Author Topic: Elizabeth "Bessie" Jones. Parents Pierce & Jane Anne of Tan Y Wal  (Read 27607 times)

Offline Helig

• Management board member
Re: Elizabeth "Bessie" Jones. Parents Pierce & Jane Anne of Tan Y Wal
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2019, 10:14:35 am »
Hello Chad,

I forgot to add something to my post of 5 October 2019. The 1911 census I mention was signed Elizabeth Rusholme, ie Bessie.

It will be good for you to visit Llandudno and see all the places for yourself. My recommendation would be to prepare a list of what you want to do and the information required so you can make the best use of your visit.

In your previous post I think you mentioned trying to make contact with descendants of Pierce Jones to find out more on Annie Maria Kirk, nee Jones. The line of Elizabeth/Bessie is a dead end as there is no surviving issue for her. There must be descendants of Pierce Jones living in the Llandudno area. I can look at some of the others which do you think is the most promising? Another possibility would be for you to contact The North Wales Weekly news and ask them to print a letter from you requesting information on any relatives of Pierce Jones, or his children.

I noticed that Anthony G M Jones, son of Richard Benjamin Jones, married in 1961. That was to Roberta Walker and in Aled registration district in Denbighshire. They appear to have had children. They should be alive today.

Helig

Offline mull

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2019, 05:17:57 pm »
Hi Helig.

Richard B Jones and his wife Jane had no children of there own only an adopted daughter Doris.
Doris married Maurice Evans who was later Rector of Corwen and I would think they  are their children.

Offline mull

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2019, 05:38:23 pm »
Hi Hugo,

Seeing the tractor in the bottom photo reminds me of another relative I know of who was part of RNLI Llandudno.
In the late1970s/early1980s  he was a cousin , John, lived in Dinas Road. he was the tractor driver. I remember him showing my 2 boys over a new tractor on the prom. It was the first one with a cab that had an escape hatch in the roof. Don't think he liked the idea of trying to exit it in a hurry.
Trouble is I can not remember his surname, all I remember is he was either a builder/roofer/painter as he carried out a few jobs for my parents when they lived at West Shore.
Perhaps someone on here might remember him.

Offline Helig

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2019, 10:23:27 am »
Hmm, I got the information on Richard B Jones from Chad's tree on Ancestry. He has Richard B Jones and Olive Harrison as parents of Anthony G M Jones born 1941, died 2011. Maybe Chad could let us know how he arrived at this entry.

Helig.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2019, 03:38:04 pm »
Mull,   I looked at the Street Indexes that were available for Dinas Road but they did not have the occupations of the people listed so I was unable to establish exactly where your relative lived and his surname
Without a surname it was impossible to find your relative.   In the street were four John's listed and they had different surnames such as Cooper,  Walton,  Williams and Gregory.
In addition there were a few who just had the initial J and they could have been John's too.
Sorry I couldn't help but hopefully someone may know the John from the RNLI  who lives in Dinas Road.     

Offline mull

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2019, 05:45:34 pm »
Hi Hugo,

Thanks for looking . Hope someone involved with the lifeboat has a good memory, or access to any Llandudno records. He would have been in his late 50s  in 1977/80 time.

Hi Helig,
Hope Chad sees this as he has definitely got the wrong Richard with this one.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2019, 04:58:10 pm »
This photo appeared in today's edition of the NWWN and I thought that you might like to see it.
Can you recognise Pierce Jones in the photo Mull?

Offline mull

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2019, 05:29:23 pm »
Hi Hugo,

That's the photo my lad sent me off the Facebook page and I was unable to relay on to you.
I think he is the 7th person from the left when comparing him to other photos I have seen.

See the 2 girls standing on the ledge !

What was the article in NWWN ?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2019, 05:42:07 pm »
Every week old photos are posted on the NWWN under the heading Nostalgia but there was no story behind the photo it just said courtesey of Facebook

Offline ckirkrph

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2019, 04:13:31 pm »
Now I know that somewhere in the old family pics there was a post card from I thought Christmas island.  I will look around. Could never figure out where it all fit in!
Chad M. Kirk R.Ph

Offline ckirkrph

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2019, 04:44:58 pm »
Thanks by the way for pointing out my error on the tree! Here are picks of the surviving post card we have:
Is this then William Rusholme (Bessie's husband)?
Chad M. Kirk R.Ph

Offline ckirkrph

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2019, 04:46:02 pm »
The back
Chad M. Kirk R.Ph

Offline ckirkrph

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2019, 04:47:48 pm »
Negative view
Chad M. Kirk R.Ph

Offline ckirkrph

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2019, 04:49:59 pm »
Negative of back. I believe this is signed from Will.
Chad M. Kirk R.Ph

Offline Helig

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2019, 02:34:16 pm »
Hello Chad,

These are very interesting. I cannot decipher the writing on the one from Christmas Island. Have you managed to transcribe this please?

Helig