Author Topic: Welsh Mountain Zoo  (Read 430 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SteveH

  • News Editor
  • *****
Welsh Mountain Zoo
« on: November 20, 2020, 03:00:23 PM »
FESTIVE finds will be on offer at the Welsh Mountain Zoo this December.                            ref Pioneer

The attraction in Colwyn Bay has revealed its plans for half price entry throughout the festive month

The zoo will also be hosting its Christmas trail for visitors both young and older.

Marcia Azevedo Moreira, Marketing Manager at the Welsh Mountain Zoo, said: “With such a difficult 2020 and with Wales only recently coming out of a second lockdown, we wanted to inject some early Christmas love and offer half price entry through December.

"Unfortunately this year we won’t be able to showcase our grotty grotto or host events that encourage interaction but we will welcome friends old and new, who can enjoy a wrapped up walk around our wonderful zoo to reacquaint themselves with our much loved animals."

Half price entry will begin on December 5 and run until January                   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SteveH

  • News Editor
  • *****
Re: Welsh Mountain Zoo
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 11:47:06 AM »
TWO zoo keepers have written a children's book to raise funds for their much loved attraction.

Welsh Mountain Zoo keepers Amy Ridgway and Tom Wootton have published 'A Dream Day at the Zoo'.

Born out of a desire to support the zoo in the face of escalating financial pressures during the pandemic, 90 per cent of the profits from the sale of this book will go directly to the zoo. The other 10 per cent is going to The Vulture Conservation Foundation.

The story focuses on a young girl named Alice, a keen animal lover.

On a seemingly normal visit, Alice begins to daydream, and her adventure begins as she’s called to help keepers trace an escaped animal by following the clues and trying to work out what species the animal is.

 “We wrote the book and drafted basic illustrations, almost like a story-board to pitch the book to our directors.

"These illustrations were then sent over to Catherine Jackman  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and she elevated them beautifully. The response so far has been amazing – the first batch has sold out and we're already on our second reprint."

The book is on sale at the zoo shop at a £6 or £10 with a cute chimp soft toy. Alternatively call 01492 532938 order.

cont  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SteveH

  • News Editor
  • *****
Re: Welsh Mountain Zoo..........John Cleese video appeal
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 09:40:00 AM »
Comedy legend John Cleese records heartfelt appeal for Welsh Mountain Zoo as it faces 'uncertain future'    ref Daily Post
The former Monty Python and Fawlty Towers star urged people to support the Colwyn Bay zoo

Screen and comedy legend John Cleese has recorded a heartfelt appeal for the Welsh Mountain Zoo.

The former Monty Python and Fawlty Towers star called for backing for the Colwyn Bay zoo from the people of Wales and beyond

In the message he said the National Zoo of Wales "continues to face an uncertain future".

He added: "The consequences for its animals simply do not bear thinking about, all of course due to Covid-19."

He said thanks to lockdowns and restrictions the site has been closed for many months but has to continue paying keepers and feeding and caring for its animals.

He added: "It has been forced to take on a crushing burden of debt."

cont   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


Support can continue to be provided in the following ways:
• Donating to the Zoo’s public fundraising appeal - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Donating via Facebook - Welsh Mountain Zoo

• Sending a cheque in the post to Welsh Mountain Zoo, Old Highway, Colwyn Bay, LL28 5UY

• Adopting an animal - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Becoming a member - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Purchasing a gift from the Zoo’s online shop - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login