Author Topic: Elizabeth "Bessie" Jones. Parents Pierce & Jane Anne of Tan Y Wal  (Read 27616 times)

Offline ckirkrph

Elizabeth "Bessie" Jones. Parents Pierce & Jane Anne of Tan Y Wal
« on: September 28, 2019, 09:04:15 pm »
Hey there. I have hit a brick wall in tracking my great grandmother Annie maria Kirk (Jones). So I am going to try to gather as much info on her siblings til maybe I will finally find where she is buried. Some of the incredibly able folks I have been fortune enough to find have already helped with answering questions about siblings  Grace Ellen Jones and others so I thought with Bessie being rather close in age to my great grandmother perhaps I will be fortunate enough to connect with some of her lineage and get to know even more distant cousins and such. Any info is of course much appreciated.  As far as siblings go I have found:
Chad M. Kirk R.Ph

Offline ckirkrph

Re: Elizabeth "Bessie" Jones. Parents Pierce & Jane Anne of Tan Y Wal
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 09:06:49 pm »
Her father was Pierce Jones and Jane Anne Jones. I would appreciate any info on any of the siblings of course. 
Chad M. Kirk R.Ph

Offline Helig

• Management board member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 10:27:00 am »
Chad,

I have seen your Family Tree on Ancestry and you seem to have a considerable amount of information on this family. I wouldn't want to start researching all of these from scratch as you have so much already. You will need to specify exactly what information you are looking for.

I suspect the only way you will find where Annie is buried would be to obtain her death certificate which would give an address and enquire of the local council in that area as to the burial grounds that would cover it.

Helig.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 11:55:08 am »
Chad,

Helig is correct in what he has said, we know how much time and effort goes into research and don't want to duplicate anything that you already know so if you want anything specific just post on here and we will gladly help you if we can

I've mentioned this before on the research matters but I'll just repeat it again in case you didn't see it.     A year or more ago I sent off my DNA to My Heritage in Houston Texas.    I just wanted to know where my ancestors came from many hundreds of years ago.
I found that out but since then I have had many contacts from all over the world and at present have over 12,000 distantly related relatives on that data base.
Something like that may help you as will posting things on here and from a personal point of view I had a nice surprise on here when I found out that I was distantly related to Meleri an other forum member

You just need a stroke of good luck to come up with the answers you are looking for

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 03:15:39 pm »
Elizabeth Jones married William Henry Rusholme 23/12/1902 Llandudno Parish Church. His address was 165 Gladstone Avenue, Noel Park, Woodgreen, London, father William. They had a daughter Violet Gwendoline Rusholme born 28/2/1907 Edmonton, Middlesex, baptised 21/4/1907, home address 165 Gladstone Park, father Ironwork Erector. Elizabeth died Chard Somerset 1953 Age 75 & husband William died 1965 Chard Somerset leaving his estate to Violet. Violet died 3/1986 Honiton Devon.

Offline mull

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 06:12:57 pm »
Tan Y Wal connection. Can you help please ?

Anyone on here got access to crew records for Llandudno Lifeboat ?

Was Pierce Jones  (1883-1964) ever a member of the lifeboat crew ?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 09:10:57 am »
Hi Mull,  hope that you are both keeping well up there on the island.       There may be records somewhere but I seem to remember asking them before and was referred to their Head Office so I've e-mailed them and asked them if they have the answers you are looking for.
I'll post on here if I get a reply from them

Offline mull

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 09:41:39 am »
Thanks Hugo.
I remember you saying that you had asked at the station without any luck. Knowing how good this site is I was wondering if there might be someone with the information. You never know who is on here.

Season is slowing down now and easier to drive around the island. Not been easy during the season on single track roads and tourists with no idea how to use their mirrors or how to reverse. I have always enjoyed driving but this summer has been hard work, perhaps I am getting older and not as patient these days.
Still got to post the article on Kinmell Camp railway and also a photo of Bessie for Chad but I still unable to find the scanner. Think Windows has updated something and hidden it.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 12:55:40 pm »
Don't mention updates on Windows 10 Mull,    I'm definitely losing patience with the system

I think that it was DaveR who gave me a tip when I couldn't scan something and he said just take a photo of the photo you want to scan and I've done that a few times on here.

Offline Helig

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2019, 10:02:44 am »
The 1901 census has Annie Maria Kirk in Yardley as Chad has provided in the past. She is with a family by the name of Gilliard, a servant, married and occupation Nurse. It has her born Llandudno.

At that time, Solihull was divided between Warwickshire and Worcestershire:

https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/solihull.html

Yardley came under Worcestershire. These days it would be considered part of Birmingham.

I have discovered that there is a possible burial on this site:

https://www.birminghamburialrecords.co.uk/search/records?visibility=1&a%5Bdeceased_forename%5D%5Bv%5D=annie&a%5Bdeceased_surname%5D%5Bv%5D=kirk&a%5Bcemeterycrematorium_name%5D%5Bv%5D=Yardley+Cemetery&a%5Bcemeterycrematorium_name%5D%5Bt%5D=eq&a%5Byear_of_burial__cremation%5D%5Bv%5D=1909&a%5Byear_of_burial__cremation%5D%5Bm%5D=&action=search

The burial was in Yardley cemetery in August 1909. I am afraid you have to pay to get more information. This would give you the address of Annie.

This ties in with her death being registered in the September quarter of 1909.

https://www.birminghamburialrecords.co.uk/

I leave it up to you to pursue this with the council.

Helig

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2019, 03:20:18 pm »
There is a death registered for Annie Maria Kirk in 1909 3rd Quarter  in Solihull, Warwickshire. No burial info found. You could buy a PDF Certificate from GRO they are a lot cheaper at £6 & you can download them.

Offline Helig

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2019, 10:40:51 am »
Just to avoid confusion, there are many posts on the previous board that relate to this family. These can be seen here:

http://www.threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3598.0.html

In order to try and make matters easier the new board was set up to cover the specific points on Chad's ancestors. The 18 pages on the other board were a bit unwieldy to wade through all the time.

Helig

Offline Helig

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2019, 11:12:02 am »
Hello Chad,

I have another piece of information for you.

Catherine Jones, b1874, married in the parish church of Llandudno on 9 November 1895. Her name is shown as Kate on the marriage certificate. The certificate reads:

George Henry Marshall, age 26, Bachelor, occupation Porter, address: 39 Madoc Street, Llandudno, father: Walter Corelius Marshall, occupation: Civil Service.

Kate Jones, age 21, spinster, address Severn Cottage, 8 Carolne Street, Llandudno, father: Pierce Jones, Plasterer.

Witnesses were: Bessie Jones and James Henry Roberts.

In the 1901 census, Catherine is living in 18 Jubilee St, Llandudno. The household is as follows:

George Henry Marshall, Head, married, age 31, occupation: Craneman, born Woolwich, Kent.
Kate Marshall, age 26, born Llandudno.
Gertrude J Marshall, age 4, daughter, born Llandudno.
Percival Marshall, son, age 3, born Llandudno.
Walter George Marshall, son, age 1, born Llandudno.

In the 1911 census the family are living in the Pen y Cefn Inn, Llandegfan, Anglesey. The household is as follows:

George Henry Marshall, Head, age 42, occupation: Inn Keeper, born Woolwich, Kent.
Kate Marshall, Wife, age 36, occupation: assisting in the business, born Llandudno.
Gertrude Jane Marshall, daughter, age 14, born Llandudno.
Percival Marshall, son, age 13, school, born Llandudno.
Walter George Marshall, son, age 11, school, born Llandudno.
Elizabeth Marshall, daughter, age 9, school, born Llandudno.
Henry Edward Marshall, age 5, son, school, born Llandudno.

Helig

Offline Helig

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2019, 11:45:15 am »
Harry Jones, official name is Henry Jones, was baptised in Llandudno on 14 November 1886. Address when baptised: 1 Back Madoc Street, Llandudno.

It appears that Pierce and Jane Jones baptised their children is a sort of job lot that day. The register shows they baptised children as follows:

Henry Jones
John Jones
Elizabeth Jones
Catherine Jones
Pierce Jones
Anne Jones
Grace Ellen Jones

Henry Jones attended St George's National School in Llandudno where the registers show his date of birth as 2 October 1886. He was admitted there in February 1891 and his address was: 7 Back Augusta Street.

His marriage and death are more of a problem!

Helig