Author Topic: Covid restrictions enforcement  (Read 86019 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Covid restrictions enforcement
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2020, 09:39:55 pm »
I'm told that two police cars were stopping people driving up on to the Great Orme today.

Is the Marine Drive closed properly now?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2020, 02:36:03 pm »
A week after "unprecedented" crowds at Wales' most popular places, people appear to "have got the message" they should stay home due to coronavirus.

The Welsh Government responded by imposing severe curbs on people's lives, with fines for disobeying.

It came after thousands of people clogged up national parks, parks and beaches despite warnings to stay home.
But with warnings all week and police out in force across Wales on Saturday, the crowds have stayed away.
Cont   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52078506

Offline SteveH

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2020, 11:11:22 am »
"Maybe he saw a window of opportunity."      &shake&

A driver flouted the coronavirus lockdown to pick up £15 windows with his wife in the boot of his car.
The man, who had bought the windows on eBay, was stopped by police on the M6 in Cheshire on Sunday after collecting his purchase in Salford.
His wife could not fit in the vehicle so she was travelling in the boot for the return journey

North West Motorway Police issued the man with a traffic offence report.
After the force tweeted news of the 220-mile round trip people reacted with a mixture of shock and disbelief .   refBBC

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2020, 11:13:36 am »
The driver was reported as wearing a glazed expression...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Dave

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2020, 01:52:26 pm »
He also said it was a set up for the benefit of the press...he'd been framed.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2020, 03:42:20 pm »
Me and our youngest went for our once-a-day walk earlier and decided to visit the Nationwide to have her interest added, which a counter assistant suggested she did when we were in there only a week ago.

I stayed outside even though it was completely empty inside the branch.

The gentleman at the counter refused to credit the interest on her account because he did not deem it as essential. :-}}}

Offline SteveH

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2020, 03:59:27 pm »
Me and our youngest went for our once-a-day walk earlier and decided to visit the Nationwide to have her interest added, which a counter assistant suggested she did when we were in there only a week ago.
I stayed outside even though it was completely empty inside the branch.
The gentleman at the counter refused to credit the interest on her account because he did not deem it as essential.

I bet if she was paying in, it would have been a different story.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2020, 04:22:01 pm »
Yes, I thought that SteveH.

I wonder what will happen if I walk in next Monday on the start of a new fiscal year wanting to top-up my Nationwide ISA with £20k.   ?{}?

Seriously, I did suggest she walk back in and ask to draw out £20 to buy milk and bread because her passbook would then be automatically updated.

Offline Dave

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2020, 06:02:36 pm »
At current interest rates £20 might have wiped out your interest !

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2020, 08:32:53 pm »
True, Dave.

She is still getting a massive 1.4% on her ISA at present but after two recent reductions in the bank rate just wait until the end of April to see rates soon drop.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2020, 10:08:57 am »
Mrs H and I, noticed the two trades below, going about there business, we agreed there was no problem, but did notice a lack of distance between customer and worker, bearing in mind the customers were elderly.

While scores of businesses and venues were forced to shut due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, questions have been raised about
professional gardeners/window cleaners and if they can still work.

The guidance for gardeners is clearer in Scotland, with Gov.scot explaining: “We know that for some – self-employed gardeners, window cleaners, or those working in rural areas – where there is no contact – if you can practise safely, then this could be good for the community, but safety and social distancing must come first.”
https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18346507.uk-lockdown-can-gardeners-still-work-need-know/

Offline SteveH

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2020, 04:41:57 pm »
I was telling my sister who lives in Brittany, about the hordes descending on North Wales, and our general news, her reply, looks like we are all in a similar position.

"What you've just described, happened in France. All those "town folk" flocked along to their "résidences secondaires", in the hope of finding freedom from the big cities, and of course, the hospitals were faced with the same dilemma !!!"

"has just arrived back from his weekly visit to the local supermarket, luckily, no food restrictions for the moment. And, from what he says, it's ever so well organized - very little contact with staff and other customers."

"All is well in Holland. I'm glad and relieved to say that xxxxxxxx is now working from home, xxx (bakery owner) still drives to his workplace and the boys seem to be managing their studies from home."

Offline Dave

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2020, 02:19:32 pm »
It had to happen, the world is falling down around us and I'm complaining about dog crap.
Come on all you dog owners, play the game and pick up after your dog even if you are off road on one of the many rural paths we are lucky enough to have around Llandudno.
Oh, and don't leave you poo bags on the pavement if the bin is taped up. You are not meant to use those bins for dog waste at any time.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2020, 02:01:16 pm »
Coronavirus: North Wales Police chief constable pulled over by his own officers

"This morning travelling to Wrexham to go out on patrol and pulled over by my own local policing officers, checking if his journey was essential. doing a great job, although their faces were a picture.    :-[                 "Keep up the good work."                       refDP

Offline SteveH

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2020, 01:01:25 pm »
Council asks walkers to keep dogs under control
Dogs have been forcing people to break social-distancing rules by jumping on people, a council says.

The incidents have been reported, after animals have been let off their leads.

In order to retrieve their pets owners have to break the rules, it says.

"We must stress the need for responsible dog ownership, especially during the coronavirus pandemic, and ask owners to keep their dogs under control at all times whilst out in public places.

"We would urge that all dog owners walk their dogs on leads, to maintain full control of their dogs whilst out in public places."