Author Topic: Covid restrictions enforcement  (Read 87349 times)

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
Re: Covid restrictions enforcement
« Reply #225 on: June 08, 2020, 07:45:28 pm »
Looking on flight radar flights in/ out of Dublin nearly every day from Bejing are they not having the checks 🤔

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #226 on: June 10, 2020, 01:43:41 am »
Looking on flight radar flights in/ out of Dublin nearly every day from Bejing are they not having the checks 🤔

Are they not nearly all cargo flights Norm?   Importing of goods is still going on, and needs to go on.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Covid restrictions
« Reply #227 on: June 19, 2020, 12:07:20 pm »
Coronavirus: UK's Covid-19 alert level reduced from four to three
29 minutes ago

The UK's coronavirus alert level has been downgraded from four to three, its chief medical officers have said.

Under level three, the virus is considered to be "in general circulation" and there could be a "gradual relaxation of restrictions".

Previously transmission was considered to be "high or rising exponentially".

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said the change was "a big moment for the country" and showed that the government's plan was working.
cont  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53106673

Offline SteveH

« Reply #228 on: June 19, 2020, 02:46:09 pm »
Second piece today....... Two views on today's rule changes, best of luck ..................

Coronavirus latest as First Minister announces changes in Wales      Full list of all the lockdown rules that have changed in Wales explained

Pioneer    https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18528097.coronavirus-latest-first-minister-announces-changes-wales/

Daily post https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/full-list-lockdown-rules-changed-18451071

Offline SteveH

Re: Covid restrictions
« Reply #229 on: June 20, 2020, 11:28:31 am »
Arriva

Offline SteveH

« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2020, 02:50:02 pm »
The full list of all the Wales lockdown changes that will come into force tomorrow
The Welsh Government has announced a series of measures will come into effect tomorrow across Wales on June 22

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/full-list-wales-lockdown-changes-18459176

Offline SteveH

« Reply #231 on: June 25, 2020, 02:36:19 pm »
Seems to bring out a lot of selfish people...........something to look forward to !

Thousands of people flocked to the Dorset coast as temperatures soared, leading to a "complete breakdown of decent, normal behaviour".

Bournemouth Beach was packed on Wednesday and roads to Durdle Door were closed after people failed to use the pre-booking system.

There were reports of anti-social behaviour, illegal parking, piles of litter, overnight camping and gridlock.

Visitors are urged to "act responsibly" on the second day of the heatwave.

Full article https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-53176717

Offline llandudnotrust

• Management board member
« Reply #232 on: June 25, 2020, 03:19:51 pm »
Setting up a Light Show on the Prom. Strange thing to do during lockdown

Offline SteveH

« Reply #233 on: June 26, 2020, 01:33:12 pm »
Seems to bring out a lot of selfish people...........something to look forward to !

Thousands of people flocked to the Dorset coast as temperatures soared, leading to a "complete breakdown of decent, normal behaviour".
Bournemouth Beach was packed on Wednesday and roads to Durdle Door were closed after people failed to use the pre-booking system.
There were reports of anti-social behaviour, illegal parking, piles of litter, overnight camping and gridlock.
Visitors are urged to "act responsibly" on the second day of the heatwave.
Full article https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-53176717

Looks like Colwyn Bay beach, had the same type of morons, a warning on social media, this morning about broken glass on the prom/steps/sand .

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #234 on: July 02, 2020, 03:37:49 pm »
The wife and I went out to do our once a week shopping this morning. When we got back a large white Sprinter Van was parked right where we normally unload. What was more unusual was the fact the front wheels were up on chocks and 2 bicycles had been unloaded from what turned out to be a camper van and were propped up on my back fence. As we brought our shopping in my wife saw the man who's van it was and asked him if he was aware Wales was still in lock down. Yes he replied.

When I went out to Park the Car, his young son saw me photographing the number plate of the Van. Next thing the man came out and asked if there was anything wrong. Yes I replied, Wales is still in lock down, you are English, you and your family shouldn't be here, putting us at risk with your unlawful traveling and I shall be passing your van registration on to North Wales Police. Well you've never seen anyone pack up and move on as quickly as they did.

Having different regulations for different parts of the UK is certainly causing problems
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #235 on: July 02, 2020, 05:41:13 pm »
Well done Blongb,           $good$   

I cannot believe that the family did not  know the rules applying to Wales and if they could do that then they could do other things too.
As a matter of interest did you do a car tax check on the vehicle

Offline SteveH

« Reply #236 on: July 02, 2020, 05:53:23 pm »
Well done Blongb,  this relaxing of the rules will work if the new rules are observed, pity a lot have to be reminded.

Offline DVT

« Reply #237 on: July 02, 2020, 07:24:46 pm »
There are some locals who don't comply with the 5 mile rule ... cyclists going for a 50 mile ride, and on roads that are closed to the public.  Unfortunately no registration numbers on bikes, but some publish their routes on Facebook.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #238 on: July 02, 2020, 08:17:29 pm »
I also know a number of locals who are breaking the 5 mile limit with cars and bikes  and they are getting away with it.   They think they are clever  by pushing the boundaries but in fact they are just selfish, stupid individuals who are not only risking their life but also the lives of others including their closest families.
I hope that the Police are also viewing Facebook too and can deal with these stupid idiots

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #239 on: July 03, 2020, 12:07:48 pm »
As a matter of interest did you do a car tax check on the vehicle

Yes I did Hugo, It was legal, Taxes and Insured.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)