Author Topic: Hughes Family - Llandudno  (Read 22396 times)

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
Re: Hughes Family - Llandudno
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 05:16:03 pm »
There were Pullings/Pullins in Kings Road - in the first house past the flats going towards the Playnies. I can remember Frank and Habsie  in particular.
Micox

Offline jesshughes

• hey!
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 01:19:49 am »
I love that iv found this conversation! My Taid was Robert Hughes, son of tilly and Joe Hughes, brother of Dave, billy, jack norah and josie! Sadly my Taid has passed away, September 2010, jack still lives on conway road and norah lives down west shore, I would love to do a family tree but I wouldnt know where to start, also I would love to find out more about my family! My great nain tilly sounds like a brilliant charector, mum like my mother, joanne Hughes, daughter of Robert Owen hughes, please could you contact me? Thank you so much
;) jess Hughes!

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 09:09:55 am »
It may only be a coincidence but I once knew a Tilly Hughes who lived in Park Terrace, Deganwy during the fifties and she was a dinner lady at the local primary school.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 02:19:02 pm »
It may only be a coincidence but I once knew a Tilly Hughes who lived in Park Terrace, Deganwy during the fifties and she was a dinner lady at the local primary school.

It's not Tilly Hughes from Park Terrace because she was my Aunt and married to my Uncle Dave.
Jack Hughes once lived in Cwm Place where I lived and I got to know them there. Jack's wife sadly died not long after moving to Conwy Road, she may have come from Liverpool because I used to be a penfriend with Joan Vernon who may have been her younger sister.
Jack's son Tommy is still in the area and works in Craig Y Don.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 07:47:48 pm »
I love that iv found this conversation! My Taid was Robert Hughes, son of tilly and Joe Hughes, brother of Dave, billy, jack norah and josie! Sadly my Taid has passed away, September 2010, jack still lives on conway road and norah lives down west shore, I would love to do a family tree but I wouldnt know where to start, also I would love to find out more about my family! My great nain tilly sounds like a brilliant charector, mum like my mother, joanne Hughes, daughter of Robert Owen hughes, please could you contact me? Thank you so much
Hi and welcome to the forum! why don't you try genes reunited, that's how I got started and its very cheap.  Ancestry also do free trial periods

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 08:43:15 pm »

It's not Tilly Hughes from Park Terrace because she was my Aunt and married to my Uncle Dave.

Thank you, Hugo, for clarifying that.

I also remember Dave’s brother, Selwyn Hughes the builder, who built himself a house near Mr Buckley’s fish and chip shop.

Offline jennie.ross

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 06:12:20 pm »
Would that have been the Frank Pulling married to Lilly Pulling and they ran a B7B in Clifton Road - had two children Audrey Carol and Gareth.  Lilly was my Aunty Grace's best friend

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2012, 06:10:09 pm »
Hello Jess Hughes. I've just come back to this forum and I saw your posting. I've been in touch for some time now with Zoe who must be your sister and we've exchanged some information. Your Taid Bobby was my cousin and I knew him well. I also noticed in one of Suepp's postings she lists Joseph Hughes, Engine Fitter living in 20 Kings Road - that was bob's father (my uncle) - I remember him as fairly  old when I was kid - and he was married to Tillie Hughes (nee Stallard), one of my favourite Aunts - she was lovely, very earthy and coarsely funny. You could call it toilet humour since her job was attendant at the toilets at the end of the pier. There's also a lot of quite secluded and 'colourful' history there. But Zoe has been trying to find out more about Joe Hughes, your great grandfather and seeing him listed as an engine fitter (my guess would be with the railway LMS) could open more doors.

You're very welcome to give me a shout on e mail (Zoe has the address).

Heddwch.

Mike.   
Micox

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2012, 08:28:19 pm »
Would that have been the Frank Pulling married to Lilly Pulling and they ran a B7B in Clifton Road - had two children Audrey Carol and Gareth.  Lilly was my Aunty Grace's best friend

Yes this is the same Frank Pulling

Offline zxr

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2012, 12:42:16 am »
Hi,
Dilys was my grandmothers ( Lilian ) sister. I met Jack many times, he lived in Cardiff. Also I met Sarah a few times. I have many family photos of all of them. Sarah and Lil lived as OAPS on St Andrews Ave which is not far from Kings Road. I have Lilians wedding cert which lists her father, a Hughes, living on Kings Road, I think number 33. Dilys lived for many years with her family who survive her on the great orme. I believe her daughter, son in law, and two grandsons still live there. Hope his helps.

Offline georgehughes

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2014, 07:07:24 pm »
Hi my names is George Hughes I lived Kings Road Number 47.My Father was William Hughes born 1913.He had sisters called Lilly, Dilys,Sarah.Brothers George and Jack and some more do not know.I have four Brothers Billy,Tony,Me,Brain,Allen.My mother was called Kitty Hughes[ NEE Stallard]Jack Hughes moved from Llandudno to Cardiff after he come out of the army.And George Hughes was in the navy and is buried up the orme in the same grave as his parents.We have more info about other people in family  but just seen this add so if you want to know any more things let us know..

Offline georgehughes

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2014, 05:16:10 pm »
Hi my names is George Hughes I lived Kings Road Number 47.My Father was William Hughes born 1913.He had sisters called Lilly, Dilys,Sarah.Brothers George and Jack and some more do not know.I have four Brothers Billy,Tony,Me,Brain,Allen.My mother was called Kitty Hughes[ NEE Stallard]Jack Hughes moved from Llandudno to Cardiff after he come out of the army.And George Hughes was in the navy and is buried up the orme in the same grave as his parents.We have more info about other people in family  but just seen this add so if you want to know any more things let us know..

Offline zxr

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2019, 08:53:51 pm »
Here is a photo of Lil and Jack at the grave. Lilian was my late mother Gwen’s mother, my nain. Uncle Jack lived in Canton, Cardiff. Lil and Sarah lived on St Andrew’s Ave Llandudno. Lilian married Griffith and they had 6 kids, 3 girls 3 boys at Pendre, Bryn Pydew. ( Joyce, Dilys, Gwen, George, Derek, Edward ) Only Dilys and Edward are still alive. Uncle George moved to Aberaeron and had the 2nd largest family in Wales with 95 living descendants. ( this was featured on Welsh tv news ) Joyce and Edward moved to Stonehaven Scotland, and you have about 100 relatives up there too.
Kind regards.

Hi all, thanks for your help!!

I had a heads up for some help, saying that the Hughes I were looking for were buried together in the cemetery on the Orme, so i found the grave - how exciting!

Ive now found out that my grandmothers parents were called William Hughes (1880 - 1933) and Sarah Hughes (nee Jones) (1881 - 1957). Both born and married in Llandudno (in 1899). I think all this information is correct - especially locations, as I have looked at the 1901 and the 1911 census'.

In 1901 They lived in 9 Pen Y Ffrith Terrace Gt Orme, Llandudno. And although I know from the 1911 Census that they would have had children by then - they are not listed.

In 1911 they lived in 8 Pen y Ffrith Terrace, Gt Orme. They had the following children - Maggie (12), George (10), Gladys (10), Sarah Ann (8), Lily (6) and Edith (3). My grandmother was not born until 1920 (Dilys) and I know that they had another son, who we called Jack (after 1911), but cant find his birth record anywhere.

William Hughes worked as a brick layer and labourer for Mostyn Estates.

I am surprised as on the 1911 census it says that both Sarah and William and the children all spoke English and Welsh - although my Grandmother, their youngest child born in 1920 did not.

I think my next sept now is to get the birth and marriage certificates for Sarah and William - then I can try and go back even further. to their parents.
I think I might go to the archives and look up any building work and school indexes.

Does anyone know if I can find where this family lived after 1920? I would be interested as my Grandmother wasnt born at the time of the 1911 census.

Does anyone think that I can get these certificates for free anywhere - Its not like I actually want to keep them - just to look at the details and take down the information.

Offline zxr

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2019, 09:29:10 pm »
Lil with her husband Griffith Jones originally of Llangefni. Photos taken outside of Pendre, Bryn Pydew. Motorcycles have been very popular across the entire family, and still are!