Author Topic: Covid restrictions enforcement  (Read 87633 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Covid restrictions enforcement
« Reply #255 on: July 10, 2020, 03:43:03 pm »
I wish I had confidence in this government, knowing that they had researched all the information, before allowing this access, after months of lockdown it would be a disgrace.

Coronavirus: Quarantine rules end for dozens of destinations.

Travellers arriving in the UK from dozens of countries no longer have to self-isolate for two weeks from Friday.

The rules are being relaxed for arrivals from 75 countries and British overseas territories.

However, Scotland still requires people travelling from Spain to quarantine - unlike England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

The Foreign Office's advice against taking a cruise holiday remains in place.

From Friday morning, people arriving in the UK from France, Italy, Belgium, Germany and dozens of other countries will no longer have to spend 14 days in quarantine.

cont  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53358870

Offline SteveH

« Reply #256 on: July 11, 2020, 10:55:17 am »
Written by Matthew Davies                  https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/concerned-conwy-resident-launches-keep-left-campaign/

As lockdown restrictions begin to ease around the country, UK residents have been attempting to return to normality, visiting loved ones, using non-essential businesses and resuming their usual routines amidst a new socially-distanced Britain.

However, many have been failing to adhere to the 2 metre distance rule, with some individuals choosing to ignore the government restrictions as they go about their daily lives.

This phenomenon has been noticed by 60-year-old Mark Hawksworth, from Conwy in North Wales, who felt concerned after going for a walk along the sea front near Rhos-On-Sea where he witnessed members of the public occupying both sides of the pathways and not abiding to any form of social distancing.

Mark, who has type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, was forced to evade these post-lockdown revellers and was left feeling disconcerted by the experience.

Rather than complain, Mark has acknowledged the difficulties that this new system presents to the public and has proposed an intelligent solution.

In an attempt to offer local government bodies with a practical method of addressing his concerns, Mark has launched a 'Keep Left' campaign, suggesting that a simple adherence to keeping left while out in public could potentially solve a lot of these issues.

Mark said: "We had people on both sides of the path, families taking up the whole path, dogs going in all directions and people generally not keeping any distance.

"While watching the elderly and clinically vulnerable people, you could see the panic in their faces. It is going to get a lot worse with all the tourists coming back and anything to help reduce any more spikes is worth a try. A lot of the pathways are quite narrow so a social distance of even 3 feet is awkward. A polite 'Please Keep Left' should not upset anybody".
Mark hopes that the 'Keep Left' campaign will find traction with UK residents, as well as any government organisers that can help ensure that it is implemented nationwide.

Mark came up with the idea after remembering his last holiday in Spain where local citizens adhere to the left side of sea front pathways.

Mark said: "This would apply to push bikes and scooters as well. As we are a nation of left hand drivers, I believe a simple keep left message could become the new norm to help in distancing".

"We already drive on the left and cycle paths are marked to keep left, so it is already built into us to go left. We just need reminding occasionally and on very busy walkways. Simple signs saying 'Please Keep Left' could help".

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #257 on: July 11, 2020, 07:27:29 pm »
I wish Mark all the luck in the world in getting his very sensible keep left message out to the General Public, but after watching them in action today he might as well suggest juggling soot. After our very successful lock down it was very disconcerting to see large groups mingling around without a care in the world. It reminded me of Florida over their Holiday Weekend, I just hope we don't end up paying the same price.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #258 on: July 19, 2020, 02:28:13 pm »
Here they come again, the covidiots have descended on Snowdonia.     Apparently the Pen Y Pass car park was full at 3.00 am today!   Then they started illegally parking cars on the road leading up to Snowdon
All we can hope is that they leave no litter behind and pay their parking fines on time

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/snowdonia-parking-warning-huge-crowds-18623325

Offline SteveH

« Reply #259 on: July 19, 2020, 04:09:32 pm »
Here they come again, the covidiots have descended on Snowdonia.     Apparently the Pen Y Pass car park was full at 3.00 am today!   Then they started illegally parking cars on the road leading up to Snowdon
All we can hope is that they leave no litter behind and pay their parking fines on time
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/snowdonia-parking-warning-huge-crowds-18623325

Hugo, I assume you have seen this but, just in case........

Campers trash Anglesey beauty spot with abandoned tents, barbecues and litter.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/campers-trash-anglesey-beauty-spot-18622782

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #260 on: July 19, 2020, 04:26:49 pm »
Makes you wonder what they live in.!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #261 on: July 19, 2020, 10:16:46 pm »
I'l bet it's neat and tidy, because they leave their rubbish somewhere else as in the photo.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #262 on: July 20, 2020, 09:43:33 am »

Offline DVT

« Reply #263 on: July 20, 2020, 04:15:58 pm »
Just returned from a nice enjoyable run up Conwy Valley, down to Llanberis and back via Bethesda - wife's car had not moved since lockdown began so it needed a good run - I did check everything yesterday.

Quite a few cars parked at Pen-y-Pass but no traffic problems, as there was yesterday.  There were more at Llyn Ogwen.

However, there was a queue of people trying to get to the summit of Snowdon - see pic !!!

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #264 on: July 20, 2020, 04:39:44 pm »
Does social distancing not apply above a certain height?

Offline SteveH

« Reply #265 on: July 20, 2020, 04:50:56 pm »
Snowdonia tourists 'laugh at £30 parking fines'
Call for action after Pen-y-Pass became nearly unpassable when hundreds of tourists descended at weekend.

Emergency talks will be held in light of "shocking" scenes which have prompted calls to speed up efforts to tackle parking problems at a Snowdonia beauty spot.

Police were called to deal with serious parking issues on Sunday with a reported 500 cars partially blocking mountain roads in Eryri (Snowdonia), leading to confirmation this morning that emergency talks will be held to find a way forward.

Cont   https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/snowdonia-tourists-laugh-30-parking-18628431

Offline DVT

« Reply #266 on: July 21, 2020, 09:31:46 am »
That pic of mine a couple of posts ago was taken from the viewing point on the road from Pen-y-Pass down towards Beddgelert - so I was three miles away (social distancing to the extreme!).

While I was there three people who appeared to be a TV team were filming - chap with big camera, chap with big microphone and young lady being interviewed - they were all talking Welsh.  Did anyone see anything on TV?  I suspected it may have been to do with the issues that are arising from the number of visitors.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #267 on: July 21, 2020, 02:55:53 pm »
Great long shot, DVT .........here's a new video showing how bad it was on the road........

New video shows Snowdonia chaos as 500 hundred cars bring Pen-y-Pass to a standstill
A video shot by a local resident showed the scale of the problem

"It's absolutely disgusting. I'm ashamed of people, that they would do something as dangerous as this. I've never seen anything like this in my life."

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/new-video-shows-snowdonia-chaos-18634774

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #268 on: July 21, 2020, 07:00:53 pm »
Why don't people filming with mobiles hold them horizontally instead of vertically? We'd see a full image that way, instead of this odd, slot-shaped picture.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DVT

« Reply #269 on: July 21, 2020, 09:54:23 pm »
Would that work ... whenever phone clips are shown on TV they have the fuzzy sides due to being held vertical.  I would have thought if it could be done then TV companies would sort it before using in news bulletins and suchlike.

... or would you have to be lying down or hold your head to one side to see the pics properly?

... I have the same "complaint" about people taking photos of people with a camera.  Usually held landscape but generally would be better held portrait!  I often get asked to take photos of families when at work in Bodnant so usually take both landscape (to get the scenery in) and portrait to concentrate on the people.