Author Topic: Bellringing  (Read 66223 times)

Offline Trojan

Re: Bellringing
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2011, 07:08:24 pm »
Ringing this afternoon at Holy Trinity before and after a wedding at 3pm. Hope the sun shines for the couple.

If it doesn't I'm sure your ringing will give the belle a day to remember.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2011, 10:28:57 pm »
Well done Mr T., I knew I could rely upon you for another little gem.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2011, 02:33:39 pm »
Well done Mr T., I knew I could rely upon you for another little gem.

I should put these in the jokes section really, but I believe Mr Bellringer likes them here.  :D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2011, 05:32:07 pm »
I saw this in the window of the Madoc Street Bookshop and thought of you, Stan!

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2011, 09:52:39 pm »
How kind of you both.

I might just pop along to the bookshop for a quick look but we do have some ringing literature in the belltower already.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2011, 10:51:30 pm »
Church bells are usually rung to announce to people in the vicinity that a service is about to be held and of course at Holy Trinity we practice our ringing on a Friday night.

Tonight at about 8pm a gentleman who was suffering from head and chest pains heard the bells and therefore knew that there was someone in the church who might help him to get medical attention. We rang for an ambulance and before the call was completed, an ambulance arrived and the two paramedics took over. They took him off to hospital but unfortunately we do not know which one, his name or any other details and how he now is. His vehicle registration number suggests he is from Essex so he must be staying in the area. We do hope he is OK.

Credit to the ambulance service for arriving so quickly especially when it has been reported in the last day or so that the service is not meeting its arrival targets to call outs.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2011, 08:45:41 am »
Good work, Stan!  $good$

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2011, 09:16:55 am »
Hope the poor chap is OK.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2011, 10:18:13 am »
He had stopped his car outside the Church main gates because he felt unwell, had the presence of mind to lock it, and then had made his way in through the tower doors where we found him.

The only thing we had time to do before the ambulance whisked him away was to establish where his car was and that it was locked. First thing this morning the car was still there but in the last half hour it has gone, so at best we assume he is OK and has collected the car himself, or arranged for someone to move it. It would have been an irony to be in hospital and a warden putting tickets on it!

Offline Trojan

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 01:53:47 am »
Maybe it's in the North Wales Recovery impound?  :-X

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2011, 02:08:55 pm »
I returned from holiday later yesterday to discover the sad news that a stalwart of ringing in North Wales, Ron Miers, had died last Monday whilst on holiday in Scotland.

Ron was Ringing Master of the North Wales Association until 2008 and had been tower captain at Bangor for some years.
He regularly visited Llandudno to join us in ringing Holy Trinity's bells. He will be sadly missed.

Condolences and sympathy to his wife and family from all the ringers at Holy Trinity.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2011, 11:47:14 am »
This coming Wednesday afternoon (26/10/11) starting at about 4pm., a group of visiting ringers will ring a peal on Holy Trinity's bells. It is about 2 years since a peal was last rung.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2011, 09:07:46 pm »
Pleased to say the peal was successfully rung at Holy Trinity. Three hours is a long time!

An earlier attempt by the same group of ringers failed at Porthmadog because of all things, a rope broke.
The group will be staying in Llandudno overnight and will attempt to ring peals at Bangor and Beaumaris tomorrow.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2011, 05:37:45 pm »
Congratulations to the ringers.  I could hear them from the Great Orme and it sounded good. 

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2011, 09:42:40 am »
Unfortunately the peal attempt at Bangor failed but the short tour finished successfully at Beaumaris on Thursday afternoon.

For a picture and more details see www.llandudno-parish.org.uk