Author Topic: Covid restrictions enforcement  (Read 87590 times)

Offline Dave

Re: Covid restrictions enforcement
« Reply #615 on: October 01, 2021, 01:22:45 pm »
Hugo, with all due respect, you might be losing touch.
You might be referring to the police as they were maybe a decade ago.
The police are now a shadow of what they were, response times are probably worse than the ambulance service, and the quality of what they achieve is pretty abysmal.

A decade ago I witnessed three men climbing over the rear entrance of what is now Blind veterans but then was an empty building. They had been stripping out the building of lead and other desirable scrap. I was in my car and dialled 999. The person who answered despatched a police vehicle to investigate and meanwhile I offered to follow them in the car while keeping contact with the 999 telephonist. A flat back pick up emblazoned with the name of a builders merchant in Rhyl went past and I mentioned this to the operator. Was this there to pick up the ill gotten gains? One of the men was on the phone and the van kept on going. I realised I had been "clocked'! Anyway, I continued to follow but lost them briefly before finding them talking to the van driver, who once more on seeing me took off.
The police arrived, one officer came over to my car and told me I was free to go now..they knew who these men were. The other officer was laughing and joking with them further up the road which I though peculiar. I wasn't asked for a statement and the policeman seemed disinterested in the departed pickup van.
The main buildings of what was previously the Medical Centre had security guards but not many I wouldn't think. The raid had been on the outbuildings at the rear. The men had left their tools behind, damning evidence had the police been bothered to investigate. The thieves came back the next night to collect their tools and their booty. The security guard on duty phoned the police and was told that it was his responsibility to do something, not theirs.
They got away scot-free and in the knowledge the police were not interested in them or their connection with a Builders Merchant in Rhyl. Who knows what else they got up to.
I was appalled at this lack of duty by our local force, and not for the first time either. I think they are a disgrace to their uniform, there seems to be a culture of don't give a damn in Llandudno that has been going on for years.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #616 on: October 01, 2021, 01:40:12 pm »
Interesting Dave.  I had a vaguely similar Llandudno experience a few years ago. I witnessed a speeding boy racer "jump" a temporary traffic light whilst it was on red.  There was a police car parked up in an adjacent pub car park with two PCs presumably having a break.  I mentioned this incident which took place a couple of minutes before and even provided the registration number.  The response was: you'll have to go to court as a witness!  I said that wouldn't be an issue for me. They drove off and never even asked for my details.  Minor compared with Dave's incident but tends to support the general way things have gone.

Anyone remember the 1970s when we had a chief inspector, two inspectors, four shift beat sergeants plus a supporting cast of constables with no shaven heads or visible tattoos and all properly uniformed.  Usually you could always find one in the doorway of the Midland or NatWest banks. And only one van to service the lot! There was also a local CID detachment headed by a DCI who used to drink in the Albert.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #617 on: October 03, 2021, 07:01:47 pm »
It was not long ago that the local police held community meetings in CyD Community Centre to find out what was troubling our neighbourhood.

It was nothing to have well over 100 residents in attendance.

Later, the meetings were held in St David’s Church Hall.

They became smaller and smaller because only those who attended the last meeting were invited to the next one.

These days, I cannot remember the last time I saw a uniformed policeman walking down Mostyn Street.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #618 on: October 13, 2021, 06:32:59 pm »
I recently posted about so many people not wearing masks at the Llandudno Asda store where nearly half the shoppers did not wear the mandatory face mask.
This week I was in Marks and Spencers and spent some time in the store and only saw one person there without a mask.     M & S has no security guard to monitor the people coming in to their store so why is Asda so bad? 
I wonder what it is like in other stores

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #619 on: October 14, 2021, 10:05:22 am »
Perhaps they are older, and value life a bit more.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #620 on: October 14, 2021, 11:20:48 am »
I was in Aldi early on Monday morning and didn't see anyone minus a mask. Perhaps the non mask wearers aren't there before 10am!?? They do have a notice on the door saying that masks must be worn.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #621 on: October 14, 2021, 02:19:13 pm »
Bodnant Garden shop staff respectfully ask non mask wearers to put them on & rightly so. Conwy Town is a nightmare at the moment, hardly anyone wearing a mask especially by the visitors & as the streets are very narrow is a high risk in my opinion.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #622 on: October 14, 2021, 02:38:56 pm »
It is such a simple thing to do, most of the rules have been relaxed, and it is a small inconvenience to ensure they stay relaxed, and I am surprised more people are not using them against the promised highly infectious Flu season, which has already started in some areas.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #623 on: October 15, 2021, 11:09:00 am »
I just can't understand people's attitude when it comes to wearing masks or having the Covid vaccination.    Apart from the fact that it's law in Wales to wear a mask in shops, people wear masks to protect other people as well as themselves,      Why don't people obey the law and wear mask?    Are they just being defiant, ignorant or stupid or a combination of all three?
I know friends who have said that " Oh Covid's only like a mild dose of flu or there's as much chance of getting run over by a bus than catching Covid"  which is just a stupid remark
I read this very sad article in the Daily Post yesterday and was a bit hesitant about posting it on here but this is the reality of Covid and I hope that the doubters think twice about their behaviour

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/mum-three-hands-feet-amputated-21853888

Offline SteveH

« Reply #624 on: October 19, 2021, 10:40:25 am »
A report from SW police, does show no matter how much you give advice to people, to help save their lives, there are those that seem to know better, so covid advice, such as mask wearing has no chance,

Partnership working in #Rhydyfelin this morning educating motorists.
31 people not wearing a seatbelt, 3 issued with Traffic Fines, 5 people given suitable advise and 1 person dealt with for no licence and insurance, a good mornings work.
@SWP_Roads

@SWFRSRoadSafety

@RCTCouncil
 #roadsafety ^6238

Offline SteveH

« Reply #625 on: October 20, 2021, 10:49:45 am »
Covid: Bring back rules amid rising cases, urge NHS chiefs             

Some Covid restrictions must immediately be reintroduced to avoid "stumbling into a winter crisis", health leaders have warned.

The NHS Confederation said a back-up strategy, or Plan B, which includes mandatory face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces, should be implemented.

UK cases have been rising sharply but deaths are well below the winter peak.

Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng said it was not time for Plan B yet and urged greater uptake of booster jabs.

He said he did not want further lockdowns or to jeopardise the "hard-won gains" of reopening the economy.   (Then why not masks) 

"I don't want to inject any hint of complacency but I think so far our approach is working" he said, pointing to lower rates of hospital admissions and deaths than in earlier waves of infection.

Daily Covid cases have been above 40,000 for seven days in a row, with 43,738 new infections reported on Tuesday, and the number of patients in hospital rose by 10% in a week to 7,749 on Monday.

Another 223 deaths were recorded, the largest number since since March, although daily figures are often higher on Tuesdays.

cont https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58976577

Offline Hugo

« Reply #626 on: October 29, 2021, 07:42:00 pm »
Has stupidity sunk to another level?                                 &shake&

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/anti-mask-councillors-supporters-force-22008398

Offline SteveH

« Reply #627 on: October 30, 2021, 09:45:55 am »
In Councillor Philip Appleton case, definitely, he is not fit to be in a position of authority and decision making for others.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #628 on: October 30, 2021, 12:30:46 pm »
Covid: Are people wearing masks less often?

How many people are wearing masks?
The proportion of people wearing masks has steadily declined.

Between 18 July and 17 October, the percentage of people in England, Scotland and Wales who said they had worn a face covering outside their home in the past seven days dropped 13 percentage points, according to a survey by the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

Of respondents over the age of 16, 95% said they had worn a mask in the week before remaining social distancing restrictions were lifted. By mid-October, this was down to 82%.

A similar trend was found by the polling company YouGov.

Between 15 July and 22 September there was an 12-point drop (from 72% to 60%) in the number of people in the UK who said they were "wearing a face mask when in public places".

Both surveys relied on people saying whether or not they had worn masks. It is possible some people said they done so when they had not.

Older people were more likely to support mask wearing, according to the ONS.

Among over-70s,92% thought wearing a mask was important to slow the spread of Covid. However, only 80% of 16-29 year-olds thought the same.

cont  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58979626

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #629 on: October 30, 2021, 05:52:57 pm »
In Councillor Philip Appleton case, definitely, he is not fit to be in a position of authority and decision making for others.

It’s not right that the aggressive minority like this councillor, can disrupt normal life and normal business in this way.
Something HAS to be done about those who won’t comply with reasonable requirements, because if there aren’t consequences for the disobedient minority, there is simply no point having the laws and guidelines at all.

Last week on the promenade, I was delayed and intimidated by the loony anti vax brigade, but despite these guys breaking the law, if I react badly to them, then it’s me that’s in trouble.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -