Author Topic: Covid restrictions enforcement  (Read 85995 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Covid restrictions enforcement
« Reply #210 on: June 02, 2020, 02:14:43 pm »
Hugo, I believe this is well worthy of a referral to our local MP.

robin.millar.mp@parliament.uk

I hope you will consider it and let us all know the outcome in due course.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #211 on: June 02, 2020, 02:27:14 pm »
Hugo friends of mine were up happy valley yesterday 4 cars stopped by the cafe took pics got back in cars and moved the barriers that council have put up to drive up to the ski slope" the shouted it was closed, she phoned police I look at that tax checker and 2 off the cars had no valid tax, good luck If you contact Mr Millar.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #212 on: June 02, 2020, 03:00:10 pm »
Bri, believe me I would dearly love to do it, but I've sadly lost faith in the system.       No one will admit they have made a mistake and rectify it and we have a classic example of this locally with the CCBC and the ill fated West Shore

Norman,  I'm pleased that your friend phoned the Police and she has set a good example to everyone.   Apart from the tax those cars sound like they shouldn't be here anyway so well done to the lady.
The Police have a difficult job to do anyway so assistance from the public is always welcome for them
That car tax checker is a handy link and without generalising too much you can usually tell the ones who are likely to break the law

Offline Dave

« Reply #213 on: June 02, 2020, 05:29:34 pm »
I note that the NW Police Facebook page only seems to report drink and drug offences now. I have a feeling they have given up on trying to catch out people breaking the corvid restrictions, there are just too many to keep up with now.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #214 on: June 03, 2020, 01:39:46 am »
I took a walk to West Shore, through town, and back home via Happy Valley today...  during which I noted four large groups of people.
The first, about 15 strong, on West Shore beach, having food, drinks, buckets and spades everywhere.. locals?  Possibly... but certainly no social distancing going on.
A PCSO walked past and didn’t even wander over to enquire.
The second, on the beach at North Shore,  a family of 8 Chinese folk, again they were picnicking etc, and excitedly feeding the seagulls.... which suggested to me that they weren’t local.
In Happy Valley, a group of 6 Eastern Europeans, who struggled to decide if they should pay for parking, and where to go with the picnic boxes they hauled out of their SUV.
Lastly,  on the lawns of Happy Valley, a large group of Asians, with a huge array of food spread out across the blankets they had brought.
Taking pictures of each other in turn with the bandstand as a backdrop, and speaking in their own language.
If nothing official is being done, then all I can do is shake my head ruefully and go home.
By and large, lockdown has been pretty well observed in Llandudno... but today was an aberration.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2020, 08:26:20 am »
Fester they are saying Conwy is still bad and we can see why, yesterday by the links was back to normal the amount of cars, I've seen visitors from all over, ( how can you tell my wife says ) the click of the camera a pointing to places, yesterday evening elderly visitors out for a stroll didn't know where they were going admiring the goats.its getting too busy at the minute.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2020, 12:54:07 pm »
They say that the A55 is the Coronavirus corridor for North Wales and from what Norman and Fester have both said today you can see why.
If these people are not day trippers then where are they staying as most places are closed?
That PCSO on the West Shore was at fault in not approaching that group of people and if he or she is not doing their duty properly then there is no point in them being there.       On the few times I have been in Llandudno recently I have seen more Police vehicles than usual going around the town but there is a limit on what they can do and they need public intelligence more than ever.
We did have a member of the Police on the forum some time ago and it's a shame that they are no longer on it as they could gain a lot of vital info from the forum members

Offline Hugo

Offline Dave

« Reply #218 on: June 05, 2020, 12:59:35 pm »
I have had my touring caravan up for sale on a web site for quite some time and suddenly I'm getting quite a bit of interest. All of it from England, all want to come and look. All are told they can't, one said I'm only just over the border in Shropshire and I'm allowed to travel if it's to buy something. I told him that he would likely get stopped on the way and almost definitely if he was towing it back to England. He suggested his daughter could instead as she lives in Wales.... Welshpool !
Some people just don't get it do they!
That said it's time Wales relaxed some of their rules now, they are just trying to look independent from Westminster and in my opinion not doing the best of jobs either.
In my opinion, introduce legislation that says you must wear a mask when in an indoor public place unless you work there, then you can make a choice. First though, let's make sure there's a readily available of proper masks available for purchase as soon as possible. None of this wrapping a handkerchief around your face.
This virus can only survive if humans allow it to spread and if everyone sticks to the distancing and protection required then it will die.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: June 05, 2020, 02:11:44 pm »
Well, viruses aren't actually alive. Therein lies half the problem.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Dave

« Reply #220 on: June 05, 2020, 03:45:54 pm »
Well, viruses aren't actually alive. Therein lies half the problem.

OK, if you want to be pedantic I wasn't actually dying to go the toilet. Let's say the virus ceases to exist rather than dies. It certainly doesn't pass anyway, which is also the sensitive way some people prefer to refer to death which is kind of ironic don't you think?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #221 on: June 05, 2020, 06:35:37 pm »
The reason I pointed out that it doesn't live is because that's actually what makes it so difficult to eradicate. Outside of body cells they exists only as strands of DNA or RNA.  When they infect a cell, they force it to reproduce copies of the thing, but this is all happening at a sub-microscopic scale.

Because they're not alive, we can't kill them, and the only thing we can do is train our immune systems to recognise the type of RNA/DNA strand and reject it. That's why Covid-19 is so deadly.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 02:37:27 pm by Ian »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #222 on: June 06, 2020, 12:16:08 pm »
An article in yesterday's Daily Mirror had the heading  "  Coronavirus Crisis:  Bug link to warfare site "  with a large heading saying  " Weapon escaped from Lab "   and quoting an intelligence expert saying " it's highly probable Covid came from virology centre.
It's a frightening thought but anything is possible in this world nowadays, even Trump blurted that same message out in one of his rants some weeks ago and we only have to remember the incidents in Salisbury with the Russians as an example of what can happen

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #223 on: June 08, 2020, 10:44:29 am »
BBC and Pioneer stories on new self isolation, this is a major point in going forward safely, and needs to be enforced, as other countries have done.

New rules requiring all people arriving in the UK to self-isolate for 14 days have come into effect.

Those arriving by plane, ferry or train - including UK nationals - must give an address where they will self-isolate. Rule breakers will be fined.

Home Secretary Priti Patel has said the laws were designed "to prevent a second wave" of coronavirus.

But the boss of Ryanair has said the rules are a "political stunt" and are not a quarantine.

Michael O'Leary told the BBC: "You could be in Sainsbury's, you could be on the beach, you could be on the golf course in the unlikely event the Home Office calls you - all they will have is a mobile number."

He claimed even the Home Office acknowledged the rules were unenforceable.

cont   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52959118

Two-week quarantine rules for UK arrivals come into force.
https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18502525.two-week-quarantine-rules-uk-arrivals-come-force/

PS
Can I avoid quarantine by flying to the UK via Ireland? And other questions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51176409

Offline Hugo

« Reply #224 on: June 08, 2020, 11:06:09 am »
I saw the interview with Michael O'Leary on TV and to be fair to him he put some points across which were quite valid and the law would appear to be unenforceable
It could be argued that the England government need to put their own house in order tp prevent a second wave of Coronavirus and make it clear about not being able to travel to Scotland or Wales at this moment in time