Author Topic: Fire service news and announcements  (Read 24305 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Fire service news and announcements
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2021, 02:04:51 pm »
Know what you mean ! Hapy Easter!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2021, 02:17:27 pm »
Here we go again------I'll get my gas mask ready ! $hands$

You won't need it all the time..........only on beautiful sunny days, when you are sitting in the the garden, and all your windows are open, airing the house.   ;)

I can picture the scene now

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2021, 02:52:05 pm »
Know what you mean ! Happy Easter!

Thank you Nem, and a Happy Easter to you, and all on the Forum.

Hugo, your cartoon is perfect, if a little to true, to life.   :(

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2021, 03:19:44 pm »
Oh dear I spoke too soon---, just been out of the back gate to walk Frizzy on the lane and could hardly breathe. Holy smoke again and on Easter Sunday. I'm not religious but surely today shouldn't be used for such ecumenical activities? Words fail me.!

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2021, 05:53:04 pm »
Oh dear I spoke too soon---, just been out of the back gate to walk Frizzy on the lane and could hardly breathe. Holy smoke again and on Easter Sunday. I'm not religious but surely today shouldn't be used for such ecumenical activities? Words fail me.!

Hmmm.  The bible's pretty specific about working on the Sabbath.

Exodus 35:2
Six days work shall be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

Numbers 15:32-41
While the people of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation. They put him in custody, because it had not been made clear what should be done to him. And the Lord said to Moses, “The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” And all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, as the Lord commanded Moses.

Exodus 31:14
You shall keep the Sabbath, because it is holy for you. Everyone who profanes it shall be put to death. Whoever does any work on it, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

There are a lot more, but you get the idea.

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2021, 06:10:50 pm »
There's more.  Selling your daughter into slavery is explicitly sanctioned by the bible,

Leviticus 18:22.
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination

Leviticus 11:6-8
And the hare, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.

So that's an end to all football and rugby played on Sunday.

Deuteronomy 22:11
You shall not wear cloth of wool and linen mixed together.  Another for the death penalty, this time by burning.

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2021, 06:15:35 pm »
While checking the above, I came across this - possibly the original email or letter from which many of the examples originate:

"Dear Dr. Laura,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's law. I have learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend homosexuality, for example, I will simply remind him or her that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other laws in Leviticus and Exodus and how to best follow them.

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Leviticus 1:9). The problem is my Neighbors. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. How should I deal with this?
        I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as stated in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
        I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Leviticus 15:19-24). The problem is, how can I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.
        Leviticus 25:44 states that I may buy slaves from the nations that are around us. A friend of mine claims that this applies to the Welsh, but not the Scots. Can you clarify?
        I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
        A friend of mine says that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Leviticus 10:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?
        Leviticus 20:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's Word is eternal and unchanging. "

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2021, 06:36:36 pm »
Excellent !

Perhaps as this person's usual Sunday occupation is not allowed at the moment, he sees this fire making as an alternative......or is he helping out with some other part of CCBC.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2021, 10:21:29 am »
Fire chiefs have urged people to be careful where they place glass objects after a mirror almost caused a house blaze.

A resident in Llandudno smelt smoke and spotted a smouldering window frame, which was due to a mirror left on a sill magnifying the sun.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service (NWFRS) chiefs shared a photo sent by the person to serve as a warning.

A statement from the service said: "Did you know mirrors or glass objects like bottles, vases or fish bowls left in direct sunlight can cause a fire?

"Thankfully the smouldering only affected the window frame – had there been material in the area the fire could have escalated very quickly."

This warning also applies to aerosol cans, which can explode if left in the sun.

Offline SteveH

Re: Firefighters’ Memorial Day
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2021, 01:34:56 pm »
FIRE stations across Conwy held a minute’s silence to remember firefighters who have lost their lives in the line of duty.

Firefighters’ Memorial Day takes place on Tuesday, May 4 with a one-minute silence at 12pm. North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said all its staff at stations across the region stopped to observe the commemoration.

The silence pays tribute to the ongoing dedication and commitment of firefighters in the UK and in British Overseas Territories, particularly those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

In a social media statement, North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said: “Today is Firefighters' Memorial Day. Our stations will join firefighters across the UK at midday in a minute's silence to reflect and remember friends, colleagues and all of those who have passed away in the line of duty.”

Mark Hardingham, chair of the National Fire Chiefs Council, said: “It is important we recognise the annual memorial day to pay tribute to those across the world who tragically lost their lives in the line of duty. Their bravery and ultimate sacrifice should be remembered, along with the impact on their families, friends and colleagues.

“Fire services across the country will come together to give thanks and commemorate the bravery of their colleagues and observe today’s minute’s silence.”

May 4 is also International Firefighters’ Day, which is known as St Florian’s Day in some countries, as St Florian is the patron saint of firefighters.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2021, 03:59:47 pm »
Not quite a Fire service story but it is a warning.

Disposable barbecue left sand so hot it ‘melted boy's foot like wax’

Warning: this article contains graphic images that some people may find distressing

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/disposable-barbecue-left-sand-hot-20733902

Offline SteveH

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2021, 09:30:27 am »
Not quite a Fire service story but it is a warning.

Disposable barbecue left sand so hot it ‘melted boy's foot like wax’

Warning: this article contains graphic images that some people may find distressing

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/disposable-barbecue-left-sand-hot-20733902

Another incident with the same horrific outcome, within day's of the one above.

Warning: this article contains graphic images that some people WILL find distressing

Dad's foot 'melted' after stepping on scorching sand where barbecue had been used on Gwynedd beach

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/dads-foot-melted-after-stepping-20753925

Offline SteveH

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2021, 01:23:18 pm »
THERE were three fires on Sunday caused by disposable barbecues put in bins.

North Wales Fire and Rescue attended the first incident at about 6.30pm. A disposable BBQ was put in bin on West Shore, Llandudno.

Just before 6pm, they were called to a disposable BBQ put in bin in Los Isallt, Trearddur Bay, and at 5.30pm, one in the bin on the promenade in Colwyn Bay.

A spokesperson from the fire service said: "We've been called to three incidents involving BBQs not being disposed of safely - remember after cooking, make sure your BBQ is cold before moving it. Empty ashes onto bare garden soil - never put them straight into a bin.

"Hot ashes can melt the plastic and cause a fire."

Offline SteveH

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2021, 09:54:54 am »
GORSE and bushes caught fire near a public garden in Llandudno.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service was called to the incident near Haulfre Gardens just before 8.50pm on Tuesday.

"We were called to a small fire in the open involving gorse and bushes near Haulfre Gardens, Llandudno at 8.48pm," a fire spokesperson said.

"One appliance attended."

Offline SteveH

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2021, 09:53:48 am »
LLANDUDNO Fire Station is to host its first charity car wash in almost two years next weekend.

The event will be held at the station on Sunday, October 17 between 11am and 4pm, with all of the proceeds going to The Fire Fighters Charity, which supports members of the UK fire services community.

“We’re trying to pull out all the stops on this one and get as many people as we can to come down on the day. It’s a national car wash; stations run them all across the country on different days throughout the year.

“The Fire Fighters Charity relies on all of its funding, so events like this are crucial to the running of the charity.”

People who would like their car washed by the firefighters do not need to pay an entry fee, with Josh adding: “Any donation is greatly received.”

There will be the option of donating money of any amount into a bucket, while contactless payments may also be possible.

You can also donate directly to the Fire Fighters Charity by visiting: www.firefighterscharity.org.uk/donate/give-a-one-off-donation.