Author Topic: Michael ( Mike ) Cox  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Michael ( Mike ) Cox
« on: September 18, 2020, 01:22:05 pm »
I read in the NWWN this week that Mike died on the 9th September 2020.  he was formerly of Cambrian Drive Rhos On Sea but died at his home in West Wickham Kent
We had a forum member called Mike Cox from Llandudno who posted on here under the name Micox and he lived then in Norfolk.    Mike wasn't in good health when he lived in Norfolk and I was wondering whether anyone knew if he is the same person as the one in the obituary notice

Offline Bri Roberts

Re: Michael ( Mike ) Cox
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 02:10:43 pm »
Hugo. I believe our Michael Llywelyn Cox was still posting yesterday on social media.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 02:26:19 pm »
Thanks Bri, as I don't do anything on social media I was unaware of his postings.  I take it the posting was from the same Mike Cox who posts on here
Micox hasn't posted on here for a while so I was concerned when I saw the notice.   We both lived in Cwm Place when we were single and his father and mine were very good mates
My thoughts also go out to the family who lost the other Mike Cox

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 02:58:37 pm »
Bri,  I never knew that Mike's middle name was Llywelyn but I've traced his birth to the Q ened Sept 1938.     It was good to hear that he's still active on the social media and he helped a lot of people on here who were searching for their Jones ancestors       $good$

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 07:24:51 pm »
Hugo, even though Mike lives away he regularly contributes to Llandudno matters on social media..

For further reassurance, it may help you to know Mike is a former pupil of JBGS and is also musically talented.

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 11:27:13 am »
I was  friend of Mike and the other members of the ‘Blue Notes’ Jazz group in my teenage years, Mike played the Clarinet, I remember him practicing in his bedroom in Cwm Place hour after hour, which is why he became an accomplished player
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 11:51:51 am »
You lived nearer to him Quiggs but we could hear him too and we lived at the far end of Cwm Place.     

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 05:15:21 pm »
 {}{}Yes I'm still here but I'm not sure I'm alive and certainly not kicking! Good to hear from you Eric. BY the way, my birthday is 5th June, 1938. That made it difficult for Hughie Hughes, Head of Dyffryn Road School as he had to keep me in his class for a further year before the 11+.  $3towns$
Micox

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 09:32:37 am »
It's good to hear that your demise has been greatly exaggerated Mike           $good$

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 12:24:08 pm »
Great to hear from you Mike, you’ve been conspicuous by your absence, are you still playing ? 
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 03:38:30 pm »
 +}}{--Hi Eric. Rusty hinges creaking (arthritis) so fingers won't do what I tell them to anymore. Sax, clarinet and flute now laid to rest (and my God are they thankful for it!) Life without music isn't life though so I've bought a tramboon and I'm teaching my self to play that (much to the disgust and agitation of my wife and the neighbours) - hand and arm only needed. Hope you and Sheila are OK. $walesflag$
Micox

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2020, 07:15:18 pm »
Hi, yes we are OK for a pair of old Codgers, there’s not many of us left. Perhaps you could gat a supply of ear plugs for all near you.  &shake&
Dictum Meum Pactum