Author Topic: Covid restrictions enforcement  (Read 87357 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Covid restrictions enforcement
« Reply #495 on: February 12, 2021, 12:07:52 pm »
North Wales Police to take action amid concerns snow and half term will encourage lockdown breaches
The force said it would be stopping people to check what they were up to
      I'm sure that despite the warning you'll still get the selfish Covidiots breaking the rules this weekend

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/north-wales-police-take-action-19823874

Offline Hugo

« Reply #496 on: February 12, 2021, 04:39:38 pm »
Home Office minister Victoria Atkins said the rules would be "amongst the strongest in the world".             &shake&

Who is she kidding, there not even the strongest in Europe

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #497 on: February 13, 2021, 02:01:33 pm »
Llandudno Police checking for essential travel only .................... ref FB

Offline Hugo

« Reply #498 on: February 14, 2021, 11:43:01 am »
Very nice to watch but what is the difference between not driving somewhere to start your exercise and driving to Caerwys to skate?

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/watch-figure-skater-glide-across-19833216

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #499 on: February 14, 2021, 11:56:16 am »
I didn't really see any evidence of the 'stunning spins'. Did anyone else?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #500 on: February 14, 2021, 12:54:07 pm »
I didn't really see any evidence of the 'stunning spins'. Did anyone else?

The Cops certainly didn't when she was having a spin from Prestatyn to Caerwys.         &shake&

Offline Dave

« Reply #501 on: February 14, 2021, 01:58:59 pm »

I find it surprising that people actually post that they have broken lockdown rules on public forums but since I think they have been too rigid in the first place I understand why.

Am I the only person to suffer from a flat car battery in lockdown? I have 4 times now due to taking the car no further than Craig-y-Don to Aldi and back. I walked to Halfords in search of a particular device I was after that would solve the problem. They were out of stock but the computer said there was one left at Bangor. I was quite prepared to drive there to pick it up too, shock, horror but it turned out they hadn't got one after all.

I managed to get started with the aid of a friend and drove to Llandulas to charge up again. I was surprised to find lots of cars parked alongside the river and when I asked a passing walker why he told me the police use the nearby community centre for meetings. I parked by the beach instead and had a quick walk enjoying the change of scenery. Covidiot? Perhaps but I wasn't anywhere near anyone else at any time. recent surveys have demonstrated that 53% of those who have caught the virus had recently been in a supermarket which doesn't surprise me. It's behaviour in those places that really needs policing, not those who drive a mile or two to the beach to walk their dog.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #502 on: February 14, 2021, 02:10:08 pm »
I suppose that's like saying you were only driving at 74 mph in a 70 mile limit so why should you get booked.   after all you've only broken the rules by a little bit

Rules are there for a purpose not for individuals to interpret them when it suits them

Offline Dave

« Reply #503 on: February 14, 2021, 02:32:41 pm »
 So, which part of my rule breaking is the heinous crime Hugo? Driving the car to charge the battery or getting out of it? Or both?

Offline Dave

« Reply #504 on: February 14, 2021, 02:33:59 pm »
PS Driving at 74mph in a 70mph limit and you won't get booked for speeding, that's certain!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #505 on: February 14, 2021, 02:42:20 pm »
So, which part of my rule breaking is the heinous crime Hugo? Driving the car to charge the battery or getting out of it? Or both?

Who said that you personally had broken the rules Dave?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #506 on: February 14, 2021, 02:45:55 pm »
PS Driving at 74mph in a 70mph limit and you won't get booked for speeding, that's certain!

That is a ridiculous statement Dave.       Are you under the misunderstanding that a 10%  excess allowance in the speed limit applies in every case?

Offline Dave

« Reply #507 on: February 14, 2021, 02:54:35 pm »

Who said that you personally had broken the rules Dave?

I must have done, exercise is supposedly taken only from home.

but I join the folk in the supermarket who have legitimately driven much further than I did to buy their groceries etc

Offline Dave

« Reply #508 on: February 14, 2021, 02:59:15 pm »

That is a ridiculous statement Dave.       Are you under the misunderstanding that a 10%  excess allowance in the speed limit applies in every case?

Find me one that has been booked then! It's called sensible interpretation of the rules. The same applies to everything covid related the trouble is we all have definitions of what's sensible and what's not. There are not many who can put their hand on their hearts and say they are 100% innocent of never having crossed the line even if only by a tiny tiny little bit. Go on tell me you are a saint!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #509 on: February 14, 2021, 03:09:38 pm »
I'm certainly no Saint Dave but Covid rule breaking can be playing with people's lives and I'm not going to play Russian Roulette with mine or anyone else's for that matter