Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 2070 times)

Yorkie

Insurance
« on: March 06, 2011, 04:15:50 PM »
Does anyone know where us oldies can get reasonably priced Travel Insurance?    The policies I have been offered so far seem to exclude absolutely everything and I have taken to asking them to explain exactly what I AM covered for.  This is met with a stoney silence.

Why do Insurers word their policies in such a way that it is difficult for the average person to even begin to understand the cover?

Maybe is time for Polices to be written in plain English (or Welsh).    $uk   $wales   ##   )*)&

brumbob

Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 04:28:02 PM »
Seeing as I'm not as ancient as you, I've no idea  L0L

but have you checked your House & Contents insurance, some policy's include travel insurance.

TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 05:08:30 PM »
Ours is covered as a paid for add on as part of our Bank Account but these might be worth a look.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Yorkie

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 05:28:51 PM »
My age is not covered by Banks.   The others looking for over 300 for an annual policy!    There is one cheap one available but cover is rather poor,  Reckon I'll have to go for that and use my savings if I need to be shipped home!!

Thanks anyway.

I wont be doing anything for a few days if anyone else has any ideas.

SteveH

• News Editor
Re: Insurance............Flood insurance help
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 11:00:44 AM »
I noticed a link at the end of this article, for households in flood-risk areas to be made more aware of the affordable insurance scheme "Flood Re." reading recent storm damage stories the number of people saying they were not insured was quite a shock, I was not sure if it was by choice or cost, so this might help.

Flood Re is a joint initiative between the Government and insurers. Its aim is to make the flood cover part of household insurance policies more affordable.  search Flood Re or link to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Main article
Flooded households can claim up to 1,000 emergency Welsh Government funding.