Author Topic: Covid restrictions enforcement  (Read 87532 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Covid restrictions enforcement
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2020, 10:23:42 am »
This is a non news story, but worth a read, despite there being mitigating circumstances, this person took offence at being given advice by the police, to the point of contacting a newspaper, made worse by the DP printing it, I got the sense she is making up her own rules.....

Dog walker 'made to feel like criminal' during beach walk with pet
Police say they have to make sure people are complying with Covid-19 measures

"Having explained that my partner and I live locally and have no garden to exercise our dog, I was told I shouldn't have driven to the beach but should have walked there instead as it would only take five minutes, as he said he knew where I lived.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/dog-walker-made-feel-like-18057031

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2020, 12:31:16 pm »
Hi Norman08,  hope that you and the family are keeping safe and well but would you please have a word with your relatives in Rhuddlan about social distancing.          ;D

Offline Hugo

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2020, 02:16:57 pm »

Dog walker 'made to feel like criminal' during beach walk with pet
Police say they have to make sure people are complying with Covid-19 measures

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/dog-walker-made-feel-like-18057031

Well technically she was a criminal and breaking the law.       What part of the law doesn't she understand?     There is too much of this  "it's only me " attitude so if she does it again then she can't complain about receiving a fine

Offline Hugo

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2020, 09:58:27 am »
Coronavirus: 'Vigilante' worries for second home owners.      This type of thing shouldn't happen if people follow the rules, it's not exactly rocket science
This weekend will be a good indicator to see if people are taking advice from the Government and if the idiots don't heed the warnings then this lockdown will continue for a lot longer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52222777

Offline Hugo

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2020, 02:25:13 pm »
Another family of idiots in a camper van.      There is no excuse now as everyone must have heard the message, perhaps it's time for action rather than talk and fine the lot of them who put other lives in danger

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/coronavirus-camper-van-occupants-travelling-18068112

Offline SteveH

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2020, 04:30:45 pm »
Hugo, Thank goodness it is a small minority, from today's WG statement .........

Public action is making significant difference

AG: "We are seeing significant decreases in public transmission, and I am grateful to the public for complying. This is what is making the greatest difference."

AG: "We've tried to be very clear in Wales that these mechanisms will have to continue.

"There is a COBRA meeting later today where the matter will be discussed further.

"We have clear Welsh Government arrangements and I take direction from them. I will await the outcome of the COBRA meeting later as well." ref Pioneer

Offline Hugo

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2020, 10:49:00 am »
Police to target day trippers amid virus lockdown

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52233618

Offline Hugo

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2020, 12:40:42 pm »
The web cam on the West Shore cafe is great to watch but it also shows that a few people are still driving to the West Shore either for a walk or to walk their dogs
I think more are parking their cars by the miniature railway as it is not so obvious there

Offline SteveH

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2020, 12:59:52 pm »
Hugo, just had a look, very quiet, 4 people various parts of the prom. as you say a few dog walkers, but generally looks as if most are following the guide lines.

DP photo piece on NW Police ...

Police erect 'ring of steel' around North Wales to deter Easter holidaymakers
Patrols have been set up on routes popular with tourists as the force ensures the 'stay at home' message is adhered to.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/gallery/police-erect-ring-steel-around-18073746

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2020, 03:05:34 pm »
I've been watching the A55 traffic cam feeds and they seem largely deserted.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2020, 04:44:58 pm »
Tîm Troseddau Cefn Gwlad HGC/ NWP Rural Crime Team

@NWPRuralCrime
Unbelievably we are investigating reports that people are sending their suitcases via courier with their clothes to holiday homes in Wales!
So if they get stopped enroute they are not found with them
Surely people aren't that selfish and cunning...are they?#StayHomeSaveLives

Offline Hugo

Offline Hugo

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2020, 08:57:00 am »

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2020, 10:09:27 am »
For different reasons, British Railways used to offer a Passengers' Luggage in Advance service.  If you were travelling by train, they would collect your luggage from home and deliver to your hotel or guest house with a corresponding pick-up at the end of the stay.  All for a fairly reasonable fee.  This was in an age till the 80s when we had trains with guards' vans and a Motor Parcels Vanman based at Llandudno who was employed almost full time on the work.  Llandudno station even boasted a now-demolished extension into the goods yard known as the "PLA shed" where the many cases were stored on their inward and outward journeys.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2020, 10:13:20 am »
Arrogant idiot in Aberffraw
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/moment-anglesey-farmer-confronts-jaguar-18075784
I do hope the police deal with him, he looks as if he should know better. $angry$