush pushed in a painful place

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #634 on: May 06, 2015, 08:15:52 pm »
Good pic of a forum member in the Pioneer Mike ! ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #635 on: May 06, 2015, 08:33:04 pm »
   On my way to buy a copy

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #636 on: September 19, 2015, 08:17:03 am »
I think this will be my last year involved,i fully understand the its a funfair,its a funfair but without the person to pull it around it will not change.Funfair brings in the money,money pays the steam engines,money pays the entertainment,money pays the police,money pays marching bands band so until a very special person comes along with a plan it will be very hard to move on,Each year the bills increase and the pressure to bring in more money is there,its a great event and pulls in the people but with so much grief it needs change and it needs a human being to do it,send in your cv;s now lol.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #637 on: September 19, 2015, 08:43:50 am »
You've lasted longer than many, wrex.  However, things are looking good for the area just now, so it might at long last be possible to ignite a spark of interest from some of the major players in the area in terms of sponsorship.  It might be worth making approaches to Costa, McDs, Arriva, Stabucks and Nero, and even Travelodge might come on board.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #638 on: February 11, 2016, 09:44:01 pm »
Well we are still having one this year,no cancelations

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #639 on: February 11, 2016, 10:08:53 pm »
Wrex,

We are delighted to hear that, it's a magnificent time for Llandudno.

However, it's spoilt by the inclusion of the Monkey Man, Star War Troopers etc. that degrade the whole event.

If it wasn't for the inclusion of various misfits and stayed true to the original theme, many more of us would be pleased to volunteer to assist. 

Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline wjones74

« Reply #640 on: February 12, 2016, 12:34:04 am »
I remember you telling me that, now, Wrex.  Murray Radcliffe was the best Parade Marshall I can remember. But organising that parade has never been an easy task.

My uncle Murray bless him , still remember him in his top hat and tails leading the parade . looking forward to it again this year   ££$

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #641 on: February 12, 2016, 11:03:56 am »
"However, it's spoilt by the inclusion of the Monkey Man, Star War Troopers etc. that degrade the whole event.

If it wasn't for the inclusion of various misfits and stayed true to the original theme, many more of us would be pleased to volunteer to assist. "

I agree, the same applies to the Christmas Parade.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #642 on: February 12, 2016, 11:13:33 am »
Not really worried about star wars characters as the kids love them and if people come along and offer their time i ain;t going to say no.The whole event could do with reorganising but by who and how will money be obtained to eliminate some of the fair,anybody can offer help but we must have ideas on fundraising because bills go up and up.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #643 on: February 13, 2016, 12:17:01 pm »
Not really worried about star wars characters as the kids love them and if people come along and offer their time i ain;t going to say no.The whole event could do with reorganising but by who and how will money be obtained to eliminate some of the fair,anybody can offer help but we must have ideas on fundraising because bills go up and up.

Wrex, with all due respect, the people that are drawn into the town and a great many business owners have the expectation of things 'Victorian' and are disappointed by the dumbing down of the event with the inclusion of such as these 'characters' and, to be frank, other peripheral tat. Many people avoid the town on the extravaganza dates because of this, when if the event kept to the original theme of the Victoriana that celebrates Llandudno, it would draw in far more people and, accordingly, sponsorship. That's a brief synopsis of everything that I have heard (and seen) of the event over the past few years from visitors, locals and business owners alike.   
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #644 on: February 13, 2016, 12:51:11 pm »
I have seen on Facebook that the wonderful Mr Alexander will not be there this year, that is a great shame!  :(
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas