Author Topic: Ednie family in Craig y Don.  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Helig

• Management board member
Ednie family in Craig y Don.
« on: October 29, 2019, 10:29:42 am »
I wondered whether anyone has come across a member of the Ednie family in the Llandudno, or Craig y Don areas. In 1941 a Mrs Mary Ednie was living at 15 Roslin Gardens, Craig y Don. It hasn't been possible to trace any descendants of this family. Does anyone know of them at all?

The reason for asking for information is due to a project which is trying to find photos for people who are on the Roll of Honour in Langholm. There are also some being sought for people have connections with Langholm who received decorations in WW2. The person who is related to Mary Ednie is named Robert Vevers. He died as a result of a flying accident on 28/11/1940, aged 24. When he died, his next of kin was his sister, Mrs Mary Ednie.

Helig

Offline Hugo

Re: Ednie family in Craig y Don.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 09:22:45 am »
I have never heard of those two unusual names Helig but I hope that someone may come forward with the info that may help your search.
Robert Vevers was not in the 1939 Register but that was probably because he was already in the service and they would account for him separately
I note that there were only two Mary Ednie's on the 1939 Register, one in Hampshire and one in Wembley so perhaps she was relocated to Llandudno due to the war.

Last year I was in a similar position when I was looking for a photo of my late Uncle Gwyn who was killed in WW 2  and when I contacted the Army I was told that they probably did not have a photo in his service records but did say that if he had been an officer then the chances are that there would be a photo of him in the record

Having said that do you know if anyone from Langholm has approached the RAF to see if Robert's service records includes a photo of him in it?     

Offline Helig

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 11:02:08 am »
No, but the person with whom I am in contact has made a huge effort to find photos over a period of time. I will check with him.

Helig.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 11:32:39 am »
"Having said that do you know if anyone from Langholm has approached the RAF to see if Robert's service records includes a photo of him in it? "

From my experience the RAF did not have photo ID, however some WW 11 squadrons have Association web sites.