Author Topic: Penmachno Council School  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Penblae

Penmachno Council School
« on: February 16, 2021, 07:27:18 am »
Hello everyone,

Would anyone have access to, or be able to point me in the direction of photographs of pupils from this school between 1916 and 1925? I found out very recently that my paternal grandfather attended this school and pictures of him in any context are few and far between, so if I could find something along these lines that would be fantastic.

Thanks,

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Penmachno Council School
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 12:36:30 pm »
Penblae, my paternal grandfather was also born in Penmachno but in the 1880's.      I don't know exactly where you can find some photos but have you made enquiries with the school?
Also Conwy Archives may be able to help and if you look on the Conwy Archives online catalogue there are about 13 references to schools in Penmachno

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 03:15:32 pm »
There is a Llanrwst and District Historical Society that may also be able to assist.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 07:08:53 pm »
Which you can find here.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Penblae

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 07:29:42 pm »
Thank you all.

I have already contacted the head of the current school and she has been very helpful. Maybe when the world settles down a little she might able to help with anything they might still hold in the school. She has also advised me of a retired history teacher in the area who may be able to help and was involved in a celebration some years ago that involved a number of such photographs. I’ve not heard anything from him yet, unfortunately. The Llanrwst society is not something I knew about before and can see a contact email for them so I’ll try that tonight.

Thanks again everyone.